• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day Dallas

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Unger out , Zach Miller out and now breaking news that Okung has had a torn labrum since Denver , pretty big factors in looking like Swiss cheese , I also wonder about Wilsons health , he really didn't try and run all that much .

Then on D, key injuries as well and guys playing hurt , it's going to test everyone on the team , from the front office bringing guys in , to coaches getting them ready and the players stepping up and playing . The leaders on this team have to take charge and play like were world champs , a wounded animal is a dangerous thing.

Personnel-wise, yes they are definitely compromised and far from optimized. That's another aspect that points to the Seahawks turning this thing around. Heck, they are still 3-2 and still beat Denver, the only team thus far who has. All they gotta do is hold down the fort. And the LoB is in a gutted state. Gutted past the depth chart too with Lane and Tharold Simon out as well as Maxwell while Kam's injury has left him largely ineffective. Wagner showed during the 2nd quarter yesterday how critical he is in stopping the run while Dallas pretty much gashed them while Wagner sat.

All fixable problems. As for Okung, if it's a torn labrum, that probably means the end of the season for him. Are you sure that's what it is? If so, that's worse news than the loss yesterday. Already going without Unger, they can't do it with both of them out.

Pete touched on that earlier. Now it's time for everyone to have each other's back more than ever. This team has shown they can handle being the toast of the NFL. Now we get to see how they handle going through the meatgrinder.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Unger out , Zach Miller out and now breaking news that Okung has had a torn labrum since Denver , pretty big factors in looking like Swiss cheese , I also wonder about Wilsons health , he really didn't try and run all that much .

Then on D, key injuries as well and guys playing hurt , it's going to test everyone on the team , from the front office bringing guys in , to coaches getting them ready and the players stepping up and playing . The leaders on this team have to take charge and play like were world champs , a wounded animal is a dangerous thing.

Or luck runs out. Teams game for you. Injuries mount, in particular to key players. It's no secret why its so difficult to repeat as NFL champions yet there are those who believe it is different this time.:rolleyes:

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Big deal play the cowboys 10 times and show us the stats ? One game has no bearing over another

Giants were world beaters last week and what happened to them ?

Spud those stats weren't close. Rams thoroughly outplayed da boyz and the officiating gave them the win. No such excuses for the Seahawks against da boyz. Now imagine Wilson not being able to play. Reality bites.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
How much of those stats you're talking about did the Rams put up against them YESTERDAY? Dallas played like a Super Bowl contender yesterday. They are for real. The Rams are a 1-4 team. The Lambies aren't even in the same league as Dallas. Yes, YESTERDAY the Rams would have gotten blown out of the stadium. I don't care what they did against Dallas 3 weeks or 3 years ago.

You're a riot! You claim da boyz all of a sudden have become great?:roflmao: Guess what? Rams damn near beat the Eagles in Philly from 27 points down in the 4th quarter. Oops……...:laugh:

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Personnel-wise, yes they are definitely compromised and far from optimized. That's another aspect that points to the Seahawks turning this thing around. Heck, they are still 3-2 and still beat Denver, the only team thus far who has. All they gotta do is hold down the fort. And the LoB is in a gutted state. Gutted past the depth chart too with Lane and Tharold Simon out as well as Maxwell while Kam's injury has left him largely ineffective. Wagner showed during the 2nd quarter yesterday how critical he is in stopping the run while Dallas pretty much gashed them while Wagner sat.

All fixable problems. As for Okung, if it's a torn labrum, that probably means the end of the season for him. Are you sure that's what it is? If so, that's worse news than the loss yesterday. Already going without Unger, they can't do it with both of them out.

Pete touched on that earlier. Now it's time for everyone to have each other's back more than ever. This team has shown they can handle being the toast of the NFL. Now we get to see how they handle going through the meatgrinder.

Absolutely no one other than a Seahawks fan could claim Sherman has handled success well……..unless being a pompous arrogant a-hole is handling it well. How can the LoB be "gutted" with all the instant up to speed players Petey just plugs in at will? Oops……what players? Dude face it reality is biting on the calf of the Seahawks now. If Okung is out then watch the clinic the Rams D line will give 6 days from now, without Long assuming no further injuries tonight.:tup:

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
You're a riot! You claim da boyz all of a sudden have become great?:roflmao: :laugh:

Well let's see: top rushing team in the league, arguably the best offensive line in the league, premium playmakers at most skill positions: Murray, Bryant, Terrance Williams and Witten. The only reason why Witten hasn't factored into the passing game is because he's arguably the top blocking TE in the league. And their defense has got a lot of new blood. That's where they are getting better each game they play. As long as Romo isn't getting in his own way they will continue to rack up points and tax opposing defenses to the limit.

Last edited:

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Well let's see: top rushing team in the league, arguably the best offensive line in the league, premium playmakers at most skill positions: Murray, Bryant, Terrance Williams and Witten. The only reason why Witten hasn't factored into the passing game is because he's arguably the top blocking TE in the league. And their defense has got a lot of new blood. That's where they are getting better each game they play. As long as Romo isn't getting in his own way they will continue to rack up points and tax opposing defenses to the limit.

