• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Down the Stretch The QB's we may face

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
Harbaugh talking about switching back and forth at QB and playing it like he's smarter then everyone else ? Please when Colon Gapbetweentheears fails , Smith should tank every game and get out of there ! It won't take much for SF fans to hate harbaughs act as much as the rest of the nfl does !

Wow.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Now what do you do? Like I said, Kap, wins now you have a QB controversy. We had that problem too, it is not that bad of a problem to have.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
Now what do you do? Like I said, Kap, wins now you have a QB controversy. We had that problem too, it is not that bad of a problem to have.

It's a great problem to have. I see Kaep finishing the season. If he struggled, JH might pull him, but I don't see him struggling.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
So you dont anticipate any fan or locker room friction due to benching Alex Smith?
That is what I would be conserned about if it were my team.​

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
So you dont anticipate any fan or locker room friction due to benching Alex Smith?
That is what I would be conserned about if it were my team.​

Fan tension? There has been and continues to be a huge QB controversy. Locker room? No. Alex Smith is a class act. And I think the players feel bad for him, but at the same time, they realize that Kaep is the superior QB.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score

It's a problem when Smith has done nothing wrong? SF brass wants to know if Kap can play so they can dump Smith and his contract ( money grab). I know that's part of the game but that doesn't sit well in the locker room ! I can see it if your losing but when you have the record that Smith has had the last 2 seasons and you get benched ? Vernon Davis has already flip flopped on his " Kap is the man " comments and stated that he's sure " Smith will be the guy " Good luck with a good QB controversy, there's no such thing just ask Joe Montana !

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
It's a problem when Smith has done nothing wrong? SF brass wants to know if Kap can play so they can dump Smith and his contract ( money grab). I know that's part of the game but that doesn't sit well in the locker room ! I can see it if your losing but when you have the record that Smith has had the last 2 seasons and you get benched ? Vernon Davis has already flip flopped on his " Kap is the man " comments and stated that he's sure " Smith will be the guy " Good luck with a good QB controversy, there's no such thing just ask Joe Montana !

I don't see Alex getting "dumped." However, he will want to start somewhere next season. He will probably ask to be traded, and his request will probably be granted. He would be a great number 2, but that would hardly be fair to him if he can start on another team.

You're correct that he's done nothing to lose his job. But JH is going to start the player who gives the team the best chance to win. That is Kaep.

Reaction score
Funny how Smith and Flynn were both free agents that signed decent sized deals to be starters this past offseason, and now they might both get moved after this season is over.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Smith will get dumped he's a huge cap hit 30 mil over the next 3 seasons as opposed to CK's 4 mil ? I'm sure their thinking the have way to many players they need to try and keep , the downside of having all these high draft picks is that you can't keep them.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
Smith will get dumped he's a huge cap hit 30 mil over the next 3 seasons as opposed to CK's 4 mil ? I'm sure their thinking the have way to many players they need to try and keep , the downside of having all these high draft picks is that you can't keep them.

The 30 million includes the current season, and is not all guarenteed. I think 8 million per season is guarenteed. Could be wrong about that.

Edit: Second year (2013) he has 1 million guarenteed, out of a 7.5 million base salary. (I assume that as a second stringer, the incentives would be moot, but not sure about that either).

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
The 30 million includes the current season, and is not all guarenteed. I think 8 million per season is guarenteed. Could be wrong about that.

Edit: Second year (2013) he has 1 million guarenteed, out of a 7.5 million base salary. (I assume that as a second stringer, the incentives would be moot, but not sure about that either).

And this is why he will be 'dumped' noone will take his contract on, not for a bu exspecially as you say, and therefore SF FO will cut his ass and take the hit.

If you dont think this will create some waves, I think your mistaken.
I'll just be sitting back in my LZ - boy eating my popcorn to coin a ex - 49er ;)

But in end the QB will be upgraded, I think....?????
Colin has had quite a nice pocket to work in as of late.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
And this is why he will be 'dumped' noone will take his contract on, not for a bu exspecially as you say, and therefore SF FO will cut his ass and take the hit.

If you dont think this will create some waves, I think your mistaken.
I'll just be sitting back in my LZ - boy eating my popcorn to coin a ex - 49er ;)

But in end the QB will be upgraded, I think....?????
Colin has had quite a nice pocket to work in as of late.

I think someone would pick him up as a starter. If not, the Niners would re-work his contract for him to stay as a backup, if he was willing. Since his alternative would be to retire and/or go into coaching, he might agree.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Smith is a well liked player and a class act , he's got to have some of that locker room and the longer this plays out the worse it will get , I hope .

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
Smith is a well liked player and a class act , he's got to have some of that locker room and the longer this plays out the worse it will get , I hope .

Well, here's the thing. Ken Norton was, if I recall acurately, the last member of the 94 season SB team. Everyone on the team right now would like a ring, so....................

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Your coach is claiming that " Smith is our starter " and " Kapernick is no longer a backup " in the same press conference LOL ? WTF does that mean ? The team was right there last year and is well on the way this year and Harbaugh brings this shit down on the team ? He's a crazy person and a laughing stock for this circus he has opted to put on for the rest of us to enjoy. Singletary looks sane at this point LOL

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
Your coach is claiming that " Smith is our starter " and " Kapernick is no longer a backup " in the same press conference LOL ? WTF does that mean ? The team was right there last year and is well on the way this year and Harbaugh brings this shit down on the team ? He's a crazy person and a laughing stock for this circus he has opted to put on for the rest of us to enjoy. Singletary looks sane at this point LOL

If you actually believe that, sorry, but you are clueless about the Niners. I realize you would rather face Alex Smith than CK, and would rather have the same for every other team we play, because it would make the Niners less competative in the division. JH is a winner. He has said over and over that all positions are up for grabs based upon performance.

He also doesn't give a shit what the press thinks, likes to hide his cards, and gives them very little. Which is why he makes statements like that. "Laughing stock"? Yeah, laughing all the way to the Niners 6th Lombardi Trophy.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Didn't Smith win NFC offensive player of the week and then get benched LOL, ya that's a winner move Harbaugh.

#ifitsnotbrokedontfixit

Top Bottom