• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

MLB Free Agency

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Hey now that's a bad place to visit. I mean seriously the Pats... Sox... Celtics... I feel bad for Hasselbeck poor guy...

Reaction score
God... I wish we had a trifecta pf successful teams teams like that... We don't even have a trifecta anymore lol

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Hal Steinbrenner is officially the owner of the Yankees now. The MLB approved the handing down of the powers from Hal's father George.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Yanks have landed CC and now AJ Burnett. Nice week to improve our rotation. I am very happy with these signings, but as typical Yankee would like to add Sheets or Lowe also :). It's true we aint ever happy till we get that trophy!

Reaction score
And the Yankees are showing why everyone hates them.... Even during a recession they spend like there's no tomorrow....

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
That they do, but if you got the money why not? I mean if I had the money I would go after them for that price too... maybe not Burnett I think he's an injury prone and never has won more then 15 games in a year if not mistaken. So I think they overpaid for him by a lot. CC will go out every start and give it his all. He wants to win and can in New York.

Idahawk

Reaction score
What are the M's a retirement home ? I don't want Griffey, Moyer or Johnson ....and letting Ibanez and Putz go well ......all I can do is hope somebody in Seattle knows WTF they are doing...

Reaction score
Well Ibanez is getting old and is a very sub-par outfielder, we're looking to get young and bolster our farm system.. We have no big bats now though since Raul is probably going to be a Philly and take Pat Burrell's place... And no stability at the back of the bullpen, Sean Green and JJ and both gone.

We better have a plan for this year to add some real talent to this team and not just Russel Branyan and Chris Shelton.

Trade Betancourt away and sign Rafael Furcal.

Reaction score
If you sign Furcal, you're going to pay a lot for a guy you're only gonna get about 100 games out of if you are lucky. No thanks.

So far I've loved all the moves our new GM has made. Raul is getting old, and has terrible defense so I'll gladly take the 2 picks for him. Putz will most likely never be as good as he was in 2007 so we might as well get rid of him before the league realizes that. Sean Green was pretty good but nothing you can't replace. So to trade those guys and get 6 in return, including Franklin Gutierrez, was a steal. Plus, we have a GM who's had several solid drafts in the past and the M's will have 5 out of the first 55 draft picks this year.

Reaction score
seahawkscott19 said:
If you sign Furcal, you're going to pay a lot for a guy you're only gonna get about 100 games out of if you are lucky. No thanks.

So far I've loved all the moves our new GM has made. Raul is getting old, and has terrible defense so I'll gladly take the 2 picks for him. Putz will most likely never be as good as he was in 2007 so we might as well get rid of him before the league realizes that. Sean Green was pretty good but nothing you can't replace. So to trade those guys and get 6 in return, including Franklin Gutierrez, was a steal. Plus, we have a GM who's had several solid drafts in the past and the M's will have 5 out of the first 55 draft picks this year.

It would be an improvement over Betancourt....

Hopefully Strausberg is one of those picks!

S

Seattlehawk94

bobflipaburger said:
Hopefully Strausberg is one of those picks!

Only way that happens is if DC decides not to deal with Bor-ass...The only problem is, we have the same luck with that douchebag---COUGH---Fields---COUGH--I like Mr. Zurga's moves but I'm still iffy on the guy..

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Tex is expected to decide on a team soon... Said Baltimore and Washington are not out of the mix due to his home town ties.

Reaction score
Too bad we're not in the running, but it's for the best to not sign any big contracts right now. We need to sign a big bat though... Our power hitter is Beltre? With NO protection behind him, our offense will be pathetic if we don't sign a big bat.

Reaction score
Who honestly thinks there's even a sliver of a chance of Tex going to Baltimore or Washington? This is the reason I hate baseball's offseason because if there's any big free agents they are most likely Scott Boras clients and are going to be overpaid by either the Yankees, Boston, or one of the LA teams. This offseason alone should be the reason MLB should have a salary cap. Paying a guy $22 million a year to throw a ball is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Yeah I do like the idea of the salary cap, but it appears that Tex is going to don the Sox colors... Poor guy. They seriously overpaid for him... You know you overpaid when even the Yanks won't offer a contract :)

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Yeah I do like the idea of the salary cap, but it appears that Tex is going to don the Sox colors... Poor guy. They seriously overpaid for him... You know you overpaid when even the Yanks won't offer a contract :)

Not as bad as the Yanks overpaid Burnett and Sabathia

Top Bottom