• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

53 man roster

Reaction score
Put together what you think the 53 man roster will look like. I'm going to post my version later this afternoon.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Ok, had to attach as a PDF. Apparently cant copy and paste out of Excel without it getting all screwed up.

Wasn't as difficult as I thought.

Attachments

• 53 man roster1.pdf
    64.6 KB · Views: 211
OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Carp could end up on IR, so that could free up a spot for another OL or a position somewhere else.

Reaction score
The 49ers just released Ricardo Lockette, do you think the Seahawks will pick him up and if they do, will he make the 53-man roster?

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
The 49ers just released Ricardo Lockette, do you think the Seahawks will pick him up and if they do, will he make the 53-man roster?
I don't know man. If he can't make a team hurting at WR, I can't see him making ours. We are pretty deep at WR IMO.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
You're leaving Allen Bradford off the team?
It was between him or Lotulelei. It was close, i just think Lotulelei has a slight edge. Just my opinion. I don't think much is known of Bradford outside of Seattle. I can see him landing on the practice squad.

What do you think of the rest of the roster?

Reaction score
I think Bradford has earned his spot. Other than that, I don't see anything that... Jesse Williams is an interesting omission.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Why do you feel Jesse Williams is headed for the practice squad? If he does end up there, that would be a major disappointment and now with Jordan Hill being hurt, it makes for some potential problems with the depth of the interior. The run defense was a major issue the latter half of the season and was a major factor in cutting the Hawks' playoff run short in Atlanta so with both Williams and Hill's status in question, it could be a potential trouble spot and something to keep an eye on.
Kinda missing Alan Branch right about now.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Why do you feel Jesse Williams is headed for the practice squad? If he does end up there, that would be a major disappointment and now with Jordan Hill being hurt, it makes for some potential problems with the depth of the interior. The run defense was a major issue the latter half of the season and was a major factor in cutting the Hawks' playoff run short in Atlanta so with both Williams and Hill's status in question, it could be a potential trouble spot and something to keep an eye on.
Kinda missing Alan Branch right about now.
Who would you replace on the DL (see attached roster)?
Williams has been injured, and from what I am hearing, he's been unimpressive when he is on the field.
I know Hill is out, but an oft-injured and ineffective Williams makes no sense. It will be interesting to see how McDaniel does tonight. Maybe he can shore up the other DT spot.
And him being a late round pick, injury prone and so far nonproductive, I don't see anyone trying to sign him off the PS. I Could be wrong.

And YES! We are missing Branch. Still have no idea why they let him walk. I said it before, should've traded Moffit to Buffalo for Branch lol.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
And him being a late round pick, injury prone and so far nonproductive, I don't see anyone trying to sign him off the PS. I Could be wrong.

Since he was a late round pick, it won't cost them much as far as resources invested so at least there's that. If he doesn't pan out though, the sting doesn't lie in what they'd be losing (a wasted 5th round pick) but in potential gains since there's been a lot of buzz and optimism surrounding him and his upside.
One thing that concerned me about Williams from the start though was that a lot of scouting reports talked about how top-heavy he is. An upper body monstrosity with no base or lower body strength to match. That doesn't seem very conducive to him being one of the few who can put their injury history behind them, especially with his injury involving his knee.
Still though, I'd be disappointed if he didn't pan out mainly because I also bought into the hype a bit. Call it homerism or whatever or just the overall optimism hanging over this franchise lately where things seem to have a knack for working themselves out.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Red is top heavy as well. That really isn't a concern of mine because the guy produced in one of the best defenses in a college football. I think his biggest knock has and always will be health.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Bradford looked like a stud on a few plays last night. I am swapping him for Lotulelei.

Reaction score
Not a ton of money, but money we couldn't afford to spend. Our rollover is shrinking and we have a few huge contracts to hand out right around the corner.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Didn't they give Bennett a 1 year $3mil deal? Anyways, might be a moot point after all. McDaniel dominated yesterday. Red also played inside a lot.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm a tad surprised you didn't have Tharold Simon on DBs list but the depth we have is stupid good so it's not that shocking. I think he could make roster if they decide Lane's ceiling potential isn't as high. It'll be interesting to see what happens though. I am rooting for Lotuleilei though. I hope he makes it.

Top Bottom