• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day Dallas

Idahawk

Reaction score
Seahawks face the number one run offense at home in the 4-1 Dallas Cowboys . There's a chance Chancellor won't play and that worries me a bit , but at the end of the day , I don't think Romo has the stones to beat Seattle in Seattle . I think like most recent games the Boys will get a big play or two in the passing game , but that D will have no chance against Wilson and Lynch

37-17 hawks

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Maxwell down, Wagner injured, Dallas moving the ball and controlling the clock. Wilson's not finding any receivers. Not liking how it's going at the moment.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm going to go ahead and say it, we're overrated. Our receivers are truly mediocre and our offense is way too predictable. I wish coaches would seriously consider including P. Rich in the fold.

Harvin is completely accounted for in every game thus far and hasn't done much for us.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Oh and on that note, Aikman should take his mic and shove it up his ass. Why the f*** would they have him broadcast this game?

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm going to go ahead and say it, we're overrated. Our receivers are truly mediocre and our offense is way too predictable. I wish coaches would seriously consider including P. Rich in the fold.

Harvin is completely accounted for in every game thus far and hasn't done much for us.

Yes the Seahawks are overrated if Austin Davis can move the Rams downfield at will against da boyz. I'm shocked at how pathetic the Seahawks were against da boyz. Bloom off the rose?:whistling:

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score

They need to think of another way to utilize him. The drag sweep is broke. The snap/screen is broke. Too much backfield penetration by the defense. Harvin's skills are being wasted because they can't get him the ball in open space.
Bad blocking is wrecking all of that along with the playcalling. I don't know how utilizing Paul Richardson at this point will help. What would he be able to do that Harvin can't?

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Not understanding the " new " offense at all , then when I think we're going to abandon that triple option crap and run lynch , we don't .....we looked lost on both sides of the ball .......the blue print to beat us in in full effect , time to get back to smash mouth football and get rid if this fancy un effective waste of time offense

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
the blue print to beat us in in full effect

I tried to make that clear numerous times to a few certain posters here (not you) as a primary reason repeating as champions is so difficult these days. Every team on the Seahawks schedule is gaming them, much more so than other teams on their schedule. Knocking the champions off is instant credibility. Seahawks offense has to improve or they may not make the playoffs.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Your not telling anyone anything that they don't already know.

First note is we were off badly , not excuses for that , but it happens

Second note is

I think Seattle is trying to hard to be different and players aren't comfortable with it yet . Same situation with the 48ers , they tried to be cute and become a passing team and it didn't work then they went back to smash mouth football . The hawks need to go back to their bread and butter period , let the offense run through lynch and work the play action off that . Bevels play calling ...well I won't go there.

And yes Dallas is the talk of the town , for now ....we know that ends

Tough road for the Rams , short week and two physical teams back to back , not a win or die game for the Hawks but I'll be interested to see their response on Sunday .

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Your not telling anyone anything that they don't already know.

Right. It's not a matter of other teams being more effective against the Seahawks. The Seahawks themselves aren't playing at the same level they were last year. The resident troll on here's also been saying stuff like the Rams would have beaten the Chargers in San Diego in Week 2 because they beat Tampa 19-17 that day. Anyone who says something like that can't be taken seriously.
To Lambie: you were the one who was predicting a Seahawk blowout yesterday, not me. You also mentioned a big part of that "new" strategy the league has on the Seahawks will involve immobilizing Wilson. How's that working out?

Every team goes through this crap. They sustain an uncharacteristic loss at home against Dallas and all of a sudden it's the end of the world. Fans will be fans I guess. Remember how discombobulated the Niners were at the start of last season? Remember also how they were at the end? Or what about the Patriots? EVERYONE was writing them off just a couple weeks ago including a good number of Patriot fans. Now all of a sudden they've been playing like a Super Bowl contender the last couple weeks.

Dallas was worse in week 1 than the Seahawks were yesterday. Was everyone writing off Dallas as the joke team they looked like in Week 1? Yes, but it's different now. Why won't it be different with this team 5 weeks from now, or sooner? Calling them "overrated", I can expect that from Hawk haters, who have been calling them that from Day One. But Hawk fans who call them that are basically bailing on them IMO.
What they have to do is refocus and rediscover what it takes to win at a high level in this league. Dallas yesterday beat the Seahawks by playing a very Seahawk-like game. Sometimes when you've been winning for a while like the Seahawks have, it's hard to stay dialed in on what it took to get them there in the first place.

Every good team is allowed to fall on their ass a few times a season. But now that it's happened with the Hawks as of late, all of a sudden it's all over for them? No.

Last edited:

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Right. It's not a matter of other teams being more effective against the Seahawks. The Seahawks themselves aren't playing at the same level they were last year. The resident troll on here's also been saying stuff like the Rams would have beaten the Chargers in San Diego in Week 2 because they beat Tampa 19-17 that day. Anyone who says something like that can't be taken seriously.
To Lambie: you were the one who was predicting a Seahawk blowout yesterday, not me. You also mentioned a big part of that "new" strategy the league has on the Seahawks will involve immobilizing Wilson. How's that working out?

Every team goes through this crap. They sustain an uncharacteristic loss at home against Dallas and all of a sudden it's the end of the world. Fans will be fans I guess. Remember how discombobulated the Niners were at the start of last season? Remember also how they were at the end? Or what about the Patriots? EVERYONE was writing them off just a couple weeks ago including a good number of Patriot fans. Now all of a sudden they've been playing like a Super Bowl contender the last couple weeks.

