• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

3 words to describe this game

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Missing a 34 yard field goal in good conditions is unacceptable. He missed field goals last year, too. We just never happened to be in a position to win a game.

Reaction score
Man...two replays keep annoying the hell out of me. Both times the same thing happens. Bears are on offense and Fisher/Jennings run into each other, Hester scores the TD. Then on the 2PT conversion Fisher/Jennings run into each other, 2 PT conversion is good.

If they didn't run into each other that TD wouldn't have happened, at least on that play and that 2 PT Conversion might not have happened either.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
God damn refs.

The overturn of the fumble call was total bullshit, big momentum change. Shin was down? Whatever happened to incontrovertable evidence or whatever? I remember that screwing us in superbowl 40 for Rottenburgers rushing TD.

All the tv guys could say was that the Bears were smart to call the replay, because you never know when the refs will pull some bullshit. We tried it later, and it didn't work for us. (I guess so much for a make up call) Maybe that idiot head of referees will write us another letter.

I don't understand how the kicker missed those kicks either. Just making one of them would have been a huge difference. <sigh> kickers.

Sauce. He reminds me of Moon, playing for himself and not the team. He seems to pad stats to me, not taking a risk when he should, never running the ball when he can, and dumping to the backs and tight ends whenever possible.

At the end Housh was wide open and he dumped it to a back who was covered. Housh was visibly upset. You could almost read his mind, I wouldn't have signed here if apple sauce was the QB.

Some people say he is the same as when Hass was young. That might be true. I don't think we bench him, I just think if we had a Dilfer, we should start Dilfer. Since all we got is Hass (hurt) Sauce (young) and the 3rd stringer; we got to stick with Sauce.

Reaction score
On The Jim Mora Show, Jim Mora was talking about Wallace not running. He said it had to do with only having 2 playable QBs. He didn't want Wallace to risk an injury and then the team would only have 1 QB who happens to be a rookie.

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
on a lot of those plays he could have scrambled for 5-10yards (while risking taking a hit) but instead he found an open WR for 10-15yards.

Wallace does miss open WRs and does overthrow from time to time but he also makes good decisions

Reaction score
grow a pair Mora

Mora only calling out the K? Wallace throws a int right to a bear deep in our territory. A experienced BU and fill in started can't play like a 2nd string youth football player and NOT get called out too. Like what was said above his crappy dink and dunk throws short pad his stats then he missed 3 wide open guys and they were not even close. Teel better get more reps in practice he is the better passer. If the O doesn't shit itself in the first half the kicker never gets on the field except for the PAT :harvey:

Hawthorne played better than I had seen Tatupu play the last 2 years.....
Is 81 the only WR that showed up???????
Branch should be cut today!!!!!

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
lol dude it was Branch's first game back from injury. He really hasn't had a lot of time to work with the new offense and even less time working with Seneca.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
lol dude it was Branch's first game back from injury. He really hasn't had a lot of time to work with the new offense and even less time working with Seneca.
Branch has done nothing since he got here and is stealing PA's money and my patience
and the little buggerer can't even jump 4 inches to catch a f'n ball????? One of the few that Wallace had on target.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Re: grow a pair Mora

SeahawkWag said:
Mora only calling out the K? Wallace throws a int right to a bear deep in our territory. A experienced BU and fill in started can't play like a 2nd string youth football player and NOT get called out too. Like what was said above his crappy dink and dunk throws short pad his stats then he missed 3 wide open guys and they were not even close. Teel better get more reps in practice he is the better passer. If the O doesn't shit itself in the first half the kicker never gets on the field except for the PAT :harvey:

Many startering QB's have made the same mistake including matt on several occasions, roll out under pressure and try to do too much and end up getting picked in enemy territory. Hopefully he can learn from this game and improve.

If branch stays healthy, I like him in our line up.

Housh gotta stop talking, and start producing!

Burelson was open because he was a stud and had a lessor corner matched on him. He also played smart and found the "soft" spot in zone coverage.

What about the Heater?? Lofa my favorite LB better be step it up!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Re: grow a pair Mora

szat said:
SeahawkWag said:

Many startering QB's have made the same mistake including matt on several occasions, roll out under pressure and try to do too much and end up getting picked in enemy territory. Hopefully he can learn from this game and improve.

If branch stays healthy, I like him in our line up.

Housh gotta stop talking, and start producing!

