• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cory Redding really ?

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I think you can blame your friend Ruskell for Hill's talent not being obvious. He did get moved from his passing rushing responsibilities after his rookie season because the Seahawks signed Peterson.

Regardless, this is a deal that will be evaluated only with time.

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Add in the fact that Beavis BUILT the Anaheim World Series Championship team with his draft picks (he left right before they won):
Anderson
Salmon
Erstad
Glaus
K-Rod
Percy
etc.

his legacy isn't that bad....
Washburn

Little Ruskell meanwhile is creating a legacy of suckitude Seattle's never seen....Billy Beavis took over when the team was a joke...They won before he left but...They were old and fell apart in one offseason, he was given that team.

Little Ruskell has taken a Superbowl contender and turned it into joke....At least Beavis has an excuse...Little Ruskell's excuse is he's got a Huge Ego and a Hardon for Atlanta players and coaches.

Uh...Bautista, Sexson, Wilkerson, Vidro, Johjima's extension, the Bedard trade, Spiezio, Weaver, Silva. The M's had one winning season under Bavasi, never made the playoffs, and became the first team in MLB history to lose 100 games with a $100 million payroll.

I like this trade. We got rid of a older guy that was gonna cost us $30 million over the next 3 or 4 years. We cleared up $4 million in cap space this year alone, and was able to add depth to our D-line. Peterson was a good player, but he wasn't getting any younger and was overpaid from the day he got here.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
Maybe we will see Mr. Hill more involved in the pass rush this season. If they wanted to clear some cap space they should of released Julius "I couldn't even make a run for beer" Jones.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Peter King seems to think Seattle got the better end of the deal:

I think Seattle got the better of the Cory Redding-for-Julian Peterson deal. Without a solid defensive line to open rush lanes for him with the Lions, how is Peterson (five sacks in 2008) going to get to the passer?

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
Peter King seems to think Seattle got the better end of the deal:

I think Seattle got the better of the Cory Redding-for-Julian Peterson deal. Without a solid defensive line to open rush lanes for him with the Lions, how is Peterson (five sacks in 2008) going to get to the passer?

Thats what I understand as well that Redding will tie up o-linemen and allow blitzers holes to get through

Reaction score
I'm still bummed out (not pissed) because it was fun to watch JP play. Could be a net positive I suppose, Hawthorne looked really good last pre-season. If he can blossom this season (or we draft Curry) and our line is vastly improved we will be a better Defense. If the Defense is better I won't miss JP at all. I'm glad I'm not GM because those would be tough decisions.

hawkssoldier

Huddler
Reaction score
chopperdoc79 said:
What the hell is the front office doing. first off in my opinion Hill is overrated all he has done since being with us is blow coverages and seems like he is always caught out of position and just looks lost on the field. Sorry if that offends anyone here but Hill is a joke and we are wasting money on him.

I will disagree with you on all accounts. Leroy Hill IS our best cover LB and JP was our worst. In his rookie year, Hill was the WLB and had 7.5 sacks. That was 3rd among rookies. Wanna know the first two? Merriman and Demarcus Ware. When JP was signed, we moved Leroy out of the WLB and moved JP there.

Remember the game vs. the Browns in 2007. Leroy covered Kellen Winslow the 1st half of the game before he got injured. At that time, Winslow had 1 catch for 10 yards. After halftime, we put JP and Kevin Bentley on Winslow and got torched for 10 catches and 115 yards in the second half alone. 2007 was Kellen Winslow's best year as a TE and Leroy Hill had him shut down!!

As far as probowls go, they're overrated and a popularity contest. Ken Hamlin and Roy Williams (the safety) made the probowl!!! That alone makes it lose credibility. Hamlin and Williams can't cover a sandwich if you give them a full box of plastic wrap let alone receivers.

Top Bottom