• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

10 Candidates Emerge as Ruskell's Replacement

Reaction score
#ONE said:
phaZe said:
Holmgren will bring in Shaun Alexander, Jerramy Stevens, and Koren Robinson in the off-season.

...Holmy has an eye for talent. :lol:

Was Shaun not talented? He was a good back in his prime. And Koren wasn't a bad player, he was just a drunk.
I agree about Shaun, but he also had two of the best O-Linemen this decade blocking for him (Hutch/Walt).

Reaction score
phaZe said:
#ONE said:
phaZe said:
Holmgren will bring in Shaun Alexander, Jerramy Stevens, and Koren Robinson in the off-season.

...Holmy has an eye for talent. :lol:

Was Shaun not talented? He was a good back in his prime. And Koren wasn't a bad player, he was just a drunk.
I agree about Shaun, but he also had two of the best O-Linemen this decade blocking for him (Hutch/Walt).

True. But that should never take away from what Shaun did. I can't think of any REALLY good backs who aren't/weren't running behind a good offensive line.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Look at how Adrian Peterson's production has declined as his line has shuffled and gotten weaker.

Alexander was the first, and I believe only still, running back to have 15 TDs in 5 straight seasons. I'm pretty sure no one was bitching about Alexander's production in those seasons...

Reaction score
first cross off all the names that have worked or are working for the Seahawks. 2nd why in the hell isn't there someone from Indy on that list or Pittsburg those franchises always find someone in the later rounds that become a all pro in 3 years....

Reaction score
phaZe said:
Seahawk Freak said:
The more I think about this.......Who would take this job and not be allowed to bring in his own staff? I read that last week Mora sent an email to Leiwiki that endorssed Holmgren to come back. My guess is that he was thinking Holmgren would let him stay on as head coach.

SO my fingers are crossed.............GOOD BY MORA!
He will get one more year no matter what. Holmgren went 4-12 with pretty much the same team so you can't jump out and say it's the coaches fault when he doesn't call the plays on offense or defense. He also didn't sign/draft these pussies.

The best thing for the organization is to give him at least one more year. That's just one more thing we'd have to worry about this off season instead of going after free agents and getting ready for the draft.

Reaction score
#ONE said:
True. But that should never take away from what Shaun did. I can't think of any REALLY good backs who aren't/weren't running behind a good offensive line.

Barry Sanders had a seahawk type line in front of him.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Seahawks are seeking permission to interview the candidates. Should be interesting who grants them the permission, whose interviewed and ultimetely whose hired. Given these guys track records I think they may want their own guy calling the shots and that puts Mora's job on the hot seat. This is just my opinion and I haven't seen any fact to it happening, but I do think it's possible Mora is let go just like Gruden (late in the playoffs).

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Seahawks are seeking Eagles permission to interview Tom Heckert. He's currently in Cleveland interviewing for the GM spot there.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I would think that they wouldnt solicit De Costa until Ravens are done.. so might be a week or more before real decisions are made.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Tom Heckert has canceled his visit with the Seahawks.

Marc Ross a 35-year old Scouting Director for the Giants will be interviewed next week according to Reports. Along with his time in the Giants orginazition he's worked with the Eagles and Bills. Ross was the vital personnel in the selections of Kenny Phillips and the Giants defense in 2007.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
All gentlemanship aside, you know Holgrem is out prove that seattle FO made a big mistake.
Be fun to watch how it plays out.

This Ross guy, those wernt that great of picks for Giants were they?

Reaction score
they need to hurry up IMO this new GM has alot of film to look thru and coaches to grade. I mean he has to upgrade 18+ positions :harvey:

Top Bottom