• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Am I missing something (about TJ)

Reaction score
I keep running into stories about the Seahawks possibly getting rid of Housh.
And multiple stories saying that Housh is less valuable to the team then Branch. What is going on?

I was under the impression that Housh was the best receiver we had and he seems to be doing good in the preseason. So where is the speculation coming from?

Reaction score
@JasonLaCanfora: SEA trying to move TJ Houshmandzadeh, but unlikely anyone takes him on. WR due to make $7M-plus guaranteed in '10. He's available, though

That was tweeted 5 minutes ago. I have no clue why they want to deal him, but my guess would be that he is too much like T.O. with the "I want the ball" and "Give me the ball" attitude.

...or Mike Williams, Branch, Tate and Butler are playing so well they don't feel like they need him.

OP
EricOV
Reaction score
I think thats bull crap.

If we do trade him we better get something good.

and not a fifth rounder like a certain other trade.

S

Seattlehawk94

Told ya'll....

I'm furious, because the rumor is if they don't make a trade they waive him and we get nothing....We all know about Twig's "health" status....Bo Duke and Coach Tony Robbins need to pull there heads out of their asses...Just get the feeling a loser USC QB is on his way here..

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I'd keep him for the sole reason that Branch is Mr. Glass. Maybe he is playing better right now, but just wait until he's injured 17 seconds into the regular season opener...

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;49938 said:
Told ya'll....

I'm furious, because the rumor is if they don't make a trade they waive him and we get nothing....We all know about Twig's "health" status....Bo Duke and Coach Tony Robbins need to pull there heads out of their asses...Just get the feeling a loser USC QB is on his way here..
Whitehurst and Housh to AZ for Leinart and a draft pick? Definitely seems unlikely, but I also have a bad feeling about Leinart coming to Seattle.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I could this happening because of the large contract. I like Housh as a player and even the attitude he brings, but if the right trade comes down the line they should look at it. Seems like they are just dangling him out there right now. I cant see them waiving him.

NOOOOOO TOOO LIENNNART!!! I dont know why but I just dont like him, he seems like a little bitch.

Reaction score
We absolutely should not trade him... I understand this is the year to dump big contracts, but he was still fairly productive considering he was hurt and his qb was hurt and our o-line sucked.

Seabirdz

Huddler
Reaction score
I have a feeling that they are dangling him out there in hopes to clear some cap space to sign Vincent Jackson. I honestly do not believe it has anything to do with Leinart.

Reaction score
Seabirdz;49951 said:
I have a feeling that they are dangling him out there in hopes to clear some cap space to sign Vincent Jackson. I honestly do not believe it has anything to do with Leinart.

There's no cap this year dude.

Reaction score
RockOutWithYourHawkOut;49965 said:
Yes, but there's still a limited amount of money they're willing to spend.
They also don't know what the cap will be like next year (If there is a new CBA).

S

Seattlehawk94

This has EVERYTHING to do with Jackson..

As for Losert, not saying we doing anyrgung with Housh to get him, just saying I think that cocksmoke ends up here...Think Loserman might have given Coach Self-Help an excuse last night..

Reaction score
Ouch.... Paul Allen is going to take a huge hit if we cut housh... About $15 mill plus the $12 mill we owe mora.

Reaction score
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5529209"]Seattle Seahawks to cut or trade T.J. Houshmandzadeh, start Mike Williams - ESPN[/ame]

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Cutting him would be dumb. We have to pay his salary. Might as well trade him and work something out with the new team like they pay $1 million and we pay $6 million or something. He's an above average receiver that someone has to want.

Reaction score
Number 18;49992 said:
Cutting him would be dumb. We have to pay his salary. Might as well trade him and work something out with the new team like they pay $1 million and we pay $6 million or something. He's an above average receiver that someone has to want.

That's not gonna happen now that teams know he's done one way or the other. No team is going to bite on him if they have to pay a significant amount of money, even $1M might be difficult to persuade a team -- They technically have til' tomorrow either find a suitor, or cut him, when they trim down to 53 players.

Reaction score
Number 18;49992 said:
That's exactly what I was thinking. Cutting him would still cost them at least $6 million.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
i hate branch with a passion... i do not understand y hes still on the team let alone our #2 WR... if were gonna waive anybody waive his overpaid punk ass plz

Top Bottom