Dallas was worse in week 1 than the Seahawks were yesterday. Was everyone writing off Dallas as the joke team they looked like in Week 1? Yes, but it's different now. Why won't it be different with this team 5 weeks from now, or sooner? Calling them "overrated", I can expect that from Hawk haters, who have been calling them that from Day One. But Hawk fans who call them that are basically bailing on them IMO.
What they have to do is refocus and rediscover what it takes to win at a high level in this league. Dallas yesterday beat the Seahawks by playing a very Seahawk-like game. Sometimes when you've been winning for a while like the Seahawks have, it's hard to stay dialed in on what it took to get them there in the first place.

Every good team is allowed to fall on their ass a few times a season. But now that it's happened with the Hawks as of late, all of a sudden it's all over for them? No.

Wow what a bunch of excuses! I KNOW the Rams DOMINATED da boyz and lost with the outrageously one-sided officiating. I know the ROOKIE QB Davis threw for at least 2 times the yards Wilson did against da boyz. I know the Rams as a team, the dysfunctional bunch they are all too often thoroughly outplayed da boyz compared to the Seahawks!

You bet I thought the Seahawks would easily handle da boyz because I saw how easily the Rams moved the ball against them. I also thought that even with the always da boyz friendly officiating the Seahawks still had more than enough to put it to da boyz. Yet what I was able to watch from the end of the 1st half surprised me. Da boyz made the Seahawks offense look pathetic. And that offense has been evolving in response to what other teams have been throwing at the Seahawks. You now claim you know more than the coaching staff?:roflmao:

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
They need to think of another way to utilize him. The drag sweep is broke. The snap/screen is broke. Too much backfield penetration by the defense. Harvin's skills are being wasted because they can't get him the ball in open space.
Bad blocking is wrecking all of that along with the playcalling. I don't know how utilizing Paul Richardson at this point will help. What would he be able to do that Harvin can't?

It's not that there is anything Rich can do that Harvin can't but why not try putting both of them on the field at the same time?

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Bandwagon, explain these stats against da boyz!

Team Stats
DAL STL
First downs 19 26
Rush-yards-TDs 29-123-1 30-121-0
Comp-Att-Yd-TD-INT 18-23-217-2-1 30-42-327-3-2
Sacked-yards 0-0 0-0
Net pass yards 217 327
Total yards 340 448
Fumbles-lost 1-1 1-1
Turnovers 2 3
Penalties-yards 3-15 8-119

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
"da boyz" are an evolving team that's on the rise. The Rams would have gotten the doors blown off them had they played them yesterday. Just like they would have against the Chargers in Week 2. Everything's circumstantial, cyclical, and nothing stays exactly the same week in and week out.
Where I find flaws in your logic is saying that teams are doing all this new stuff against the Seahawks that nobody knew about last year. One example of that is in saying that teams will keep Wilson in the pocket. They will change their strategy and keep him bottled in and make him be a pocket QB. In reality teams have been trying to do that since Wilson came into the league. You of all people should know because the Rams tried that in Week 17 in '12 and largely succeeded. Mostly it's a case of easier said than done. And the reasoning behind that strategy isn't to make Wilson a pocket QB because he does just fine throwing from the pocket. The purpose is mainly to keep him from gashing you rushing the football like he did against the Redskins and keeping him from buying time when his receivers are struggling to get open.

And once again, you don't seem to have a grasp of the proper definition of "excuses". I gave ZERO excuses for why the Seahawks lost yesterday. I gave facts. You think that was the best game the Seahawks can play?
They know what the deal is. Football's all about adapting and counter-adapting. Every team is subject to the cycle. They have some issues to address. You say they can't address them. I say they can and they will. SF did it last year. As poorly as they've been playing, even yesterday, the game was theirs to win. They had Dallas dead to rights before Dallas converted on 3rd and 20. Hats off to Romo for making an elite QB play on it.

In a lot of ways this team will be better off having lost that game. If they had won, it wouldn't have the effect of getting things back on track again. When this team is healthy and they are hitting hard, playing fast with energy they are still the best team in football. We'll see if they can adapt and get it back or not.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Sorry couldn't read past your stupid second sentence. Look at the stats the Rams put up against da boyz. You have no credibility.:roflmao:

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Unger out , Zach Miller out and now breaking news that Okung has had a torn labrum since Denver , pretty big factors in looking like Swiss cheese , I also wonder about Wilsons health , he really didn't try and run all that much .

Then on D, key injuries as well and guys playing hurt , it's going to test everyone on the team , from the front office bringing guys in , to coaches getting them ready and the players stepping up and playing . The leaders on this team have to take charge and play like were world champs , a wounded animal is a dangerous thing.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Sorry couldn't read past your stupid second sentence. Look at the stats the Rams put up against da boyz. You have no credibility.:roflmao:
Big deal play the cowboys 10 times and show us the stats ? One game has no bearing over another

Giants were world beaters last week and what happened to them ?

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
How much of those stats you're talking about did the Rams put up against them YESTERDAY? Dallas played like a Super Bowl contender yesterday. They are for real. The Rams are a 1-4 team. The Lambies aren't even in the same league as Dallas. Yes, YESTERDAY the Rams would have gotten blown out of the stadium. I don't care what they did against Dallas 3 weeks or 3 years ago.

Last edited:
Top Bottom