• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Congrats SF 16 8 80!

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
What makes you think that this game, in Seattle, will be any different than it has been the last two meetings? Seriously?
In the last meeting here, all we had to worry about was Boldin. No Crabtree and Vernon Davis was injured. Now we can't just key on Boldin because of the other two. And Boldin is playing like a beast right now.
A few posts back the subject of experience was brought up. Experience definitely counts in the playoffs. Just ask the 2011 Niners, who were probably beaten because they had less experience than the Giants, who still had their core intact from the '08 Super Bowl team.
The '13 Niners are a bit more seasoned and they've been down this road before.

Man, I ain't trying to sound like a Niner fan. But come on people. This isn't going to be a Seahawk blowout. It's gonna be a friggin scrap that will probably be decided in the closing minutes. The defense will do their damage. The offense is what I'm not sure about.
Nobody seems to care about the passing game. I've been following football for 35+ years and you just can't get it done without at least some efficiency in it. The '09 Jets were the most recent example of that. There's just gonna be way too many 3rd and 6 or 3rd and 7 situations to think that Lynch can do it all by himself. In those situations the passing game's gotta be on.

Another thing too: the Hawks are gonna have to close the deal if/when they get the chance. If they take a lead late they have to slam the door.

Here's to percentages. If Wilson's gonna go 8/19 for 100 yards and they convert 29% on 3rd down (their percentage over the last 5 weeks) then it's about 55/45 Niners. If Wilson has a semblance of an efficient passing game and they get those 3rd down conversions like they were doing over the first 12 games, then it's 90/10 Seahawks.

Bleeds, you mentioned earlier you don't care if they pass for 50 yards as long as they win the Super Bowl. Me neither. But the thing is, if they do throw for 50 yards, it ain't gonna happen.

OP
R

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
In the last meeting here, all we had to worry about was Boldin. No Crabtree and Vernon Davis was injured. Now we can't just key on Boldin because of the other two. And Boldin is playing like a beast right now.
A few posts back the subject of experience was brought up. Experience definitely counts in the playoffs. Just ask the 2011 Niners, who were probably beaten because they had less experience than the Giants, who still had their core intact from the '08 Super Bowl team.

Man, I ain't trying to sound like a Niner fan. But come on people. This isn't going to be a Seahawk blowout. It's gonna be a friggin scrap that will probably be decided in the closing minutes. The defense will do their damage. The offense is what I'm not sure about.
Nobody seems to care about the passing game. I've been following football for 35+ years and you just can't get it done without at least some efficiency in it. The '09 Jets were the most recent example of that. There's just gonna be way too many 3rd and 6 or 3rd and 7 situations to think that Lynch can do it all by himself. In those situations the passing game's gotta be on.

Another thing too: the Hawks are gonna have to close the deal if/when they get the chance. If they take a lead late they have to slam the door.

Here's to percentages. If Wilson's gonna go 8/19 for 100 yards and they convert 29% on 3rd down (their percentage over the last 5 weeks) then it's about 55/45 Niners. If Wilson has a semblance of an efficient passing game and they get those 3rd down conversions like they were doing over the first 12 games, then it's 90/10 Seahawks.

Bleeds, you mentioned earlier you don't care if they pass for 50 yards as long as they win the Super Bowl. Me neither. But the thing is, if they do throw for 50 yards, it ain't gonna happen.

Yes a discerning Seahawks fan. How refreshing. All the points you make I agree with 100%. I think thats why most people that know football have always looked forward to this matchup. I still think the Seahawks win but it is going to be an epic contest I believe.

Reaction score

Go check Wilsons numbers from the last home game vs the 9ers. Also, we had to take care of Crabtree, Vernon, Manningham and Randy Moss last season. How'd that go.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I was just checking Wilson's stat line from last season's game. 15/21, 171 yards, 4 TD, 1 pick, 29 rushing yards, 115.3 QB rating. They were 11/13 on 3rd down conversions.
As for the game earlier this year, I was aware of the crap stats Wilson put up in that game. That was also the 2nd game of the regular season. The Niners also got blown out in that Colts game at home the following week. They were a train wreck back then. Do you see them as being no different now, even though they've won 8 straight and are 13-2 since that Colts game?
I'm probably not going to win any friends on here by saying this but the Niners have everything it takes right now to win the Super Bowl. The best O-line in football, solid running game, their WR corps are built for the playoffs. Their defense is nearly as good as ours. They have a lot of playoff experience, they are driven, they have unfinished business and they are supremely confident. Their main guys are all seasoned veterans and among them are 8 pro bowlers. They are also the reigning NFC champions and this year's team with Boldin is probably better than last year's.

What happened to the Russell Wilson who's the dynamic playmaker extending plays with his feet, getting the play action in high gear and just making things happen? It's that kind of stuff that makes him an elite QB, not any of this "playing not to lose" game manager bullshit. That's not the Seahawks' 'A' game at all and it's not what this offense was built for.
If the Hawks continue to do that, the Niners are going to beat them, period.

There, I said it.

Priority #1: Take care of the football
Priority #2: Maintain a balanced attack on both sides of the ball.
The rest takes care of itself. If they do that they have a good shot of winning this game.
Go Hawks!!

Last edited:

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
I was just checking Wilson's stat line from last season's game. 15/21, 171 yards, 4 TD, 1 pick, 29 rushing yards, 115.3 QB rating. They were 11/13 on 3rd down conversions.
As for the game earlier this year, I was aware of the crap stats Wilson put up in that game. That was also the 2nd game of the regular season. The Niners also got blown out in that Colts game at home the following week. They were a train wreck back then. Do you see them as being no different now, even though they've won 8 straight and are 13-2 since that Colts game?
I'm probably not going to win any friends on here by saying this but the Niners have everything it takes right now to win the Super Bowl. The best O-line in football, solid running game, their WR corps are built for the playoffs. Their defense is nearly as good as ours. They have a lot of playoff experience, they are driven, they have unfinished business and they are supremely confident. Their main guys are all seasoned veterans and among them are 8 pro bowlers. They are also the reigning NFC champions and this year's team with Boldin is probably better than last year's.

What happened to the Russell Wilson who's the dynamic playmaker extending plays with his feet, getting the play action in high gear and just making things happen? It's that kind of stuff that makes him an elite QB, not any of this "playing not to lose" game manager bullshit. That's not the Seahawks' 'A' game at all and it's not what this offense was built for.
If the Hawks continue to do that, the Niners are going to beat them, period.

There, I said it.

I disagree obviously.

If you base the season on the last 4 weeks, yeah Wilson doesn't look very hot. But look at the entire seasons stats and you'll see he's been consistently ahead of the 49ers...even with the slump.

If you believe he's digressing you're not looking at it from a game management perspective and the way PC calls a football game once he has a lead with the ground game working.

Last weeks game can't be how you measure Wilson. Neither QB could get it together in that weather. The Saints had under 100 yards of Offense at the first half if I remember correctly. It's easier to play in the snow than the wind and swirling rain.

Russ is a superior QB in every way and that will be the difference come Sunday.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't think Wilson's digressing. I don't think he's playing his best ball right now but that's not exactly the same deal.

I'm not sure that it's on Wilson or that he's digressing. I know the passing game as a whole has taken a bit of a dive though.
Ok, take the Saints game out of the equation. The weather was bad. I get that. What about the previous 4 games? What about the loss against AZ? What about the OVERALL inefficiency converting on 3rd down? And it's not just inefficiency over that span neither. They've been the worst team in the league in that department and they've been dead last in overall offense too.
That's not "how Pete calls a game." That's a problem that needs to be fixed.
This team doesn't need to be a pass first team. Wilson doesn't need to be Peyton Manning and pass the ball 45 times and get 350+ yards. It all still goes through the running game, especially in a matchup with the Niners. Both teams are gonna slug it out on the ground. The difference in the game besides turnovers is going to be which team establishes more balance than the other. And that means in situations where Wilson will be throwing the ball, they gotta get it done.
The Niners have that option to go to the air when they need to. They have established that. And we need that as well. It's going to take more than 10 points to win this game. 15 is really pushing it. They need 20.

OP
R

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
It should be a close tough game and I'm looking forward to both teams knocking the crap out of each other.:roflmao:

Top Bottom