• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Congrats SF 16 8 80!

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
It doesn't really affect my point, which is that our offense should perform better than it did in Week 2.

Nobody really performs well against the Seahawks defense. It doesn't matter who's out there to catch the ball; someone still has to throw it and then catch it.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
Usually on a message board that section is where you add the reason you "differ". lol
I thought it was implied. Being number one in those categories is not irrelevant simply because they account for 8 games and not only the one game against your upcoming opponent. I would agree that how you fared against your upcoming opponent would have greater weight than a single game against another team, but that doesn't equal irrelevance.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
Nobody really performs well against the Seahawks defense. It doesn't matter who's out there to catch the ball; someone still has to throw it and then catch it.
Well, let's think about that.

Seems like the Texans put up 20 points on you, the Colts 34, the Cards 22 in their loss, the Bucs 24, and the Vikings 20. The Cards demonstrated that 17 points is enough to beat you in Seattle by playing good defense. I wonder if the fact that they play you twice a year like we do might play into their status as the only team to defeat you in Seattle this season.

Seems to me that elite defense and competent offense is key to defeating the Seahawks in Seattle.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
How did the 49ers fair with the colts? Or the Saints who we just beat? Common opponents are relevant.

Points mean nothing without data.

Colts beat us by 6 points at their home. You faced them at your home and they won by 20 points. Relevant? Maybe.

Our largest margin of loss is 7 points.

SF largest margin is 26 and 20.

Relevant? Maybe...

My point is consistency winning or losing is key.

Largest margin of victories over 20 points for Seahawks 26, 27, 28, 23, 21

For SF 24, 31, 32

Losses in a row SF 2 losses twice. 2 road losses and 2 home.

Sea 0 losses in a row.

OT victories Seattle 2 wins in OT, no losses.

SF no OT games.

Relevant? Who knows...but if I was betting I'd bet the money line on the Hawks. Or I'd give the points if they drop to 3.

But I don't bet anymore. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
How did the 49ers fair with the colts? Or the Saints who we just beat? Common opponents are relevant.

Points mean nothing without data.

Colts beat us by 6 points at their home. You faced them at your home and they won by 20 points. Relevant? Maybe.

Well by that criteria the Rams destroyed the Colts and the Saints this season and should have beat the Seahawks in St. Louis. Given that the Rams had the best worst divisional record (7-9) in the NFL this season its safe to say the NFC Best is where the standard for defensive play will reside for years to come.

Reaction score
I beg to differ.

Please elaborate.

I gave you my reasons. The recent match ups between these two teams have way more relevance than the 9ers wins against other teams.

And you say they have more experience? What is that going to do? They've been to Seattle twice in the span of about one year. Both visits up here ended ugly and in a very similar fashion. So what are they going to take away from that? What kind of experience? You don't think they came in here week 2 with experience from the week 16 match up and try to do things differently? How'd that work out?

It doesn't matter how many times you visit Seattle, the crowd isn't getting quieter and Kaepernick isn't going to drown out the noise despite the stupid commercial. Do you think the defense won't play as well and with less intensity? YOU KNOW Marshawn isn't going to let up? What makes you think that this game, in Seattle, will be any different than it has been the last two meetings? Seriously?

Reaction score
It doesn't really affect my point, which is that our offense should perform better than it did in Week 2.

Based on what??

And before you tell me how great the offense has been playing, and Kaepernick is on a roll, I will remind you AGAIN that he was coming off career type games the last two times these teams squared off in Seattle.

So tell me this. What has Kaepernick been doing different as of late, that he wasn't incapable of doing then? Has our defense played worse?

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-playoffs-afc-and-nfc-championship-game-picks

Playing against the 49ers or Seahawks defense is basically liked getting punched in the face by Mike Tyson in his prime. Seattle had the top ranked defense in the NFL this season and the 49ers weren't far behind at No. 5.

I think this game comes down to quarterback play and I don't like what I've seen from Russell Wilson lately. As my podcast partner Ryan Wilson pointed out on Saturday, through the first 12 games of the season, Wilson completed 64.9 percent of his passes for 223 yards per game, with 22 touchdowns and a passer rating of 108.5

In games 13-16, his completion percentage dropped to 57.8, yards per game fell to 171, with four touchdowns and a passer rating of 79.1. It's not like the Seahawks asked him to do less later in the season either. Through the first 12 games, Wilson averaged 25.4 pass attempts per game and in the final four games, he averaged 25.5.

Carroll and Harbaugh will most likely have a similar game-plan this week: go all-in to stop the run and make the other quarterback beat you. The Seahawks and 49ers averaged the fewest pass attempts per game in the NFL this season, so basically, each coach will try and make the other team do something they're not used to: passing.

The argument against picking the 49ers is simple: they've been outscored 71-16 in their last two trips to Seattle. My argument for the 49ers is that they're the hottest team in football and in recent years, the hottest team has been winning the biggest playoff games.

Back in August, I predicted the Seahawks would win the NFC West and that the 49ers would win the Super Bowl because I thought San Francisco could get hot and go into Seattle and steal a win. Well, the 49ers are the hottest team in football with eight wins in a row and I see no reason to go against my Super Bowl pick now. 49ers 20-16 over the Seahawks.

Record picking Seattle games this season: 13-4 (Includes 0-1 in playoffs)

Record picking San Francisco games this season: 14-4 (Includes 2-0 in playoffs)

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
If the writer picks SF to win the Superbowl how is he not going to pick SF in this game? lol

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
Please elaborate.

I gave you my reasons. The recent match ups between these two teams have way more relevance than the 9ers wins against other teams.

And you say they have more experience? What is that going to do? They've been to Seattle twice in the span of about one year. Both visits up here ended ugly and in a very similar fashion. So what are they going to take away from that? What kind of experience? You don't think they came in here week 2 with experience from the week 16 match up and try to do things differently? How'd that work out?

It doesn't matter how many times you visit Seattle, the crowd isn't getting quieter and Kaepernick isn't going to drown out the noise despite the stupid commercial. Do you think the defense won't play as well and with less intensity? YOU KNOW Marshawn isn't going to let up? What makes you think that this game, in Seattle, will be any different than it has been the last two meetings? Seriously?

1. You didn't say "more relevance." You said no relevance.

2. I think the commercial is funny. (Do you guys really behave like that? Jeez.) :alien:

3. What's changed? We are on fire, and you are not. We have won 8 in a row, the last three on the road, the last two in the playoffs. You lost in your own house to the Cards. Now you tell me, what's changed since you got beat by the Cards? Experience does matter, for obvious reasons. You know intimately how you got your ass whooped last time, and you game plan not to make the same mistakes.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
And don't forget you won the Super Bowl 5 times 20 years ago...that's important!

LOL

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
If the writer picks SF to win the Superbowl how is he not going to pick SF in this game? lol

I thought it was interesting that back in August he picked the Seahawks to win the NFC West, but the Niners to win the Superbowl.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
As with the Saints visiting here...you'll see a similar outcome, but not such a wide margin of victory for Seattle.

The best team will win...that will be the Seahawks.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
And don't forget you won the Super Bowl 5 times 20 years ago...that's important!

LOL
That's 5 times in 13 years, but let's not quibble over details.

It is important, from a historical, legacy point of view. Same reason the American Revolution, the Civil War, WWII, are important.

Top Bottom