• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Flynn or Wilson ?

The Seahawks starting QB is ?

• Matt Flynn

Votes: 23 88.5%
  • Russell Wilson

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Tavaris jackson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
What the hell, we are a young team. I guess having only 2 starts from our entire QB squad shouldn't phase me but for some reason it does. Remember, this is only the preseason most teams number 1 goal is don't get hurt if you are a starter. That means a lot of players are not playing at regular season levels.

The wheels could fall of this season real quick and we could find ourselves looking for a QB. It might be just me but keeping a veteran in the pocket doesn't seem like that bad of an idea.

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
I do agree with the veteran part.. I think PC is thinking Flynn is a vet due to the fact he sat behind rodgers for 3 years???

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Takes me back to 2001 when Hass came I remember being really torn about him that season. Hopes were high heading into the season. Hass went 5-7, Dilfer (coming off a SB win with the Ravens) replaced him for 4 games and won them all. 2 were the last games of the season and we almost made the playoffs.

I've always wondered what that season could have been if Dilfer would have been the starter. But I guess that sacrificed season really paid off in the long run.

It's ironic that in 2002 Dilfer was the starter but got hurt in the preseason and again during the regular season ending his year. That gave Hass time to develop and make up for his bad performance in 2001. Hass was the unchallenged starter in 2003.

I guess that may explain why I think things could be a little rough this season.

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
understandable, I remember that year as well, and like you said things did pay off in the end, only QB to take us to the super bowl. I also looked at this season as well as last season as a re-build year. But TJ's slow able to get better make me happy to have two great looking QB's to fight for the starter spot...

Top Bottom