• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2011 Draft Strategy...

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
If you absolutely had to trade picks in this year's draft, as the head coach, what kind of trades would you want to work for, and what position/or who would you take with the picks you traded for?

I'm asking because what I would do is trade our 25th overall for an early 2nd round and a mid to late 3rd. Then use the 2nd round pick we gained for Locker to develop behind Hass (if he resigns). and use the two third rounders on 1st, a CB, then the later one for a RT.

Thoughts?

PacWest

Huddler
Reaction score
No need to trade any picks ... Everyone seems caught up in worries about QB in this draft.

Also there is no need to worry about re-signing Hasselbeck.

I feel confident in our new Front Office that we will use our draft choices wisely in how we choose our new franchise QB. No reason to rush into it.

Charlie will serve us in the primary role and as the "Transition QB" just as well as MH would without the price tag.

For all of you that want to hang on to Matt, just let him go already , he is not our future anymore ... You will have to sooner or later ... Even if it is not on your terms.

Reaction score
PacWest;56471 said:
Also there is no need to worry about re-signing Hasselbeck.

Charlie will serve us in the primary role and as the "Transition QB" just as well as MH would without the price tag.

For all of you that want to hang on to Matt, just let him go already , he is not our future anymore ... You will have to sooner or later ... Even if it is not on your terms.

Dude come on... read what you wrote. Really? Charlie Fucking Whitehurst?!

Oh it's all going to be okay. Nothing to worry about. It's so easy to find a franchise QB in the draft. Yeah, that's why so many teams have em.

I can make peace with the fact that Matt might leave, but the fact that all we have is Charlie, sure as fuck isn't ok with me.

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
Charlie whitehurst is garbage. I'd rather pay him the other 5 mil we owe him to stay at home than pay him that much and have him play. he is horrible. No franchise quarterbacks in the 1st rd worth drafting thats why we go OL. Keep the 25th pick bulk up our line and go from there. No matter what quarterback we have we need a consistant run game and better protection for whatever QB we have under center next year.

PacWest

Huddler
Reaction score
Dude come on... read what you wrote. Really? Charlie Fucking Whitehurst?!

I know exactly what I wrote as I am the one who wrote it. Charlie Whitehurst is a good QB. At least he'll run or throw the ball away when under pressure. All Matt does is curl up like a little sissy and fall to the ground. Remember when he fell to the ground in our own end-zone and then fumbled giving the other team a touchdown(C'mon). Oh and how about 12 TD's vs. 17 picks, one of them being his 1st pass of the regular season, what a way to start the season for your team. Way off balance and too dangerous.

I don't really understand all of you Charlie haters and what basis you have to write him off so quickly. When he was given his opportunity to take all of the reps all week with the 1st team, he took that to the field and helped beat the Rams which gave us the Division title and took us to the playoffs.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think it comes from his performance(s) last year. Tough to be a 3rd string in San Diego to a 2nd string in Seattle and try to come in when you don't expect it.

Not saying I support Charlie as the QB, but I can understand fans frustrations and why they do not want him.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
I know exactly what I wrote as I am the one who wrote it. Charlie Whitehurst is a good QB. At least he'll run or throw the ball away when under pressure. All Matt does is curl up like a little sissy and fall to the ground. Remember when he fell to the ground in our own end-zone and then fumbled giving the other team a touchdown(C'mon). Oh and how about 12 TD's vs. 17 picks, one of them being his 1st pass of the regular season, what a way to start the season for your team. Way off balance and too dangerous.

I don't really understand all of you Charlie haters and what basis you have to write him off so quickly. When he was given his opportunity to take all of the reps all week with the 1st team, he took that to the field and helped beat the Rams which gave us the Division title and took us to the playoffs.

Did you happen to watch that Rams game or did you just see the final score? Charlie did a good job managing the game I will give him that, but that is all he did was manage that game. The defense is what won that game for us. It was the weakest gameplan I have ever seen from an offensive standpoint. Most of his throws were dump offs. That alone shows how much confidence Pete had in Charlie because he wasn't even going to try and open up the playbook that game. He had one very good play to Mike but other than that it was far from a stellar performance.

I get where you are coming from because I was extremely optimistic about the Whitehurst situation to begin with as well. I just don't see how anyone that watched him play last year thinks he would be a serviceable every week starter at this point.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Did you happen to watch that Rams game or did you just see the final score? Charlie did a good job managing the game I will give him that, but that is all he did was manage that game. The defense is what won that game for us. It was the weakest gameplan I have ever seen from an offensive standpoint. Most of his throws were dump offs. That alone shows how much confidence Pete had in Charlie because he wasn't even going to try and open up the playbook that game. He had one very good play to Mike but other than that it was far from a stellar performance.

