• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

53 man roster

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
I'm a tad surprised you didn't have Tharold Simon on DBs list but the depth we have is stupid good so it's not that shocking. I think he could make roster if they decide Lane's ceiling potential isn't as high. It'll be interesting to see what happens though. I am rooting for Lotuleilei though. I hope he makes it.

Simon has hardly been on the field. Dude has been injured most of training camp and preseason.

Lane and Maxwell are not only studs on ST. They have shown that they are more than capable of being starting corners in this league. Lane and Maxwell rotated at starting corner opposite Sherman the last 4 games of last season. We went 4-0 with an average score of 42.5-10.75.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Simon has hardly been on the field. Dude has been injured most of training camp and preseason.

Lane and Maxwell are not only studs on ST. They have shown that they are more than capable of being starting corners in this league. Lane and Maxwell rotated at starting corner opposite Sherman the last 4 games of last season. We went 4-0 with an average score of 42.5-10.75.

Understandable but let's not forget Thurmond's injury past and looked how long we held on hope for him. I wouldn't be shocked if they did it again with Simon. If they believe in his potential I wouldn't be surprised if they kept him over someone else.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I think your list will be pretty closes to the final roster... give or take 5-8 spots.

Personally.. I like the new DT Sealver as our new Run stuffer He's got the size and would be in that spot until we know whats what with Jesse, I would take him over the aging and injuried T. McDaniel.
Probably an unpopular move for most, but I would add Spenser Ware, either letting Turbin, or Harper go.
He is a bruiser that could play both FB and RB on short yardage distances., and I thought he looked really good during the first two games. Turbin has just looked okay.

Percy on the PUP does not count against us correct?

OG/C Jeanpierre has been aweful from my couch, Im hoping there is better depth, of course Moffit was the only other center, so maybe we were stuck with him.

LB is a tough one cause I want to keep all those guys, and I dont think you can get Allen Bradford past the waiver wire.
I think if someone is on the outs there its Malcom Smith, or Heath Farwell. Lotulelei, Bradford, Schofield have shown they should be on this team.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Our rollover is shrinking and we have a few huge contracts to hand out right around the corner.
If Branch would have signed a 1 year deal then they conceivably could have snuck that year in without it negatively affecting cap space down the road when it comes time to re-up some of those key guys after '14 or whenever so a 1 year deal on Branch would have had no long term effect. Still the cheaper options are always better as long as they pan out and produce.

Speaking of that, on a side note the emergence of Christine Michael could be pretty significant because if he turns out to be for real then that probably means they won't retain Lynch after his current deal is up, which in turn will free up more cap space to re-sign some others with no significant drop in the running game.

The opportunity to win a Super Bowl will never be better than it is this year or next, as long as they get a high level of QB play from Wilson on the cheap it gives them quite a bit more breathing space under the cap that other teams don't get from that source. No other team except maybe the Niners, who have the same thing going on with Kaepernick. It definitely gives them an edge that won't last forever so the time to win is now. Not saying it all ends when they gotta start paying Wilson his market but it definitely tightens things up after that point. Same deal with Sherman.

Last edited:

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Lynch is a free agent in 2016, he will be 30 yrs old, and by then I would hope that we have his replacement. That could be christine michaels, and that could happen before the deal is up.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Blackmon and Kemp cut.

And the rest of the moves to get us to 75:

#Seahawks place WR Percy Harvin, DE Greg Scruggs & CB Tharold Simon on Reserve/PUP list; LB Korey Toomer on Reserve/Non-Football Injury list

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Lynch is a free agent in 2016, he will be 30 yrs old, and by then I would hope that we have his replacement. That could be christine michaels, and that could happen before the deal is up.
I agree. That's the best thing about it and would definitely open up some options for the Hawks. Clayton was talking earlier about Michael starting to look like he can be the best RB in the draft. Once again the pundits, and even a fair number of Hawk fans, questioned Pete and John about picking him. "What the heck are they doing? They're already stacked enough at RB." Well, we're seeing why. Add to that the fact that when they moved down from the 55th pick, they conceded both Eddie Lacy and Montee Ball before snagging Michael at 62. It's starting to look like exactly the kind of move that will give this team some longevity at the top if it works out like it's looking.
I'm not sure about anyone else but before the Hawks picked Michael I knew next to nothing about him. I really wasn't paying much attention to RB prospects because I would have never figured the Hawks would take one in the 2nd round. I think a lot of people didn't know much about Michael, he was a bit under the radar. Except for Pete and John's.
It's still early but I'm dialed in on Michael's progress from here on out, and Turbin's too but to a lesser extent.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree. That's the best thing about it and would definitely open up some options for the Hawks. Clayton was talking earlier about Michael starting to look like he can be the best RB in the draft. Once again the pundits, and even a fair number of Hawk fans, questioned Pete and John about picking him. "What the heck are they doing? They're already stacked enough at RB." Well, we're seeing why. Add to that the fact that when they moved down from the 55th pick, they conceded both Eddie Lacy and Montee Ball before snagging Michael at 62. It's starting to look like exactly the kind of move that will give this team some longevity at the top if it works out like it's looking.
I'm not sure about anyone else but before the Hawks picked Michael I knew next to nothing about him. I really wasn't paying much attention to RB prospects because I would have never figured the Hawks would take one in the 2nd round. I think a lot of people didn't know much about Michael, he was a bit under the radar. Except for Pete and John's.
It's still early but I'm dialed in on Michael's progress from here on out, and Turbin's too but to a lesser extent.

Literally, the only thing I knew about him before draft day was that he and the head coach of A&M had some disagreements and was put in the "doghouse" so to speak and was benched for awhile which I thought was funny. But on a more serious note, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he eventually becomes a top 5 back in the league. The dude just oozes talent and potential. And his preseason continues to prove it. I'm just glad to see his combine workout numbers are translating into the NFL and he' snot just a workout warrior.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Understandable but let's not forget Thurmond's injury past and looked how long we held on hope for him. I wouldn't be shocked if they did it again with Simon. If they believe in his potential I wouldn't be surprised if they kept him over someone else.
Sure. But he's on PUP now and has been for most of training camp. If starts the year on PUP, he won't be on the 53 man roster week 1.

Also, Thurmond was a first round talent that dropped because of his injury issues. Rightfully so.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
I think Michael is a stud. I think his injury riddled college career and spat with new coaching staff really dropped his stock. I think if he had been healthy for most of his college career and came out in say 2007, he would've been top 10 pick IMO. Backs just don't carry that kind of value these days.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
So Bradford should make the final roster. Dude just has too much potential.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
So Bradford should make the final roster. Dude just has too much potential.

Definitely. A little undersized maybe but he's solid. Were you tuned in on his post game interview? They were saying the Hawks consider him the most instinctual of all the Seahawk LBs. What's a MLB without good instincts? So I'd be pretty surprised if he didn't make it.

Reaction score
He's fast, tackles well, hits hard, and plays angry. I've been intrigued by his athleticism at LB for a while... Wouldn't mind seeing him start at SAM while Irvin is suspended.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
He's fast, tackles well, hits hard, and plays angry. I've been intrigued by his athleticism at LB for a while... Wouldn't mind seeing him start at SAM while Irvin is suspended.
Irvin looked legit last night. That tackle he had on Pryor was solid. Pryor tried to stiff arm him and Irvin just slapped his hand away and took him down for a loss. Bruce had a play almost identical to that against Cam Newton last season. I think we are going to miss him in that game the most.

Top Bottom