• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

did mora show lack of leadership?

OP
squirreljack

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
Mora did retract his statements about Mare and admitted he was wrong for saying what he said, btw.

AND Mare still has his job as our kicker next game.

the article stated that the average NFL kicker would make 4.89 out of the 6 FG kicks (from that range), so Mare made 4. just below average THIS GAME. 5 would have been just above average.

Reaction score
I didn't lose respect for him. He was very emotional about the loss (like most people) and let the comment about Mare slip out. It happens.

S

Seattlehawk94

He threw Mare under the bus....How about throwing Apple Sauce under the bus for NOT GETTING US INTO THE ENDZONE ON THOSE DRIVES!

Anytime you ATTEMPT that many FGs it means your offense is stalling when it matters most.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
As long as we are throwing people under the bus, what about Housh? What about Carlson? What about all the other receivers that dropped catchable passes?

Reaction score
still, mare has one fuckin job kick the god damn ball through the fuckin upright...you know what he does all day stretch, kick, this hash that hash, rest condition stretch, kick, this hash that hash...Its true team effort, but you rely on a guy like your kicker when your star guys are down and out and the backups get you in range...bottom line the ball didnt get punched in he has to make them...mora was right, maybe not right to tell the world, but come on we were all thinking it when he missed those and momentum went right back into the hands of the bears...

OP
squirreljack

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
again, statistically speaking, the average NFL kicker makes 4.89 out of 6 from that range.

he missed one more than he should have.

Reaction score
squirreljack said:
again, statistically speaking, the average NFL kicker makes 4.89 out of 6 from that range.

he missed one more than he should have.
If you want to fill your team filled with "average" players, then that's fine, but the Seahawks want above average starters and Mare didn't do that.

S

Seattlehawk94

Seattlehawk94 said:
He threw Mare under the bus....How about throwing Apple Sauce under the bus for NOT GETTING US INTO THE ENDZONE ON THOSE DRIVES!

Anytime you ATTEMPT that many FGs it means your offense is stalling when it matters most.

Again...I'll post this to REPEAT..

THEY DIDN'T COMPLETE DRIVES....WHEN YOU TRY 6 FGS IN A GAME IT MEANS THE OFFENSE CAN'T CLOSE THE FUCKING DEAL...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Jim Mora isnt afraid to call anyone out, and the players seem to accept this.

He wasnt sorry for what said but he did make a point to say that he was emotional and that orlindo mare is a fine kicker.
I think he showed confidence by standing by his statement, these are big boys that get paid bucks, their ASS IS ACCOUNTABLE and every game their ass is ONE THE LINE, period, end of discussion, no wind, cant happen, unacceptable.

And just because he didnt call out all the other issues in the game doesnt mean the coaching staff didnt see it. Fans, media, us, get so hung up on what is said in the those press conferneces. Theres alot more going on that what we hear.

BearsFan

Huddler
Reaction score
He definitely showed a lack of leadership. I understand being disappointed at losing a game they should have won, but what he did was really sad, considering all of the breakdowns in execution and how many different players (and coaches) failed the Seahawks. And at least one blogger in Chicago agrees with me:

http://mrsportsknowitall.com/

That the Seahawks were able to stay in the game despite all the injuries was impressive, but if Mora keeps doing stuff like this, his team's not going to play that hard for very long.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Who gives a shit what some blogger in Chi thinks, think for yourselves!

If players or people in general cant handle the truth or critisism then they are doomed from the start.

We need winners.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
We didn't merely "stay in the game." What was impressive was that we completely outplayed Chicago and still found a way to HAND you the game.

RhewChuryll

Huddler
Reaction score
Hey...wow...a FOOTBALL coach got emotional. GOD forbid.

He said a lot nicer things than most of us said DURING and after the game.

Oh..and one more thing...where did you get Apple Sauce 94? Just wondering :cool:

mx510

Huddler
Reaction score
I think this whole thing got blown WAY out of proportion. I mean what he said want that bad and it was the truth. If Mare cant handle that, he shouldnt be so thin skinned! I am sure that both Mare and Mora have both forgotten about it already.

Reaction score
RhewChuryll said:

Oh..and one more thing...where did you get Apple Sauce 94? Just wondering :cool:

There's a brand of applesauce called Wallace.

RhewChuryll

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
RhewChuryll said:

OOOH...no kidding. Got it thanks

Reaction score
RhewChuryll said:
bobflipaburger said:
RhewChuryll said:

OOOH...no kidding. Got it thanks

lol no prob. Next time you see at the store you'll think of this site... I know I do lol.

Reaction score
Mentally a kicker has more time to think of his play than most players do. The more you think of a specific play the more it effects your game. After a missed kick Mare has to think constantly about that until he is given another chance to redeem himself. Whereas a QB or RB will get another oppurtinity quicker and have less time to think of that specific turnover or play.

Mora showing lack of leadership? hmmm tough question. Should he have thrown just Mare under the bus? Don't think so, but sometimes it's quotes like that that spark a team and bring them together. Maybe that's what he is trying to do. Mare is a veteran he's heard worst and has overcome it. An undrafted free-agent all the way to having to rebound from injuries. He knows how and what it takes to succeed. Don't think that will ever leave him and I think he will handle these quotes with professionalism and might just kick a game-winning kick come Sunday.

Top Bottom