I get where you are coming from because I was extremely optimistic about the Whitehurst situation to begin with as well. I just don't see how anyone that watched him play last year thinks he would be a serviceable every week starter at this point.

I love how everyone minimizes the Rams game? Yet when talking about Matt, its always, well he sucked because our O-line issues.... In the Rams game Charlie did what he needed to do to win the game, he doesnt just pull back and wing it downfield and hope for the the best, thinking he's mother fin Payton Maning. Dump offs are called "CHECK DOWNS", that is NOT the 1st read or the play call. For you to say that OC (not Pete Carroll) had no trust in Charlie is utterly recalculous, the the gameplan and execution was a sucsess. Also I was directly above (hawks nest) when Charlie threw that cross body pass for TD, It was a beautiful pass, which he showed tremendous patience and awareness on the play. Although he may not be a GOOD QB in the league, he could be a decent starter. Charlie is already paid for so IF matt doesnt come back, then I would not be upset with getting a rookie and starting Charlie as a "Transition QB" as PAC says.

How did this go from a draft strategy to QB conterversy?

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
I love how everyone minimizes the Rams game? Yet when talking about Matt, its always, well he sucked because our O-line issues.... In the Rams game Charlie did what he needed to do to win the game, he doesnt just pull back and wing it downfield and hope for the the best, thinking he's mother fin Payton Maning. Dump offs are called "CHECK DOWNS", that is NOT the 1st read or the play call. For you to say that OC (not Pete Carroll) had no trust in Charlie is utterly recalculous, the the gameplan and execution was a sucsess. Also I was directly above (hawks nest) when Charlie threw that cross body pass for TD, It was a beautiful pass, which he showed tremendous patience and awareness on the play. Although he may not be a GOOD QB in the league, he could be a decent starter. Charlie is already paid for so IF matt doesnt come back, then I would not be upset with getting a rookie and starting Charlie as a "Transition QB" as PAC says.

How did this go from a draft strategy to QB conterversy?

A lot of his throws were not check downs, they were short designed dump offs. And if you think Pete had nothing to do with that gameplan all week then you are crazy. I already gave him credit for that pass. But beyond that play, he was very underwhelming. It is not like they were playing Green Bay, they were playing St. Louis who was a part of the worst division in the history of the NFL along with us. How did he play in his first start against the Giants?

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
He completed one good deep pass to williams. that was it. all check downs and little houshmanzadeh like receptions..5-7 yards a piece

hydroboy40

Huddler
Reaction score
if we traded away our 1st rnd pick(720pts)&2nd rnd pick(330pts) to New England for#33(2nd rnd-580pts)#60(2nd rnd-300pts) and #74(3rd round-220 pts) would that be better than trading to Denver our 1st for thier 2nd(36) and 3rd(67)-giving us#36,57,67

Reaction score
if we traded away our 1st rnd pick(720pts)&2nd rnd pick(330pts) to New England for#33(2nd rnd-580pts)#60(2nd rnd-300pts) and #74(3rd round-220 pts) would that be better than trading to Denver our 1st for thier 2nd(36) and 3rd(67)-giving us#36,57,67
Patriots:
(Trade 1st) Move down 8 picks to #33
(Trade 2nd) Move down 3 picks to #60
Receive a 3rd Round Pick

Broncos:
(Trade 1st) Move down 11 picks to #36
Receive a 3rd Round Pick

Both trades aren't that great in my opinion. They should at least receive a 2012 2nd round pick in both trade scenarios.

hydroboy40

Huddler
Reaction score
Patriots:
(Trade 1st) Move down 8 picks to #33
(Trade 2nd) Move down 3 picks to #60
Receive a 3rd Round Pick

Broncos:
(Trade 1st) Move down 11 picks to #36
Receive a 3rd Round Pick

Both trades aren't that great in my opinion. They should at least receive a 2012 2nd round pick in both trade scenarios.
ok-with Denver having 2 second round picks would taking their #46 instead of 67 sound better to you ? (gives us 36,46,57 picks) all second rounders

Reaction score
ok-with Denver having 2 second round picks would taking their #46 instead of 67 sound better to you ? (gives us 36,46,57 picks) all second rounders
Seahawks Give:
1st Round Pick (25th)
2nd Round Pick (25th)

Value: 1120

Broncos Give:
2nd Round Pick (4th)
2nd Round Pick (14th)
3rd Round Pick (3rd)

Value: 1235

Looking at the draft pick values, the deal looks good, but I'm sure the Broncos will give up more on draft day if there's a player they like available at 25.

Top Bottom