• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cory Redding really ?

Idahawk

Reaction score
This guy finished the season on IR and had a disapointing season for the 0-16 lions..he is small and was way over paid in detriot....and we just traded a pro bowl linebacker for him ?

It saves 30 million over the next 4 years and we get a 5th round pick out of the deal...so thats the positive ....losing JP sucks.

This is the second DT so Raji looks out of the picture in the draft I would say

Here is Reddings player page....looks like he can get some sacks...

http://www.nfl.com/players/coryredding/ ... =RED327892

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Hopefully Curry lasts until #4 now...

I am glad we at least traded him. I would hate to have gotten nothing for him and just cut him. Plus, Detroit's 5th rounder is almost as good as, say, Arizona's 4th rounder, lol.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
Hopefully Curry lasts until #4 now...

I am glad we at least traded him. I would hate to have gotten nothing for him and just cut him. Plus, Detroit's 5th rounder is almost as good as, say, Arizona's 4th rounder, lol.

Am I missing something here....if we cut JP to save money then why would we draft a new LB with the 4 pick ? wouldn't that cost a bunch of money..what would be the point of that ? What about David Hawthorne ?

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
The Seahawks will have to pay the #4 no matter what. That money is already accounted for. This move gets them money to possibly sign Hill, maybe Weaver. Obviously the Seahawks no longer though Peterson was worth the money. That does not mean they think Curry or someone else is not worth the money.

Reaction score
I'm glad they got something for him. He was going to make way too much next season and we need to cut back in order to sign Hill, Weaver and our picks.

Seems like we will probably go after a Linebacker now.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I wonder what the nature of Reddings injuries are, but I would hope hawks medical staff are doing their homework on this guy.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
I just got home from a long day of entertaining the family and I turn on espn and I see the Seahawks have traded Julian Peterson to the Lions for Cory Redding and a fifth round draft pick?! My hope was to draft Raji but the little hope I had of that was destroyed today. I have a new poll: Who is worse Tim Ruskell or Bill Bavasi?

S

Seattlehawk94

Little Ruskell...

People bash Billy Beavis too much....I hate the dude but he did draft some talent and knew how to rebuild a system (Gillick might win but he leaves shit in the system after his usual 5 year tenure, the Phillies will learn what the O's and M's know).

Beavis:
MattaTui
Clement
Morrow
Saunders
Wilson
Aumont
Lopez
Yuni

Add in the fact that Beavis BUILT the Anaheim World Series Championship team with his draft picks (he left right before they won):
Anderson
Salmon
Erstad
Glaus
K-Rod
Percy
etc.

his legacy isn't that bad....
Washburn

Little Ruskell meanwhile is creating a legacy of suckitude Seattle's never seen....Billy Beavis took over when the team was a joke...They won before he left but...They were old and fell apart in one offseason, he was given that team.

Little Ruskell has taken a Superbowl contender and turned it into joke....At least Beavis has an excuse...Little Ruskell's excuse is he's got a Huge Ego and a Hardon for Atlanta players and coaches.

chopperdoc79

Huddler
Reaction score
What the hell is the front office doing. first off in my opinion Hill is overrated all he has done since being with us is blow coverages and seems like he is always caught out of position and just looks lost on the field. Sorry if that offends anyone here but Hill is a joke and we are wasting money on him.

Then I thought we were taking a step in the right direction when we signed TJ and now to find out today that we have traded away our pro bowl LB for a DT that was hurt all of last year serioulsy. If they wanted Redding so bad then trade away Hill but not Peterson who has done nothing but great things on defense. Even though our d sucked last year peterson was the only guy that helped take the pressure off of Kerney and was always consistent. I just don't get it. Now who is going to play LB for us. I am so ticked off that they did this but hey what do i know huh.

Reaction score
If you watched the Pro Bowl, Peterson was caught out of position and couldn't cover a Tight End. Hill has always been underrated, never overrated. He makes big plays, but last year really never got a chance to like the rest of the team. It was a bad year for everyone.

"...for a DT that was hurt all of last year serioulsy". - Cory Redding was out the last two games of the season and a few years ago had like 47 tackles and 8 sacks as a Defensive End. This guy is pretty athletic for his size and can get after the QB and make tackles. This moves gains us a DT, a 5th Round Pick, $4.5 Million toward Cap, but we lose Julian Peterson who we all thought was a team player. He was asked to take a pay cut and refused, so I'm not going to side with him on this decision. The team had every right to trade him. He was going to make $6.5 million in 2009 which is a lot of money to anyone and he can't afford to lose some of that money and probably gain it back in a few years so the team can go out and get some players to make the team even better?

Side Note: The Seahawks resigned D.D. Lewis and Lance Laury.

Reaction score
sigpro said:
I just got home from a long day of entertaining the family and I turn on espn and I see the Seahawks have traded Julian Peterson to the Lions for Cory Redding and a fifth round draft pick?! My hope was to draft Raji but the little hope I had of that was destroyed today. I have a new poll: Who is worse Tim Ruskell or Bill Bavasi?

Don't even say that name... Bill Bavasi will NEVER be mentioned here again. deal? I don't like Ruskell but at least we freed some cap, so it made SOME sense. Bill Bavasi.... well... I think he wanted to destroy seattle..

on another note... I am gonna miss JP. sad day..

Reaction score
hawkfanadam said:
sigpro said:

Don't even say that name... Bill Bavasi will NEVER be mentioned here again. deal? I don't like Ruskell but at least we freed some cap, so it made SOME sense. Bill Bavasi.... well... I think he wanted to destroy seattle..

The Lions have Morris, Bernard and now Peterson. Seems like they know how good our players are. :)

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
No point in crying over a done deal....the front office felt that their was more upside to Hill then Peterson...I don't know if thats the case, but age I'm sure was a factor, as much as money...I wish Peterson would have re worked his deal..but he didn't and its over, we have some young talent and or may draft at the LB position....we have added depth at DT and gained a draft pick...giving us like 11 in the draft....its a mini rebuild :lol:

Will this deal be like the Hutch deal..only time will tell we broke up the best o-line in football now the best LB corp...Timmy if this blows up in your face...it will be your legacy . The man who cant keep a good thing together :twisted:

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
phaZe said:
hawkfanadam said:
sigpro said:

The Lions have Morris, Bernard and now Peterson. Seems like they know how good our players are. :)

The Giants got Bernard Bro

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
The Giants have Bernard, not the Lions.

As for Peterson, I am pretty indifferent to the trade. I always thought he was over paid.

And for Hill being overrated? How do you figure? Is it the concensus among everyone with a job remotely related to NFL saying he is a great LB and very underrated? Or was it Lofa and Julian say he is probably the best LB on the team?

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Lofa said he was better then him..and that we should get his deal done at all cost....

.Peterson should have gotten caught with crack or meth ....if he wanted to stay...what was he thinking. ;)

S

Seattlehawk94

Leroy Hill is making Top 5 at LB money...He is not better or equal to:

Ray Lewis
Derrick Brooks
JP
Suggs
Porter
Harrison
Farrior
Ware
Briggs
Willis
Beason
even Lofabread

compared to all of them he's done NOTHING, shit...Dude hasn't even made a fucking Probowl and he's "Top 5"? Bullshit..

Lofabread said he's good....Yeah....Because Lofabread's undersized overrated ass knows "good".

Hell I'd rank him below:
CB94
DSmith
Wooden
Butler
Jackson
and even Anthony Simmons

on my list of All-Time SEAHAWKS Linebackers...

Top Bottom