• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Tuesday cyber surfing: The other side of Thomas

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Jan. 31:
Jared Ainsworth of the Beaumont Enterprise has a really nice story on how Earl Thomas’ success in the NFL has allowed his mother, Debbie, to retire: “Debbie Thomas’ final day as a receptionist for Little Cypress-Mauriceville school district was Jan 20. The family celebrated the end of Debbie’s 28-year career in education that evening at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen in Beaumont, with about 20 of her coworkers. ‘As soon as they called my name in the draft, I knew this day was going to come,’ said Earl, a 22-year-old second-year defensive back for the Seahawks. ‘We didn’t have much and my mom and dad made it work. They’ve been changing my diapers, taking care of me all my life.’ “
Former Seahawks and current Titans QB Matt Hasselbeck analyzes the Super Bowl matchup between the Patriots and Giants for the Tennessean. His pick: Patriots 24-21. Says Hasselbeck: “It is really hard to bet against Tom Brady for me. I have a lot of respect for his game. I think he is one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game. I have respect for Eli (Manning), and for guys on both sides, but to me, Brady is going to be really tough to stop unless he is on his back the whole game.”
Speaking of former Seahawks QBs, Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram catches up with Jon Kitna, who last week was named football coach at Tacoma’s Lincoln High School, his alma mater: “ ‘It’s incredible. The right door opened,’ Kitna said between services Sunday morning at Fielder Road Baptist Church, where he preached and gave a personal testimony. It was his first public appearance since informing the Cowboys of his decision to retire two weeks ago. ‘I am beyond excited,’ Kitna said. ‘It was the perfect opportunity. The coach wanted to move into the athletic director’s role and called and asked me if I was interested.’ “
Here at Seahawks.com, the Tez in 2012 campaign continues as the clock is ticking toward the selection process on Saturday for the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2012. Cortez Kennedy is a finalist for the fourth consecutive year and we weigh in with a weighty profile on the most-decorated defensive player in franchise history: “ ‘I wouldn’t trade places with anybody for anything,’ Kennedy said. ‘I played for the Seahawks, and played my heart out for them. I love the Seahawks. I love the organization. I love the people there, and especially the fans. If I ever get in the Hall of Fame, it’s for all of us.’ ”
Back to the Super Bowl, there is no shortage of coverage leading up to Sunday’s game. Here’s a sampling:
The Associated Press, via Heraldnet.com, looks at the overlooked Deion Branch, the wide receiver who played for the Patriots, then was traded to the Seahawks and now is back with the Patriots: “He’s been overlooked a bit this season, with Wes Welker, Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez grabbing most of (Tom) Brady’s passes and the headlines. ‘That’s cool,’ said Branch, who has that MVP trophy stored safely in a glass case at his home. ‘I just do my job. I can’t worry about who’s controlling it and who’s saying A, B, C, D. I just do my job I’m not here to be the one that (says), ‘Hey I need all the attention.’ That’s not me.’ “
Don Banks’ Q&A with London Fletcher at SI.com. The Redskins’ linebacker who is no stranger to the Giants or the Patriots, having played both teams this season. Q: Having played both of these teams recently, how do they match up today, knowing that New York beat New England at Gillette Stadium in Week 9? A: “I think it’s going to be a great matchup, because you think about the Giants and their pass rush being healthy now, and then you know all about the offense of the Patriots and those tight ends and their passing game. It’s going to be a great matchup between those two teams, and the thing is, both defenses are playing great right now. I think New England’s defense is playing its best ball of the year right now, and so are the Giants.”
Les Carpenter’s story at YahooSports.com about BenJarvis Green-Ellis, the Patriots’ back whose name doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue but who also never lets the ball roll from his grasp: “And now, with the world preparing to watch Super Bowl XLVI Sunday, (LSU running backs coach Frank) Wilson has an Exhibit A in the Patriots’ running back. Wilson’s former back at the University of Mississippi has never fumbled in four NFL seasons. That is a streak of 536 catches and carries, an NFL record for the start of a career, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.”
Michael Lombardi’s 46 things he loved about the NFL this season at NFL.com, where No. 39 is … Marshawn Lynch’s angry running style. Says Lombardi: “The Seahawks running back runs harder than any player in the league.”

b.gif
ga64KQSrfxI

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom