• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

MLB Free Agency

Reaction score
The MLB Free Agency period officially starts tonight. Already the New York Yankees made a trade acquiring first-basemen Nick Swisher of Chicago White Sox. The Yanks traded Wilson Betemit to the Sox and two other minor league prospects.

The Yanks are heavy favorites to go out and shop for both C.C Sabathia and Mark Teixiera.

S

Seattlehawk94

Rumors of a 1997 reunion? (Jamie wasn't there in 1995)

A rumor going around is that the M's are interested in bringing Moyer back because he lives here and didn't want to leave in the first place..

Now that he's got a ring he'd be more than willing to come back home where he lives during the offseaon.

You've heard of Griffey coming back (it's a done deal, might be complete by Monday). But here's one for ya...

There is a F/A Pitcher who's less 7 wins away from winning his 300th game. Wouldn't it be nice to see one of them reach a career milestone in OUR uni unlike Jr.'s 500th and 600th?

Yeah, that's right....Randy Johnson is on the M's shopping list...

Sign him...What the hell..Sign Moyer and Junior as well...This club has NO LEADERSHIP and bringing in those three would bring instant leadership and even if this year went like the last..I'd still watch just for those guys.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Yanks are expected to offer C.C. a contract today. It's expected to be a $140-142 deal with six years on it. They are then expected to offer Derek Lowe and A.J. Burnett deals within the next two days also.

Reaction score
I know it's not going to happen, but I want the Mainers to sign

Mark Teixiera, Adam Dunn, Corey Patterson, and re-sign Raul Ibanez, and Willie Bloomquist.

That would give us a deadly offense... one of the best top 2/3 of a line up in the league

RF Ichrio(L)
2B Lopez(R)
LF IBanez(L)
1B Teixiera(S)
DH Dunn(L)
3B Beltre (R)
SS Betancourt (R)
C johjima or clement(R/L)
CF Patterson (L)

S

Seattlehawk94

How about this:

1. Ichiro (CF)
2. Lopez (2B)
3. Griffey (DH)
4. Ibanez (LF)
5. Beltre (3B)
6. Overbay (RF)
7. Dunn (1B)
8. Betancourt (SS)
9. Clement (C)

Rotation:
1. Felix
2. Big Unit
3. Betard
4. Moyer
5. Morrow

Reaction score
That lineup is WAY to lefthand heavy, but I guess that's ok in our park. if I had those players my lineup would look like this

Seattlehawk94 said:
How about this:

1. Ichiro
2. Lopez
3. Ibanez
4. Beltre
5. Dunn
6. Overbay
7. Betancourt
8. Griffey
9. Clement

Rotation:
1. Felix
2. Bedard
3. Morrow
4. Johnson
5. Moyer

Randy's not coming back though.... And there's no way Silva won't start for us this year... He's making way too much money.

Griffey wouldn't even be an everyday starter if he came here probably... The kid isn't what he used to be.

I think if we can make my lineup happen (very unlikely) we'd make the playoffs

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Yanks Mike Mussina has retired today. He was the oldest player ever to win 20 games in a season and it was his first of his career. He ends his career with 270 wins and a 3.68 career ERA. He supposedly has put his New York house up for sale.

Reaction score
We're not going to win anything with the same crap we have now so I'm hoping for a complete overhaul. Here's what I'd like to see done.
- I love Raul, but give me the draft picks that we'll get when he leaves.
- Trade Beltre. He's a sold player and there are a couple of teams that would give us a nice package of young players for him. Heck I wouldn't be all that upset if we traded Ichiro for this same reason.
- Avoid all expensive free agents this year.
- Sign Griffey for cheap. We may suck next year but at least having Griffey will keep people interested.
- Let Z work his drafting magic, fill the roster with cheap good young players over the next couple of years (see Tampa Bay), and then when we have a solid core go spend some money on free agents to take us to the promised land.

That's my take on things.

Reaction score
No way, keep Beltre.. He's my favorite player. We need to build a solid team around pitching and defense and he's the best defensive 3rd baseman in the league.

Reaction score
Sorry Bob, but having good defense at 3rd and in Right isn't gonna win us anything when they're surrounded by garbage. This team needs to be restocked in the worst way, and with one year left on his deal Beltre is the most logical one to send packing.

Reaction score
I really don't think we're that far away from being good as our record implies... We need a DH, a CF and a 1B. Our pitchers were injured all year last year, Morrow will be a starter this season.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Race is heating between Yanks and Sox for Burnett. I honeslty don't want him. I think he's overrated and has his injury problems.

JUST GIVE ME C.C.

Reaction score
I apologize 96, but I'll throw up if CC goes to the Yankees. I hate the Yankees with every ounce of my soul and wish ill upon them as often as possible.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
19 I understand. Yankees are the team you either love 'em or hate 'em. I love 'em and hope CC lands in New York. I wake up everyday and pray that it's the day he signs with us.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Yeah well I rooted for them this Oct and they didn't come through. So sorry Brewers I need to punish you and take CC. lol

Top Bottom