• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

17 attempts for 123 yards....REALLY!

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
It amazes me what someone with heart and desire can do! Against the number 4 rushing Defense, J.F, puts up 123 yards.

WOW, how many guys said its our O-line? Hell I did! But it just proves, if you have a runner that has the desire and heart it can be done!

Time to clean the slate! Lets get rid of all the comfortable garbage and get guys with heart! This team has a bunch of nice guys that just dont have the heart! EFF THAT!!

Reaction score
I've said from Day 1 Justin Forsett is our future with a bright one that is! I could have told you his heart and desire is high from when I met him. This is why I love Justin and hope that he is in a Seahawk uni for years to come!

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Let's see him do it week in and week out. I don't think he can carry the load over a long period. Heart and desire only get you so far. I'm sick of hearing about it like it is the sole thing the Seahawks are missing.

Reaction score
With Julius Jones having blood in his lungs and a broken rib I doubt he'll be able to play for a few weeks at least. I'm hoping Forsett can help us salvage what's left of this season...

Uncle Tomahawk

Huddler
Reaction score
"Let's see him do it week in and week out. I don't think he can carry the load over a long period. Heart and desire only get you so far. I'm sick of hearing about it like it is the sole thing the Seahawks are missing."

No, you're hearing about it like its 1 of the biggest things missing not the sole thing missing. Julius Jones is quick but his leg strength and center of gravity arent anywhere near forsetts and shit, Rankin might have his number in the speed department. Whether or not Forsett is an every downer or not doesnt even matter anymore because him and Rankin could split carries, those two are beasts and Jones' spot is in serious jeopardy. Jones is a good guy but inconsistent and will never match his best season in Dallas. Keep those pac 10 runners in there.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Uncle Tomahawk said:
No, you're hearing about it like its 1 of the biggest things missing not the sole thing missing.

Just read some posts around here. People talk like heart wins football games over talent or solid execution. The psychological make up of a football does not let them play with no heart. It is just not how a competitor is built.

In terms of Forsett, Dave Wyman said it best: "Don't ruin the guy's career by trying to make him something he is not."

Granderson28

Huddler
Reaction score
"trying to make him something he's not"?????
what the hell does he have to do?

he is a big play threat every time he touches the ball...
he normally can break the first would-be tackle....
you cant say any of that about JJ without laughing

it took him 17 carries to do what Julius Jones has only done once this season.... a 100 yard game that is. I can't believe that anyone in their right mind thinks J.J. should still be starting or even touching the ball. and did you see his block on the goal line? it was one of the best RB blocks i have ever seen.

so what has he done wrong? what cant he do that anyone else back their can? enlighten me.

Reaction score
Granderson28 said:
"trying to make him something he's not"?????
what the hell does he have to do?

he is a big play threat every time he touches the ball...
he normally can break the first would-be tackle....
you cant say any of that about JJ without laughing

it took him 17 carries to do what Julius Jones has only done once this season.... a 100 yard game that is. I can't believe that anyone in their right mind thinks J.J. should still be starting or even touching the ball. and did you see his block on the goal line? it was one of the best RB blocks i have ever seen.

so what has he done wrong? what cant he do that anyone else back their can? enlighten me.
That block in the end zone was amazing. I've never seen a RB move that far and that quick to make a block.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah, Granderson. I'm going to take what YOU say over what professionals say. Show me one play where Forsett actually BROKE a tackle. Making people miss and getting TOUGH yards by breaking tackles are two different things. If he is so great, why didn't he get into the end zone from the 1 yard line?

He played a great game. I'm not saying he didn't. I'm saying I don't think he can sustain that level of play week in and week out for an entire season. And no where did I say I would prefer Julius Jones - although I have seen him get tougher yards than Forsett.

Granderson28

Huddler
Reaction score
yeah, you never said you prefer JJ. But a lot of people still do and I just dont get why. I disagree about the tough yards thing, call it what you want I think Forsett can get tough yards better than JJ. and Im not saying he's great just way better than anything else we got.

Youre right he didnt get in on the 1, but I havent seen JJ get in from there much this year either. I like JJ too, Im a Notre Dame fan but Im just sick of these 30 yard games.

If he cant get the job done, lets see what this guy has, our offense was moving the ball pretty nicely a few times and I dont think it would have been the same with JJ in there.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Forsset seized his oppurtunity and delivered.
Give some credit to the O line and scheme too though, I think as they are getting healthier and more reps they are becoming more consistant.
Not to take anything away from Forsett but we utilized him in a few 3 & long situations where Az was in pass coverage.

The coaches will continue to get JF in there more and more as he proves himself but I think JJ is still the starter.

Rankin has impressed me, I see him fitting nicely into this offense.

S

Seattlehawk94

Rankin and Forsett....Thunder and Lightning Part: Deux!!!!

Reaction score
I was way wrong on Rankin....
I never thought in a million years he'd make it in the NFL. He is fast. What is his 40?

Reaction score
Did anyone see the Ground Player of the Week on NFL.com? Jones-Drew had 24 carries, 123 yards and 1 TD. Forsett has 17 carries, 123 yards and 1 TD. Forsett's numbers seem better...

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
"he psychological make up of a football does not let them play with no heart. It is just not how a competitor is built."

Okay, guessing that was supposed to be "football player." ;)
(The mental image is pretty funny, tho.)

Forsett impressed me at the Detroit game but JJ did okay too. (I couldn't watch the AZ game thanks to stupid Fox because they thought I wanted to watch the Vikings/Lions instead! Not even our division.) I just hope both guys stay healthy.

Reaction score
Bru-Hed said:
"he psychological make up of a football does not let them play with no heart. It is just not how a competitor is built."

Okay, guessing that was supposed to be "football player." ;)
(The mental image is pretty funny, tho.)

Forsett impressed me at the Detroit game but JJ did okay too. (I couldn't watch the AZ game thanks to stupid Fox because they thought I wanted to watch the Vikings/Lions instead! Not even our division.) I just hope both guys stay healthy.

The lions vikings game was on before the hawks game and cut into it like 5 minutes. I was pissed, but the hawks game did come on eventually.

Top Bottom