• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Breaking News

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
"Sherman needs to be quiet"

I once thought that way too. But nah, I'm ok with it now. I think somehow the talking fuels his inner fire and it's just the way he's wired. Being quiet is just not his game. That's Lynch's game and Okung's game but not Sherman's.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
That's probably the biggest factor for me. Pete has had one former SC player come out and bash him and that was Taylor Mays because Carroll drafted Earl Thomas over him. Everybody would've drafted Earl Thomas over him.

A lot of football fans are just friggin idiots. It's those same people who were saying after the GB game last year that the call somehow proved that Pete Carroll is a cheater. Referee's call favoring the Seahawks = Pete Carroll is a cheater. WTF?
It's those same idiots who don't know the difference between adderall and steroids so they're saying "half the team is on roids". So 4 players out of 500 testing positive for adderall = half the team on roids?

I guess if you listen to some of those wackjobs then Pete the Cheat is actually standing at the door passing out roids to the players as they file on out to the practice field.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
A lot of football fans are just friggin idiots. It's those same people who were saying after the GB game last year that the call somehow proved that Pete Carroll is a cheater. Referee's call favoring the Seahawks = Pete Carroll is a cheater. WTF?

I agree the knee-jerk reaction of all too many football fans (especially on the internet) is moronic but in Petey's case there is a difference, at least in regards to that GB call. The call is arguably the worst I've ever seen, not only flagrantly wrong but witnessed by two officials in close proximity. The video replays left no room for confusion as all NFL fans could see. Yet nothing but justification from Petey. Instead of just admitting that the officials blew the call Petey defended his player and thus the call. All Petey had to say was yeah the officials blew it and this time it went for us. Say it immediately within a day afterwards not months or years later. But he didn't. Thats the problem of perception Petey suffers throughout the NFL on that play and contributes to his negative perception among NFL fans.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
I agree the knee-jerk reaction of all too many football fans (especially on the internet) is moronic but in Petey's case there is a difference, at least in regards to that GB call. The call is arguably the worst I've ever seen, not only flagrantly wrong but witnessed by two officials in close proximity. The video replays left no room for confusion as all NFL fans could see. Yet nothing but justification from Petey. Instead of just admitting that the officials blew the call Petey defended his player and thus the call. All Petey had to say was yeah the officials blew it and this time it went for us. Say it immediately within a day afterwards not months or years later. But he didn't. Thats the problem of perception Petey suffers throughout the NFL on that play and contributes to his negative perception among NFL fans.

Defend your players...screw the media and the biased fans. That has nothing to do with cheating. He didn't call the game so stick it.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
It's those same idiots who don't know the difference between adderall and steroids so they're saying "half the team is on roids". So 4 players out of 500 testing positive for adderall = half the team on roids?

I guess if you listen to some of those wackjobs then Pete the Cheat is actually standing at the door passing out roids to the players as they file on out to the practice field.

That's the rumor. ;)

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Defend your players...screw the media and the biased fans. That has nothing to do with cheating. He didn't call the game so stick it.

When you defend the indefensible ala Petey you pay the price of a well deserved bad rep. Own it.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
When you defend the indefensible ala Petey you pay the price of a well deserved bad rep. Own it.

Simultaneous possession goes to the offense. Thats the rule, like it or not. And a helmet doesn't equal a touchdown.

Sent from a cell at the CLink...

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Simultaneous possession goes to the offense. Thats the rule, like it or not. And a helmet doesn't equal a touchdown.

Then you missed the WR decking the DB before the ball arrived? Because THAT was the flagrant non call.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Then you missed the WR decking the DB before the ball arrived? Because THAT was the flagrant non call.

Like they say..."rubbing is racing". Its a foul when they call it.

