• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Hasselbeck Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I honestly believe the only reason they traded for Whitehurst is because they didn't realize what they had and expected to cut Matt.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger;51532 said:
I honestly believe the only reason they traded for Whitehurst is because they didn't realize what they had and expected to cut Matt.

Could be. Especially if they watched film from the second half of last year.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;51527 said:
dmarkholt,

the offensive line didn't have one bad game. They had 2 HORRIBLE games back to back. Matt has been sacked 14 times in the last two weeks. That is absolutely inappropriate! Those bums on the line are all making millions of dollars to protect the QB and make holes for the running back. They have proven in capable of either. There is NO EXCUSE for them, none! I can't think of a worse unit in the NFL, if you know of one, please let me know.

And on Charlie Whitehurst, I don't even looks at his numbers in preseason... I watched each game, I remember the SD preseason game from last year. He looks like shit. He doesn't look like an NFL caliber QB. And using a QBs college stats to argue a point is pointless. There have been tons of QBs that put up insane numbers in college and don't amount to shit in this league.
That is why I said they have been bad the LAST FEW WEEKS if you read carefully. The last few weeks, not just last week, our line has been unhealthy. Okung played in part of the 1st qtr against AZ and it was obvious how much better our line was when he was playing. Marshawn was getting solid gain after solid gain. The thing is...one guy CAN make a huge difference on an entire line. Offensive lineman arent the only ones getting paid millions of dollars...the defense gets paid the same to fill those holes and get after the quarterback. It just so happens, when Okung is out and the rest of our line is beat up...our O-Line isnt that good. Wait until everyone is healthy then make an assessment on the entire line. Because before the Arizona game, I believe everyone else including yourself after the impressive win against Chicago were praising the line and how far they have come. Dont be a hypocrite.

Reaction score
That defense kept us in that Raiders game until the 4th quarter. How many other defenses can keep the other team to 13 points while their offense can't muster a single 1st down let alone gain a yard.

And to all you Charlie Whitehurst lovers... how about over throwing chris baker by 10 yards when he was wide open?

On that note, wtf is Bates calling that shit on a 3rd and 1... give it to Marshawn... he's got a better chance of getting the first then that playing working.

Trick plays work in high school and college, this is the NFL, the players are too smart and too fast to fall for that shit 9 times out of 10.

That was a desperation play and look at how our team is responding to that???

Call me a bad bandwagon fan! FUCK you mr. glass is always half full. I am just a realist and have been a fan long enough to know how this team self destructs.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;51543 said:
That defense kept us in that Raiders game until the 4th quarter. How many other defenses can keep the other team to 13 points while their offense can't muster a single 1st down let alone gain a yard.

And to all you Charlie Whitehurst lovers... how about over throwing chris baker by 10 yards when he was wide open?

On that note, wtf is Bates calling that shit on a 3rd and 1... give it to Marshawn... he's got a better chance of getting the first then that playing working.

Trick plays work in high school and college, this is the NFL, the players are too smart and too fast to fall for that shit 9 times out of 10.

That was a desperation play and look at how our team is responding to that???

Call me a bad bandwagon fan! FUCK you mr. glass is always half full. I am just a realist and have been a fan long enough to know how this team self destructs.
lol im not mr. glass half full, i just know football because i have played it all of my life and know how much injuries can effect how a team plays. An injury to your best offensive lineman effects the ENTIRE line. You are just too stuck in your rant about how poor they have played the last two weeks to actually admit how much better that line is when Okung is in. Injuries suck, they have obviously been a serious problem for our line and because of that our line looks horrible right now, i have never once disagreed with that but since you refuse to actually read what i say you wouldnt know that. I also am not a Whitehurst lover, I just happen to give the guy a shot before calling for his head when he has never started an NFL game in his life. IF you were a true fan, you would be hoping that he did well instead of hoping he does terrible just so you can be right. I never have said that he was a great player all i said is wait until you see what he can do in a regular season game to start complaining about him, once again you would have noticed that if you could read. I am a complete realist and have NEVER once said that we are a great team, but the REALITY is that we are still in the hunt to win this division. If we can get Okung healthy for good and the rest of our line healthy then i feel like we can make a run for the playoffs. In all actuality we will be the worst team to make the playoffs but any team from our division will be the worst team to make the playoffs. Everyone knows this was supposed to be a rebuilding year and everyone was completely fine with that until now. Why is it that everyone was saying we would win 4 games all season but we are 4-3 (soon to be 4-4) and all of a sudden this is a failure of a team and the bitching starts again. You are someone that cant take any type of adversity, not a realist.

Reaction score
Where are all the positive thinkers at??!!!

Come on, step up to the podium you fucking hippies!

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;51545 said:
Where are all the positive thinkers at??!!!

Come on, step up to the podium you fucking hippies!
Cmon bro really? Lol
You have no clue who I am, you probably have never even laid foot on a football field with pads beyond middle school you idiot.

Reaction score
The packers don't even have a fucking running back and look at them. They've been riddled with injuries and look at where they're at.

Look at our friends the Rams, they have lost more receivers to injuries than we did in 2008. Koren Robinson would be an upgrade over the guys they have now and they're able to function on offense.

Injuries don't excuse shit. Yes, with your main guys out, you would expect a drop in production. But the offense has ceased to exist. I don't care if these guys are starters or back ups, you get paid to play, you practice to play and you need to come to play.

