• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Hasselbeck Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
According to Danny O'Neil, Charlie Whitehurst will start this Sunday against the Giants. Thoughts?

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I heard this too. I also heard that he will be ready. I personally would LOVE to see Charlie play this week. Supposedly hes got great legs and we all know he has a bigger arm then Hass. (we couldve used him last week when we did the same deep throw every down) Idk, Hasselbeck is gonna get creamed if okung doesnt play. Our O-line went from mediocre right back to last season within two games =(

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
robdog;51463 said:
Dam, what is going on with Hasselbeck?
I guess the concussion is worse than they thought. Or, they just don't want him to get another one against the Giants.

bobflipaburger;51462 said:
I don't really want to go to the game this weekend now.
I don't know why, but I'm kind of excited to see what Whitehurst can do.

Reaction score
This is the right move.. Gives the Seahawks a chance to finally see what Whitehurst is capable of. Lets be honest, the chances of the Seahawks coming out with a win this weekend is pretty slim.. Why risk further injury on Hasselbeck, against one of the best defensive lines in the game. Let him rest up for a pivotal game the following week against the Cardinals on the road.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
RockOutWithYourHawkOut;51467 said:
This is the right move.. Gives the Seahawks a chance to finally see what Whitehurst is capable of. Lets be honest, the chances of the Seahawks coming out with a win this weekend is pretty slim.. Why risk further injury on Hasselbeck, against one of the best defensive lines in the game. Let him rest up for a pivotal game the following week against the Cardinals on the road.
I'm sure that played into their decision. Maybe not a lot, but it had to a little bit.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Matt didnt pass his base line test for concussion, sounds like the league wouldnt even let him play.

Perfect timing, its time to see what we paid for in Whitehurst.

Im excited for the game, gotta love the long ball, come on da jesus!

Reaction score
Excited to see what Whitehurst can do, more excited for Lynch and Forsett because they will be getting more of workload hopefully.

Reaction score
Practice Squad QB Zac Robinson is expected to be added to the 53-man roster fairly soon in case something happens to Whitehurst.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants throw 8-men in the box until Whitehurst proves to them that he can be a viable passing threat.

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;51475 said:
Won't matter who is under center... no line, no offense.

Exactly. I want to see how Whitehurst does (why not?) but we could have Montana, Elway and 1999 Favre under center and not ONE would score a single TD if he's on his back.
:help:

Wouldn't the G-men prepare for a running attack first and then go after the new QB? Force him to throw to beat them as was said previously.

Still wish I could watch it.

Reaction score
Bru-Hed;51476 said:
Exactly. I want to see how Whitehurst does (why not?) but we could have Montana, Elway and 1999 Favre under center and not ONE would score a single TD if he's on his back.

Wouldn't the G-men prepare for a running attack first and then go after the new QB? Force him to throw to beat them as was said previously.

If you want to watch the game. Go to Atdhe.net They stream almost every game and I have never had the stream fail half way through like other sites.

I use it any time im not home for a game or when the Blazers play.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Bru-Hed;51476 said:

You are exactly right. The Giants are gonna send everything they have at us. Our line is really beat up. We got back Pitts which is huge, but lost Hamilton and Okung is out (from what i have read, not sure if its official). If we can get Okung healthy and slide Pitts to guard in place of Hamilton then our line will be fine. This week however i im not very confident that our line will get it done. Like i said, they are gonna send everything they have at us considering our beat up line, and backup qb who has never started a regualr season nfl game. Sure Lynch and Forsett might see a more heavy workload, but it wont matter if they are able to stack the box...it will be continuous 3 and outs if that is the case. Lets just hope Petey and Bates have a good gameplan this week and Whitey is ready for A LOT of pressure. I for one am excited to finally see what Whitey can do, although this is not the ideal scenario.

Reaction score
The Giants don't have to game plan for anything.... this will be like playing a retard in madden with your difficulty setting to Rookie.

They will stack the box on running plays and stuff our backs before they even get the ball. They will rush 3 or 4 on pass downs and get pressure.

This line needs to be completely rewamped next year... minus Okung and maybe Unger, I wan't every last one of these bums gone by the start of next year.

Until this team does that I will have NO FAITH in them. I don't care who starts at QB.

And since this topic is about Whitehurtst starting. I think he would do horribly regardless of the line situation. He forces throw, looks uncomfortable in the pocket, overthrows open widereceivers resulting in picks.

And from what I saw in preseason anytime he plays from behind, he plays even worse. He cannot run a hurry up offense and will not be able to rally a team even if they're down by one score.

I give him a nice rating of FAIL!!!

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
#ONE;51484 said:
The Giants don't have to game plan for anything.... this will be like playing a retard in madden with your difficulty setting to Rookie.

They will stack the box on running plays and stuff our backs before they even get the ball. They will rush 3 or 4 on pass downs and get pressure.

This line needs to be completely rewamped next year... minus Okung and maybe Unger, I wan't every last one of these bums gone by the start of next year.

Until this team does that I will have NO FAITH in them. I don't care who starts at QB.

And since this topic is about Whitehurtst starting. I think he would do horribly regardless of the line situation. He forces throw, looks uncomfortable in the pocket, overthrows open widereceivers resulting in picks.

And from what I saw in preseason anytime he plays from behind, he plays even worse. He cannot run a hurry up offense and will not be able to rally a team even if they're down by one score.

I give him a nice rating of FAIL!!!
The preseason really isn't a great way to evaluate how a player will do in the regular season. Some guys have outstanding preseasons and end up having horrible regular seasons. Other guys have horrible preseasons and have great regular seasons. I'm not saying Whitehurst will have a great game, but it's too early to say he's going to suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom