• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I caved

OP
K

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;54928 said:
Well no shit, obviously a QB is a bigger piece to be missing than a RB. You can still run your full offense when you're missing a RB.

If it's "No shit" then why is 18 arguing when everyone on here is saying Hasselbeck is more valuable than Alexander?

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18;54933 said:
Did I say otherwise?
No, was just saying because I am pretty sure that is where 94 was coming from. When you talk about RB's you don't just include rushing stats.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
kdawg2980;54932 said:
If it's "No shit" then why is 18 arguing when everyone on here is saying Hasselbeck is more valuable than Alexander?

Well first because I argue with everything.

And second, Hasselbeck has been more valuable to the franchise over a longer period of time. In 2005, you could have plugged an average QB in and likely still had a lot of success. See: New York Jets. In 2005, Alexander was the MVP.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
dmarkholt12;54934 said:
No, was just saying because I am pretty sure that is where 94 was coming from. When you talk about RB's you don't just include rushing stats.

Well that's pretty much all Alexander did, so that all we can talk about. ;)

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18;54914 said:
No. Not rushing TDs.

Doesn't matter cause he was such a good pass catcher he didn't have to score as many touchdowns rushing. SA couldn't even block

OP
K

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
tonos253;54940 said:
Doesn't matter cause he was such a good pass catcher he didn't have to score as many touchdowns rushing. SA couldn't even block

He only ran hard in the end zone when that benefitted him and him only. He never blocked because that doesn't help his numbers or bother to be a good pass catcher as most average fans don't look at a RB's receiving stats.

His quotes after that group won their first division title together really pissed me off. He was more focused about a fucking rushing title than winning a fucking division title.

Sorry for the swearing but that really pissed me off at the time and now.

OP
K

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Oh by the way the Franchise felt Hasselbeck back then was more valuable hense him getting resigned after 2004 while Alexander was franchised. Holmgren dangled Alexander out there for a second round draft pick and nobody bit. You think teams would have traded a second for Hasselbeck, Jones or Hutch? They couldn't say yes fast enough.

Reaction score
In 2005 Alexander was more valuable. That year is the lone exception and I'm pretty sure that's the point 18 is making.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
This is the shit that pisses me off. Rip on Alexander for being shitty catching passes out of the backfield, but you can't bother to look at Alexander's receiving stats from 2001-2003 (averaged 48 receptions).

Question. Who owns the franchise record for single season receptions for a running back? Ricky Watters with 63. Who is second? Alexander, with 59. 59! Jesus! John Carlson hasn't ever registered that many and he is supposed to be a pass catching tight end. Mike Williams only had 65 receptions this season. In 2008 we didn't have anyone reach 59. In 2007 only Engram bettered 59. And you people say Alexander cannot catch a pass out of the back field? Bullshit.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
kdawg2980;54942 said:
Oh by the way the Franchise felt Hasselbeck back then was more valuable hense him getting resigned after 2004 while Alexander was franchised. Holmgren dangled Alexander out there for a second round draft pick and nobody bit. You think teams would have traded a second for Hasselbeck, Jones or Hutch? They couldn't say yes fast enough.

Alexander was franchised in 2005, not 2004. Jones was still franchised in 2004. By your logic, Hasselbeck was more valuable than Jones. I'm not sure I buy that...

And I'd like to see something about Holmgren dangling Alexander for a second round pick. I had not heard that before and would like to read up on it.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
kdawg2980;54941 said:
He only ran hard in the end zone when that benefitted him and him only. He never blocked because that doesn't help his numbers or bother to be a good pass catcher as most average fans don't look at a RB's receiving stats.

Already addressed the part about being a good pass catcher above...

As for only running hard in the end zone because it benefited him and him only, can you explain how touchdowns benefit only the player and not the whole team?

OP
K

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18;54946 said:
Alexander was franchised in 2005, not 2004. Jones was still franchised in 2004. By your logic, Hasselbeck was more valuable than Jones. I'm not sure I buy that...

And I'd like to see something about Holmgren dangling Alexander for a second round pick. I had not heard that before and would like to read up on it.

Learn to read then pop off please. I said AFTER the 2004 season. So I'll explain AFTER means going to the next season which was 2005.

They were all three free agents after 2004. Walter and Hasselbeck were priority 1 and priority 2. Alexander was priority three.

For being a "super mod" I figured you would know these things or at least how to read. I hate being corrected on something I'm right about.

OP
K

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18;54944 said:
This is the shit that pisses me off. Rip on Alexander for being shitty catching passes out of the backfield, but you can't bother to look at Alexander's receiving stats from 2001-2003 (averaged 48 receptions).

Question. Who owns the franchise record for single season receptions for a running back? Ricky Watters with 63. Who is second? Alexander, with 59. 59! Jesus! John Carlson hasn't ever registered that many and he is supposed to be a pass catching tight end. Mike Williams only had 65 receptions this season. In 2008 we didn't have anyone reach 59. In 2007 only Engram bettered 59. And you people say Alexander cannot catch a pass out of the back field? Bullshit.

2004: 23 receptions
2005: 15 receptions
2006: 12 receptions
2007: 14 receptions

What a "great" pass catcher he was. He was a good receiving back in 2001-2003 but after that he sure was pretty shitty. He was also a terrible blocking back.

How many "MVP" backs get pulled on third downs for a slow aging fullback? Mack Strong was always the lone back because he could block better.

OP
K

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18;54952 said:
Thanks for that substantive, quantifiable statement.

Feel free NOT to post.

Why? because he disagrees with you? Look at Alexander's years 2004-2007 he was downright terrible as a pass catcher.

Top Bottom