• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Favre getting closer.

Reaction score
Pennington has had up and down seasons with a good first season and a lot of injuries. He was even the AP Comeback Player of the Year in 2006.

So, I guess we will never know what could have happened if Pennington was the QB last season. He could have done better, but he also could have done worse. Either way, the Dolphins came out good with Favre going to the Jets. :D

OP
Striker

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
I personally like Pennington. I like the short arm style in football for moving the chains, however his durability has always been an issue. Their is no doubt that he can play and he also had the loyalty and respect of his teammates. Coles was near riot when he was cut for Favre, and he made it well known he was against both Chad leaving and Favre coming.

His stance softened as the year progressed, but he cut loose as soon as he could. The Jets will continue to improve but for a different reason than before. They are going D and the shift so far looks outstanding for a single offseason. Rex Ryan is one of the great Defensive minds in the NFL and if it transfers well to Head Coach then I expect great things a few years down the road for him.

Yes, you could make a good argument that it all cost them, but the good news is tickets are selling, fans had something to cheer for last season, and now with the renovation of the team they have something to cheer for once again. There are plenty of worse off teams and they start with Oakland. Personally I think the Jets came out well from all of this. Another failing season may have cause talk of rebuild, but instead they have plans for the playoffs.

They need to pass on paying Thomas Jones, he is an average back who has hit the deadly 30. You do not pay him even if he runs an 1800 yard season with record breaking TD's...sound familiar. Thomas was never half the back Alexander was and I cannot stand Alexander. I say get what you can for Jones and use that to get another back. A very young legged heading on 30 year old RB is Chester Taylor who would love a chance at a starting job. Plenty of tread left on his tires and the kid can play. He would be a good solution as they try to bring in and groom their back for the future 3 years down the line.

Back to Favre topic, as out there as it sounds the W's show that Favre posts winning records no matter who is on his team no matter how old he is and no matter who the coach is. He has had some brilliant coaches and some very bad ones, but the guy can still play at a winning level. Why shove him out?

Seriously give me an answer to that. Why push him out? What do we gain? Why is it so important and why is their so much hatred for the guy? Is there a reason other than "He annoys me because he is in the news and likes it."? Because I do not see one.

Either way if Favre pulls the trigger and says he is ready to go the Vikes will jump all over it. He will play the Packers only twice, because the Packers will not make it to the playoffs. He will beat them in their own house, and that there will be the end of their season, moral will be shot, Mike and Ted will be fired, and Greenbay will head in a new direction. The only thing that stays the same is Aaron Rodgers is going to be the future QB of the GreenBay Packers. The kid can play.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Why shove him out? Because he is the PAST. Not the future. You dumped a ton of money into a first round pick that you though was the future of your franchise. But Favre keeps hanging around. Year after year, he bitches like a little girl about whether to retire. Meanwhile, your future investment is being wasted.

Why is this so hard to comprehend?

I think, Stryker, you should send us your picture so we can replace Madden's face in our favorite photo:

madden-favre2.jpg

OP
Striker

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
I do not have trouble comprehending Favre being wanted out of Greenbay. I know they wanted to move on with Rodgers it was just handled very badly on all ends.

My question was to all the fans who are wanting him out of the entire league. He entertains us, he can contribute to bringing a ring to a team, and can still play at a high level. So what if he will be around year to year bases, then make his contract state as much. However you cannot make me believe there are 32 starting QB's in the league that Favre cannot replace.

At least the photo comment gave my wife a god laugh, she is teasing me about it now since she follows my blogings. Preciate it.

Reaction score
Striker said:
I do not have trouble comprehending Favre being wanted out of Greenbay. I know they wanted to move on with Rodgers it was just handled very badly on all ends.

My question was to all the fans who are wanting him out of the entire league. He entertains us, he can contribute to bringing a ring to a team, and can still play at a high level. So what if he will be around year to year bases, then make his contract state as much. However you cannot make me believe there are 32 starting QB's in the league that Favre cannot replace.

At least the photo comment gave my wife a god laugh, she is teasing me about it now since she follows my blogings. Preciate it.

He would entertain us if he broke his hip....

Reaction score
I actually hope Favre comes back so we can see him get broken in half by Urlacher. :)

Or maybe Aaron Maybin gets his first sack in the NFL in Week 1 on Favre and causes a career ending injury. Then John Madden runs out onto the field, runs over to Favre, drops on his knees and begins to cry.

OP
Striker

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
All these wishes for broken Favre, cold blooded.

The only player in the NFL today I would not mind see being hurt is Jamarcus Russell. Nothing major, just something big enough that he can leave with his what dignity he has in tact. He has no future in this league anyways.

There was a player I wished injury on once and it happened and I kinda felt bad but felt it was justice.

Marques Tuiasosopo, when he replaced an injured Rich Gannon and came back for the win. He then made a smug remark about how he finally got his chance and that everyone should watch him and they may learn something. I felt the way he said it then was a shot at Gannon and wished him hurt. The next game he went out after a terrible start due to injury.

So wishing for injuries works sometimes, so be careful. Save it for when the Seahawks need us to combine our injury wishes against the Super Bowl Patriots.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Hahaha. Hi Striker's wife.

I want him gone solely for this reason: I am tired of talking about him and hearing about him all the time.

Stantino

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe said:
I'm tired of hearing about Brett Favre (Favre = Farve? ...wtf?).

He had a decent career that now has been ruined with what happened last off-season. This guy is having a mid-life crisis and needs to stay away from the NFL and do some more Levi commercials...

hahahah Levi commercials! i remember that! yeah he needs to give it up, get on with his life. Too bad we will see him on one of the channels on pre or post game stores!

Reaction score
Stantino said:
phaZe said:

He had a decent career that now has been ruined with what happened last off-season. This guy is having a mid-life crisis and needs to stay away from the NFL and do some more Levi commercials...

hahahah Levi commercials! i remember that! yeah he needs to give it up, get on with his life. Too bad we will see him on one of the channels on pre or post game stores!

They were wrangler commercials :roll: lol

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Stantino said:
phaZe said:

They were wrangler commercials :roll: lol
Close enough. :D

Me wishing that a multi-millionaire gets injured and can't play football anymore is bad? :?

Stantino

Huddler
Reaction score
HAhaha ahhhh man, imagine he comes back, then injury week 4, then he retires again! no wait, again, again, again? how many was that?

Reaction score
Stantino said:
HAhaha ahhhh man, imagine he comes back, then injury week 4, then he retires again! no wait, again, again, again? how many was that?

lol he probably would retire too just to keep the streak alive.

Stantino

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Stantino said:

lol he probably would retire too just to keep the streak alive.
Priceless! i tell you! hahahah

I'm still laughing about that, i guess he wants to own all records! who has come out of retirement more times? George Foreman, Michael Jordan, Bret Favre? hahah Brett wins!

OP
Striker

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
This years fantasy football pick #1 overall.

I can always hope yal pass on him. :lol:

Stantino

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe said:
bobflipaburger said:
No way, I'm taking Michael Vick with my first pick.
I like my chances with Shaun Alexander. :D
yeah man, poor guy cant find a new job! How did the Broncos pick up 5,6 backs last year but not go with Shaun! weird eh!

Top Bottom