Reaction score
NFL came out and said they missed the offensive PI. That's not on the Seahawks or Pete Carroll. That shit happens and isn't always seen/called. So if a Rams player catches a game winning TD in the Endzone but got open on a push off that wasn't called, you want Fiaher to say "yeah we got that TD, but our guy pushed off and it wasn't called. I feel really embarrassed and we shouldn't have won the game" at his presser? STFU!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Pete Carroll is loved by the players and fans. And don't look know but everyone is coping in this copy-cat leauge. If your not seeing that then your just plain ignorant.

There is a reason why his coordinators are much sought after. The franchise reflects the coach and the GM. You have a good coach too, just not quite as unique and dynamic as Petey, sorry holmes!

Reaction score
Pete is always going to support his players and the team. What purpose does it serve to say that the push off should've been called or that the TD was instead an interception? To make Rams fans or 49ers fans happy? Fuck you!

This team is highly competitive and highly confident. Do you think the way Pete Carroll coaches and approaches everything has something to do with that? He took over a 5-11 team with one of the oldest, most overpaid and worst rosters in the league and blew it up. In his 4th year we are in the NFC Championship with the best defense in the league, one of the best backs in the league, one of the best young QB's and one of the best teams in the league. That matters more than an opinion of other teams fans.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Pete is always going to support his players and the team. What purpose does it serve to say that the push off should've been called or that the TD was instead an interception? To make Rams fans or 49ers fans happy? Fuck you!

Personal integrity comes to mind.

Reaction score
Personal integrity comes to mind.
Lol. I'll take 13-3, #1 seed over "personal integrity" in the eyes of other teams fans.

To piggy back off of 9er fans dumb logic. Do you think the American Revolution, Civil War, WW1 and WW2 were won through "personal integrity"? Lol

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
How about Jeff Fisher ? His players in Tennessee were very outspoken about his tenure called him a liar and sleazy in his dealings with players. Not to mention here's a member of the competition committee that comes to Seattle and puts on one of the worst displays of sportsmanship in the history of the game. They ran him out of Tennessee , he's a team killer !

Free Brandon Browner

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
How about Jeff Fisher ? His players in Tennessee were very outspoken about his tenure called him a liar and sleazy in his dealings with players. Not to mention here's a member of the competition committee that comes to Seattle and puts on one of the worst displays of sportsmanship in the history of the game. They ran him out of Tennessee , he's a team killer !
Free Brandon Browner

Lamb's played with the opposite of sportsmanship...where is our apology? Oh wait, when you lose there's no need for civility. Gotcha...

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Pete Carroll is loved by the players and fans. And don't look know but everyone is coping in this copy-cat leauge. If your not seeing that then your just plain ignorant.
!

No choice but to cope which is why the NFC West has turned around so far so fast.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
The call is arguably the worst I've ever seen, not only flagrantly wrong but witnessed by two officials in close proximity. The video replays left no room for confusion as all NFL fans could see. Yet nothing but justification from Petey. Instead of just admitting that the officials blew the call Petey defended his player and thus the call.

First off, Jeff Fisher wouldn't have admitted to anything and Harbaugh wouldn't have neither. From Fisher you would have gotten a 'no comment' and Harbaugh would have given you 'I don't know what you're talking about'.
Carroll's not obligated to admit to anything to maintain integrity. That's another misconception the fans have. And I hate to go back to that dead horse but the refs blew the call on the non-OPI. On the play itself, the correct call was made and the replay officials confirmed it. Not replacement replay officials, but the real ones. Once the OPI wasn't called, it became irrelevant on the review because it's non-reviewable.

Fans, and particularly Hawk haters, call that the "worst call in NFL history". That's pure bullshit. There are far worse calls made than not calling OPI on a hail mary.

Fans can have their misconceptions about Pete Carroll. But reality is all that matters, not misconceptions. He's one of the NFL's elite coaches, especially concerning team dynamics and has few peers as a talent evaluator. He (along with Schneider) have turned the Seahawks into a legit NFL power in 3 years and he WILL win Super Bowls here. And most importantly, he has a ton of respect from the people who know him the most, his players. The players are all in.

Top Bottom