Burelson was open because he was a stud and had a lessor corner matched on him. He also played smart and found the "soft" spot in zone coverage.

What about the Heater?? Lofa my favorite LB better be stepping it up to match those stats!

CalgaryHawkFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I was there - and the officiating was bullshit. It's like they were confused.

Between the called back fumble, and the turnover with the double-cancelled penalties (which took forever to sort out, and then they changed the call - I actually thought that we lost the ball, but that wasn't the case), and the 'there was no flag on the play' calls - what a bunch of crap.

Overall I was too busy screaming most of the time, and I have to watch the PVR version of it - But Curry did pretty well IMO - although he did seem to have a rookie moment when he totally whiffed and got owned by someone (I forget who) - whatever - I just like Curry -

Field goals, that was crap. He should have had those. No reason for it. I actually agreed with Mora's comments after the game. Great, he got 4 out of 6 - but he probably wouldn't have had to kick 2 of them if he would have made the slam dunks. Garbage.

There was one play - I think late in the 3rdQ - Kearney comes off the field, and he's just screaming at one of the coaches - anybody know what that was about (again, I gotta watch the PVR) - ?

Overall, I thought we did not too bad in the 1st 1/2 (there were moments, but at least we were in the lead). Then, I'm getting my garlic fries at halftime, it's running into the game, and I hear "turnover", and I'm like "here we go....." -

IMO, Julius and Nate carried what game we had on Offence. Having said that, I do love Housh - I don't know what the numbers say, but I love the non teddy-bear swagger he brings with him - I like the smack. Having said that - Nate is the man. They need to keep him off special teams though - it always makes me nervous.

Anyhow - I'm going to go do a sanity check on the broadcast version of the game. And, BTW, I'm sure the Green Jerseys are just as bad looking on TV as they were in person.

Guess I picked the wrong game to go to this year! I was on the Hawks side of the stadium, but generally surrounded by Bears fans - who I have to say, in the 4 games that I've gone to in the last couple of years - are the most disgusting fans that I have ever run across (and that's not just the loss talking - 3 of the 4 games that we've been to were losses - for some unknown reason).

Anyhow - peace out - Go Hawks!

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
According to KJR AM this morning, the NFL has contacted the Seahawks to apologize for two officiating errors in last Sunday’s loss to the bears. The first error was the overturned Forte fumble call on the one yard line. After league analysis, it was determined that it was a fumble and possession should have gone to the Seahawks. This eventually led to a Greg Olsen touchdown reception. The second error occurred on the game winning touchdown pass to Hester. The League has acknowledged that there was a false start on the right tackle that should have resulted in the standard loss of yardage and down replay. The go-ahead touchdown catch should have not have counted.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
WTF , is this true? Is there any confirmation of that? Thats a 14 pt. swing our way!

I knew the fumble was bs but the offsides? Im sure they wouldnt appoligize for that. :?:

S

Seattlehawk94

Fucking typical....

Erickson got that call after the Jets game in '98 and Holmgren got the same call after XL, the Baltimore clock game and a few others I'd like to block out.....

Unlike some of you, I like the Faiders for that reason....Us and them can relate to the league fucking us left and right by the zebras.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
According to KJR AM this morning, the NFL has contacted the Seahawks to apologize for two officiating errors in last Sunday’s loss to the bears. The first error was the overturned Forte fumble call on the one yard line. After league analysis, it was determined that it was a fumble and possession should have gone to the Seahawks. This eventually led to a Greg Olsen touchdown reception. The second error occurred on the game winning touchdown pass to Hester. The League has acknowledged that there was a false start on the right tackle that should have resulted in the standard loss of yardage and down replay. The go-ahead touchdown catch should have not have counted.
That's what happens when you get bad refs. It made absolutly no sense when they called Forte down when all they could see was his ankle/foot touching the ground and I'm glad the league came out, but it doesn't help if all they do is say they fucked up. Minus those two plays, the Seahawks could have won. Nothing like a 1-2 record to get the fans and team fired up. :roll:

Reaction score
Again a main reason I hate seeing refs that I don't know their names of! I hope he (Armando) never officiates another Seahawk game of his career! EVER!

mx510

Huddler
Reaction score
Unbelievable! Yeah sorry about ass raping you again Seattle! One of these days maybe the Hawks will someway be able to get even. Like if they do it again, send John Carlson across the middle and just clean OUT the damn zebra!

Top Bottom