OK all I know is the Rams thoroughly outplayed them and got screwed repeatedly by the officiating to kill Rams drives and repeatedly extend Dallas drives. The mantra of late that the Rams only have one sack so far is total BS since sacks have been denied at least 3 times due to PHANTOM penalties called. The most egregious was when the Rams defender sacked Romo to end the scoring drive. Week after week phantom penalties gets real old.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
All f. As for Okung, if it's a torn labrum, that probably means the end of the season for him. Are you sure that's what it is? If so, that's worse news than the loss yesterday. Already going without Unger, they can't do it with both of them out.

Reports are he's trying to play through it , based on his Penalties I'd say he's struggling a bit. And with the news now out for everyone to see , you bet your ass they'll be coming his way . Dirty teams like the Rams will take cheap shots for sure, I guess we'll see what happens with him.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
The LOB has no reputation , other than being good , how can Sherman cheap shot someone when they don't throw his way lol , Earls Dirty ? Chancellor ......please

* In Tennessee, Jeff Fisher's teams had the reputation for playing, um, edgy football. "They played through the whistle — and then some," said our town's Dan Dierfdorf, the CBS analyst who worked many Titans' games.

We would never call it cheap-shot football, of course. That wouldn't be polite. Now, we may have accused the Titans of foul play in the past, but now that Fisher is the Rams' head coach, I'm sure we'll come up with other ways to describe Coach's approach. I'm thinking "ferocious" would fit. That sounds better than "borderline criminal violence." (Kidding, kidding.)

And let's not forget that debacle in Seattle where the game plan was to try and bully the bully . cheap shots , ejections and like 40 penelities .....cheap shots or mental weakness ...whatever you want to call it when you opt to hurt people because you can't beat them , it's dirty .

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
The LoB rep throughout the league is one of dirty play. I'll bet my Rams can beat your Seahawks. And I mean beat, assault, injure and no amount of mama Sherman's soup can help!:p Let's be clear I said beat not win.:laugh:

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
OK all I know is the Rams thoroughly outplayed them and got screwed repeatedly by the officiating to kill Rams drives and repeatedly extend Dallas drives. The mantra of late that the Rams only have one sack so far is total BS since sacks have been denied at least 3 times due to PHANTOM penalties called. The most egregious was when the Rams defender sacked Romo to end the scoring drive. Week after week phantom penalties gets real old.

You want to talk about making excuses? Excuses are all about living in the problem and justifying problems and misdirecting blame, rather than looking for a solution. Blaming officiating (which is what fans of the losing side have done since dinosaurs walked the earth) is the textbook definition of making an excuse. Making excuses has a bad history when it comes to actually getting things done.
I didn't see the Rams/Cowboys game but I can guarantee you right off the top that the officiating didn't beat them, just like it really didn't beat the Seahawks in the '05 Super Bowl neither. The 'Hawks got the short end of it, which that one official admitted later but Aikman once said, "if you don't want officiating to beat you, then win by 10." What beat the Seahawks were the dropped passes, failure to really get Alexander going, overall subpar play and 3 damaging plays by Pittsburgh that resulted in touchdowns. The officials really had nothing to do with that.

Fans can blame officials all they want. Fans will be fans. But if your team does the same when they lose, nothing will get solved and they will just keep on losing.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
You want to talk about making excuses? Excuses are all about living in the problem and justifying problems and misdirecting blame, rather than looking for a solution. Blaming officiating (which is what fans of the losing side have done since dinosaurs walked the earth) is the textbook definition of making an excuse. Making excuses has a bad history when it comes to actually getting things done.
I didn't see the Rams/Cowboys game but I can guarantee you right off the top that the officiating didn't beat them, just like it really didn't beat the Seahawks in the '05 Super Bowl neither. The 'Hawks got the short end of it, which that one official admitted later but Aikman once said, "if you don't want officiating to beat you, then win by 10." What beat the Seahawks were the dropped passes, failure to really get Alexander going, overall subpar play and 3 damaging plays by Pittsburgh that resulted in touchdowns. The officials really had nothing to do with that.

Fans can blame officials all they want. Fans will be fans. But if your team does the same when they lose, nothing will get solved and they will just keep on losing.

You should watch the Rams/Dallas game. So should have Petey! I gave you the stats. The Rams dominated in everything, unfortunately that includes the whoppingly one-sided penalties. The same penalties are not equal. It depends upon the situation. I said drive ending and drive extending penalties. ONE-SIDED. Look at the stats! I also said PHANTOM penalties, pulled purely out of the officials ASS! THIS IS EVERY RAMS GAME NOW. Always at crucial times where the Rams are going up by 20 points or the defense makes the go ahead drive ending big stop.

Rams have had 52 and 53 sacks the last two seasons. Last season Quinn accounted for 19 sacks alone. He was a force besides sacks on the defense. Yet this season 5 games passed and he has no sacks? He's not injured either. Sure the league is accounting for him by double teams….but they did that last season too. They are getting the ball out quicker…..teams were doing that too last season. Chris Long's injury is definitely a factor too. However the real reason Quinn has no sacks is he's being HELD constantly. Yet the officials won't call it.

Aikman is a putz. As a Dallas QB who is he to talk about overcoming bad officiating?

Top Bottom