Look at Williams, he's a clutch receiver, but look at how he is playing like shit. The whole team falls apart. Everyone loses confidence and it radiates through every player, who feels the pressure to perform better and they end up losing focus.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;51547 said:
The packers don't even have a fucking running back and look at them. They've been riddled with injuries and look at where they're at.

Look at our friends the Rams, they have lost more receivers to injuries than we did in 2008. Koren Robinson would be an upgrade over the guys they have now and they're able to function on offense.

Injuries don't excuse shit. Yes, with your main guys out, you would expect a drop in production. But the offense has ceased to exist. I don't care if these guys are starters or back ups, you get paid to play, you practice to play and you need to come to play.

Look at Williams, he's a clutch receiver, but look at how he is playing like shit. The whole team falls apart. Everyone loses confidence and it radiates through every player, who feels the pressure to perform better and they end up losing focus.
You really do know less about football than I thought. Yes, Grant is hurt in Green Bay. For one, they have always been a pass first team and still are, Jackson hasnt done anything for them. The Rams lost their receivers, receivers are a dime a dozen in the NFL and they dont open up holes for your runningback or give your QB time to throw the ball. The offensive line is the most crucial part of a football team. The difference in skill from 1st string to 2nd string on the OLine is far greater than any other position. If you lose your offensive line and dont have a lot of talent on offense as it is, youre screwed, let alone your best offensive lineman that plays LT...the most important position on the line.

Reaction score
Dude yes I acknowledge that our entire line is a better unit when Okung is in there. But it's not excusable for the entire line to collapse and play like complete ass hole with him out. It just isn't.

I never played organized football bro, never claimed to have. I can still see what is happening.

This team was riding a lucky high and after a couple of injuries they are back to what they truly are. I will be first to admit, for a second I bought into it and was a believer, but being a Seahawks fan I should've known better.

And there goes Charlie boy again. This line that I've been bashing all day has actually given him decent protection... and he throws a costly pick.

Reaction score
dmarkholt12;51549 said:
You really do know less about football than I thought. Yes, Grant is hurt in Green Bay. For one, they have always been a pass first team and still are, Jackson hasnt done anything for them. The Rams lost their receivers, receivers are a dime a dozen in the NFL and they dont open up holes for your runningback or give your QB time to throw the ball. The offensive line is the most crucial part of a football team. The difference in skill from 1st string to 2nd string on the OLine is far greater than any other position. If you lose your offensive line and dont have a lot of talent on offense as it is, youre screwed, let alone your best offensive lineman that plays LT...the most important position on the line.

Thanks coach... I feel like I am a better person now that you've told me more about football.

I am not comparing injured receivers to injured offensive linemen, I am saying that good team over come "adversity".

Since you are such a football genius please tell me what has happened to this defense that was legit for the first 5 or so games.

Why are they playing like complete and utter shit?

Please do tell me!!!

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;51550 said:
Dude yes I acknowledge that our entire line is a better unit when Okung is in there. But it's not excusable for the entire line to collapse and play like complete ass hole with him out. It just isn't.

I never played organized football bro, never claimed to have. I can still see what is happening.

This team was riding a lucky high and after a couple of injuries they are back to what they truly are. I will be first to admit, for a second I bought into it and was a believer, but being a Seahawks fan I should've known better.

And there goes Charlie boy again. This line that I've been bashing all day has actually given him decent protection... and he throws a costly pick.
Touche on Whitehurst. I never claimed he would light the world on fire, just said give him a shot. Ill agree he is definitely not the future here and they need to look hard in this next draft for that guy while Hasselbeck still has time to mentor. I am just saying, the injuries on the line are bigger than you may think. Everyone knew this was a rebuilding year and if we still can contend for the division title while at it i look at it as a bonus. We are obviously not there yet, there are still many holes that need to be filled and depth that needs to be added. But we are going in the right direction. We are 4-4 after this week, as many wins as most people said. No one thought or expected to even be relatively close to the division title this year, so i still think if we win 7 games this year it is a success. If we only win 6, then i wont be disappointed...it was expected. Were not gonna be a great or even good team for another year or two, thats just reality.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
I'll admit it, I was wrong about Whitehurst. I never said he was good, but I didn't think he would be this bad.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;51551 said:
Thanks coach... I feel like I am a better person now that you've told me more about football.

I am not comparing injured receivers to injured offensive linemen, I am saying that good team over come "adversity".

Since you are such a football genius please tell me what has happened to this defense that was legit for the first 5 or so games.

Why are they playing like complete and utter shit?

Please do tell me!!!
Well seeing that they are on the field the whole game and the offense continuously goes 3 and out that is a big part of it. Their pass d has been horrible all year, and Eli is just taking advantage of it.

Reaction score
It's not just that they are losing, it's the fashion they are losing in.

Guess I won't be having crow for dinner tonight.

LOOK AT THIS DEFENSE... confidence is bigger than anything in this game. Look at what is happening, its almost amusing. I let our a nice depressed laugh during that Manning to Boss touchdown.

Pete has his hands full after this one.

Reaction score
Just heard one of the announcers say "he's just playing with confidence" about Eli Manning. He's playing here at Qwest btw. Where you at 12th man??

The team has lost confidence, because our offense doesn't exist.

Reaction score
Biggest come back ever... here we go.

HAHAHA largest lead since November 1959. I love being part of history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom