• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I'm a FAN!, ARE YOU?

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

robdog;55854 said:
Dam, you are on one tough mission.

Worked for the Oregon Stadium Campaign and Oregon is ALOT harder to get funding for things like that than here...We still have a Bill that never expires that passed in the State House in Salem that says any team that comes to PDX get's a ballpark...

This is going to sound like a fortune cookie but...

Journey of a Thousand Miles begins with ONE STEP....

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

dizzle498;55866 said:
Doesn't Bill Simmons from ESPN call OKC the "Zombie Sonics"?

I am in Orange County and the Kings are thinking about moving here, I say send 'em to Seattle.

Yep, still called the Zombie Sonics!

I'm all for the Kings coming...We need an arena first though...Until then, it's a pipe dream and every team that want's to move will use us a threat and get people's hopes up only to dash them...

A new building puts US in control....

Reaction score
I'd love for Seattle to get a new expansion franchise. I don't want other teams' fans having to go through the same thing we did, unless that team happens to come from Oklahoma City.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

I'd GLADY jack Memphis....Know alot of people in Vancouver still bitter about THOSE hicks jacking THEIR team...

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm still so bitter about the whole thing. Having a new team here would be nice, but it will not be the same team I used to go see all the time growing up as a kid. The part that really pisses me off is that the OKC Thunder have the rights to the history of OUR Sonics franchise...meaning even if we do get a team here and they are the Sonics, OKC still gets the rights to that history and not our city in which it happened.

With that said, I would rather have an NBA team here and start a new tradition that my future kids can take part in than not have one at all. I think I speak for all true Sonics fans when I say when they left it truely felt like a loved one dying and still does.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
tonos253;56405 said:
A Pro team is a pro team. I just want one

You obviously didn't have much of a connection to our team that got highjacked and is now playing in OKC.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
dmarkholt12;56413 said:
You obviously didn't have much of a connection to our team that got highjacked and is now playing in OKC.

Easy you don't know him so don't throw out that accusation. We are all hurt by the Sonics leaving. Still rather have a pro team than no team I think was the point.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
kdawg2980;56422 said:
Easy you don't know him so don't throw out that accusation. We are all hurt by the Sonics leaving. Still rather have a pro team than no team I think was the point.

Stop being a drama queen (like always) trying to start something. He said a pro team is a pro team after I stated it won't be the same. If you read what I said, I said I would still rather have a team than no team at all, it just won't be the same. If anybody thinks differently, then they probably didn't have that much of a tie to the Sonics. It is like the Baltimore Colts fans saying that the Ravens are the same thing, it's not.

Reaction score
A big difference between the that example and our situation is when we get a team back they will still be the Sonics. We're not starting a new franchise, one of the agreements was that all of the team history stays in Seattle. I guess you can think of it as the Thunder are an expansion team that got all of our players and the Sonics just went away.

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
dmarkholt12;56413 said:

you sound stupid. you act like we are able to get the sonics back .. If we ever get a team back they wouldn't be the sonics so im saying i'd be happy just to have another Pro basketball team

Reaction score
tonos253;56426 said:
you sound stupid. you act like we are able to get the sonics back .. If we ever get a team back they wouldn't be the sonics so im saying i'd be happy just to have another Pro basketball team

If we get a team back they WILL be the Sonics

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

They will be the Sonics but they'd share a history with both the franchise they were before they came to Seattle and the Blunder....Personally, I think we let the Sonics stay dead....Reviving a name of a team that was based on a plane Boeing never built and reusing Packers colors instead of the traditional Seattle blue and green colors just doesn't seem right...

The Hornets moved to NOLA and retired former Jazz star Pistol Pete's number...No reason why a team moving here can't do the same for all the old Sonics without completely losing THEIR past as well....We need to turn the page, keep the numbers and banners and HONOR the Sonics but LOOK TO THE FUTURE when the new team comes here....

I LOVED the Sonics...But START FRESH....Why keep looking back at one of the worst times in Seattle sports history...That would be like the M's in 1977 taking the name "Pilots", it's a bad era and holds plenty of bad feelings and that's NOT the way to start off a new franchise....

Side note....The "WILL be the Sonics" isn't true.....We have until 2012 to have an arena plan in place or the name and "shared history" goes to the faggots in OKC and we'd have to PAY THEM to get it back and use the name "Sonics"....I don't want those fucks to have ANY more money from us....Unless it's to pay for Clay Bennett's funeral which I'd be more than willing to donate for....

Top Bottom