• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Congrats SF 16 8 80!

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
I thought it was interesting that back in August he picked the Seahawks to win the NFC West, but the Niners to win the Superbowl.

It's called a "guess" and now he's not changing his pick...no shocker here.

Most of these guys picked the Seahawks to win it all...I can find 20 guys who think they are geniuses.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
That's 5 times in 13 years, but let's not quibble over details.

It is important, from a historical, legacy point of view. Same reason the American Revolution, the Civil War, WWII, are important.

How many since the salary cap?

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
Based on what??

And before you tell me how great the offense has been playing, and Kaepernick is on a roll, I will remind you AGAIN that he was coming off career type games the last two times these teams squared off in Seattle.

So tell me this. What has Kaepernick been doing different as of late, that he wasn't incapable of doing then? Has our defense played worse?
Oh, I don't know, hitting Crabtree maybe? Hitting Vernon Davis in the second half of the game? How about just being out of the slump he was in and being hot right now? Does that not count for anything, lol?

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
The answer is ZERO...

With a level playing field the fact is that the 49ers bought those championships by gaming the system...check the numbers.

Reaction score
1. You didn't say "more relevance." You said no relevance.

2. I think the commercial is funny. (Do you guys really behave like that? Jeez.) :alien:

3. What's changed? We are on fire, and you are not. We have won 8 in a row, the last three on the road, the last two in the playoffs. You lost in your own house to the Cards. Now you tell me, what's changed since you got beat by the Cards? Experience does matter, for obvious reasons. You know intimately how you got your ass whooped last time, and you game plan not to make the same mistakes.

1) If something has zero relevance, something else can have more relevance. But you're right; I said your recent wins vs other teams have no relevance going into this game. And I meant it.

2) The depiction of the fans is obviously not accurate. But that doesn’t bother me. I actually think that part is funny. The fact that it shows the Kaepernick isn’t affected by the noise after he puts on the headphones is complete bullshit and everybody knows it. He looks like a shell shocked invalid out there.

3) Our defense is still very hot. They’re playing the best defense they’ve played all year. Even better than week 2. The defense played great in the game vs AZ. The offense just couldn’t get out of their way. Hauschka who had been automatic all year shanked a 24 yard FG and Robert Turbin fumbled twice on kick off returns – he will NEVER be returning kicks again BTW. It’ll be Percy Harvin or Doug Baldwin. Even with all that, the game ended on a bullshit interception call that was CLEARLY an incomplete pass. We are 16-1 at home since the start of 2012. That’s a state that is clearly in our favor.

Reaction score
Oh, I don't know, hitting Crabtree maybe? Hitting Vernon Davis in the second half of the game? How about just being out of the slump he was in and being hot right now? Does that not count for anything, lol?

He wasn't in a slump. He was put in a slump. He came in very HOT, both times off historic performances.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
The answer is ZERO...

With a level playing field the fact is that the 49ers bought those championships by gaming the system...check the numbers.
It was a level playing field. Same rules applied to everybody. If your team has a smaller market, that's the way it goes. If your half of the country has less people and less industry during a Civil War, that's the way it goes.

Are you going to say the Civil War is not important anymore because there wasn't a level playing field?

Reaction score
Now here are some relevant stats for ya!

Kaepernick in week 15, 2012 @ NE: 14-25, 221 yds, 4 tds (108.5 passer rating)

Kaepernick in week 16, 2012 @ SEA: 19-36, 244 yds, 1 td, 1 INT (72.0 passer rating)

Kaepernick in week 1, 2013 vs GB: 27-39, 412 yds, 3 tds (129.4 passer rating)

Kaepernick in week 2, 2013 @ SEA: 13-28, 127 yds, 0 tds, 3 INTs (20.1 passer rating)

Reaction score
It was a level playing field. Same rules applied to everybody. If your team has a smaller market, that's the way it goes. If your half of the country has less people and less industry during a Civil War, that's the way it goes.

Are you going to say the Civil War is not important anymore because there wasn't a level playing field?

Are we really comparing the Civil War to Pro sports?? I know we are all fans here, but come on man, thats a bit of stretch.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score

Civil war? Really?

That ended a debate.

Enjoy your purchased gold footballs...its the last you'll see for a while.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
Are we really comparing the Civil War to Pro sports?? I know we are all fans here, but come on man, thats a bit of stretch.
Well, the implication seems to be that they have no importance once they are far enough into to the past, that you should just forget about them, not hold them up with pride when talking about your team. I don't see it that way. The goal of the entire exercise is to get one of those. When that is accomplished, I'm not going to figuratively put it in the closet and forget about it.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Well, the implication seems to be that they have no importance once they are far enough into to the past, that you should just forget about them, not hold them up with pride when talking about your team. I don't see it that way. The goal of the entire exercise is to get one of those. When that is accomplished, I'm not going to figuratively put it in the closet and forget about it.

Oh hell no, you all remind everyone you debate. ;)

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
Civil war? Really?

That ended a debate.

Enjoy your purchased gold footballs...its the last you'll see for a while.
Boy, you guys seem to be a little touchy. Nervous. We worried about anything in particular?

ers-3863.gif

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Boy, you guys seem to be a little touchy. Nervous. We worried about anything in particular?

Neither, I'm actually less worried than last week. Keep in mind the Saint's have a better QB.

Just because you make a stupid analogy regarding the civil war and SF purchasing titles, doesn't mean I'm nervous.

But yeah, we're scared playing at home...lol

Reaction score
So if the South had won the war and there was still slavery, would we be posting on Facebook to the north saying "haaa bitches! How many civil wars have you won?? ZERO!! How many slaves do you own!? ZERO! I've got 5!! Haha! #goconfederates #questforsixslaves

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
Neither, I'm actually less worried than last week. Keep in mind the Saint's have a better QB.

Just because you make a stupid analogy regarding the civil war and SF purchasing titles, doesn't mean I'm nervous.

But yeah, we're scared playing at home...lol
Well, ok, that makes me feel better. I'd hate to see you guys losing sleep over your impending defeat this Sunday. :D

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
So if the South had won the war and there was still slavery, would we be posting on Facebook to the north saying "haaa bitches! How many civil wars have you won?? ZERO!! How many slaves do you own!? ZERO! I've got 5!! Haha! #goconfederates #questforsixslaves
Well, that's generally not the context of historical discussion of war. Football, on the other hand, is discussed that way all the time. Even ends up on billboards, I hear. :D

Reaction score
Well, that's generally not the context of historical discussion of war. Football, on the other hand, is discussed that way all the time. Even ends up on billboards, I hear. :D
Yeah 30 miles south of Seattle in a shit hole place like Fife. It's pretty pathetic and shows nobody let those cocksuckers put the billboard up anywhere near Seattle. But thanks for the donation to Seattle Children's. Russell really appreciated that.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Yeah 30 miles south of Seattle in a shit hole place like Fife. It's pretty pathetic and shows nobody let those cocksuckers put the billboard up anywhere near Seattle. But thanks for the donation to Seattle Children's. Russell really appreciated that.

I'd add that their are 3 other electronic billboards in that same spot that overshadow this one dated billboard. It was actually the first electronic billboard back in 1998...and it looks it.

Face it Whiners...you got ripped deep. Just like what's coming Sunday.

Bring the soap-on-a-rope to the Clink, because you'll be getting punked. ;)

Top Bottom