• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

MLB Free Agency

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
I wouldn't say so much about CC, but Burnett yeah we did. He wasn't my first choice. He spends way too much time on the FL. I understand he is a great AL East pitcher against those teams, but what's it matter if he's not healthy?

Reaction score
You wouldn't say you over-paid CC?! You over-paid the shit out of him lol. Especially considering that we're in a recession... Pro athletes contracts should reflect that, but that's not how the steinbrenners see it... It probably never will be... Until their bankrupt and I'm laughing my ass off.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Steinbrenners never will be bankrupt... With their TV deals, popularity and ability to bring fans it will never happen. I can't judge CC cause for all I know we win the Series this year... That's how I judge Yanks as busts... A-Rod... Bust so far... Jeter... Legend.

See the Yanks are smart their TV Deal with his own network Yes Network brings in money, People will go and watch the Yankees whenever they have the chance if they come into town... People will go to the new stadium just to experience it. In reality you might hate the Yankees, but it's more attractive to see a game against them then anyother team in baseball. Cause if you don't like 'em you hate 'em and that means you get to cheer against them! Steinbrenner's may overspend, but in reality that's what you can do when you have that type of money!

Reaction score
Of course they won't go bankrupt, but I really don't think teams should be shelling out these record contracts anymore.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Yeah that's true, but can you blame them when the fans keep coming? That's why I can't complain that their overpaid. I help them when I get a jersey of a player or a team hat. Just my instincts. I pay for part of their salary and if I feel their overpaid I won't buy their jersey or merchandise.

Reaction score
You're fucking kidding me right? God damn I hate the fucking Yankees... It is time for a salary cap in baseball.

Idahawk

Reaction score
All that money to beat the Rays its actually really funny....but not good for the game no matter how much they share the wealth......one team being able grab the cream of crop takes all the fun out of it...baseball is bullshit..and the money being paid out in all sports is joke..its got to stop ...or sports will suffer

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Yeah well it's not like they are buying championships. Haven't won one since 2000. Other teams that spend don't succeed look at the Tigers after they made it to the World Series. Over spent on Sheffield and how about Dontrelle Willis?!

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Yeah well it's not like they are buying championships. Haven't won one since 2000. Other teams that spend don't succeed look at the Tigers after they made it to the World Series. Over spent on Sheffield and how about Dontrelle Willis?!

It's not like they haven't been trying to buy one. Tigers need help in the bullpen and maybe a starter or 2, if they get that watch out American league.

Top Bottom