• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Why are we keeping matt ?

Why are we keeping Matt

• He's worth the 9.9 mil he' gets next season

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The franchise needs him to keep a loyal fanbase during the rebuild

• His T.V. spots are bomb diggitt

• He's going to backup Wallace

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Seattlehawk94

SIS said:
bobflipaburger said:
Hass > Big Ben

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are right, Big Ben is a great QB...If you love watching a Trent Dilfer type who doesn't win games on his own and basically is there just to take snaps and turn around to hand it off..

He's much better that Matthew at that... :lol:

SIS

Huddler
Reaction score
Come on man..compare Ben and Matt's stats.
Ben has been in the league 5 years and Matt 10.

Ben 98 games
Matt 142

Ben 62.4 comp %
Matt 60.1%

Ben 14,974 yards
Matt 23,549

Ben 101 TD
Matt 147 TD

Ben 188 rush attempt 616 yards
Matt 257 rush attempts 960 yards

Ben 10 rush TD
Matt 5 rush TD

Ben 1905 pass attempts
Matt 3347

Matts highest QB rating is 98.2 in 2005 with 3459 yards 449 pass attempts
Ben highest Qb rating is 104.1 in 2007 with 3154 yards 404 pass attempts

In 5 more years Ben will have at least 1 more SB ring and overtake most of Matt's offensive statistics.....
Hatt plays in a West Coast offense and Ben plays in a run first offense....

Not even close.....

Reaction score
SIS said:
Come on man..compare Ben and Matt's stats.
Ben has been in the league 5 years and Matt 10.

Ben 98 games
Matt 142

Ben 62.4 comp %
Matt 60.1%

Ben 14,974 yards
Matt 23,549

Ben 101 TD
Matt 147 TD

Ben 188 rush attempt 616 yards
Matt 257 rush attempts 960 yards

Ben 10 rush TD
Matt 5 rush TD

Ben 1905 pass attempts
Matt 3347

Matts highest QB rating is 98.2 in 2005 with 3459 yards 449 pass attempts
Ben highest Qb rating is 104.1 in 2007 with 3154 yards 404 pass attempts

In 5 more years Ben will have at least 1 more SB ring and overtake most of Matt's offensive statistics.....
Hatt plays in a West Coast offense and Ben plays in a run first offense....

Not even close.....

Are you taking into account that Matt didn't even play his first few years?

SIS

Huddler
Reaction score
Then its 8 yrs to 5 yrs...games started:
Matt 103
Ben 71

Still, in a west coast run offense the stats are closer than you would think.

Reaction score
Just because he plays in a west coast offense doesn't mean he's going to get better stats necessarily and don't forget we've had about 2.5 million drops in his time here.

SIS

Huddler
Reaction score
lol...you cannot count drops, or badly run routes, or bad weather.......etc

My point is that Ben is simply not a QB who hands the ball off and does nothing else.
so then get rid of west coast/run philosophy...the stats are close....again... :?

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Hass > Big Ben

i'd much rather have Matt than Ben

Matt isnt as risky a QB as Ben, by that i mean by throwing stupid passes, or holding onto the ball too long

PS: fuck the steelers, robbing cunts

SIS

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Why can't you count drops? It effects completion percentage does it not?

Because the NFL does not.

I will keep Ben you guys can have Hass.....Have fun watching Ben the Horrible this Sunday!

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
If we didn't have matt I would take ben in a heartbeat...what he's done to this point in his career......keep in mind he didn't have fast willy for many a game this year and they still won

keep in mind he's started since day one and still very young to have done what he has

I am not a steelers fan but I like Ben ....not a man crush like SIS,, but I like the way Ben gets it done

S

Seattlehawk94

Idahawk said:
If we didn't have matt I would take ben in a heartbeat...what he's done to this point in his career......keep in mind he didn't have fast willy for many a game this year and they still won

keep in mind he's started since day one and still very young to have done what he has

I am not a steelers fan but I like Ben ....not a man crush like SIS,, but I like the way Ben gets it done

Part of Day 1...Tommy XFL Maddox got hurt and he came into the game for him.

Reaction score
Hasselbeck has had to play with less than spectacular WRs, RBs and Tight Ends. Steelers have Willie Parker, Hines Ward and a few other guys. You can't compare them.

Give Hasselbeck a good running game, 2 good WRs and a playbook that allows for the deep pass more often and you will be amazed...

SoCal Seahawker

Huddler
Reaction score
Matt is the best QB ever to wear a Hawk uniform, sorry Mr. Krieg. He's only got about two more productive years left. They HAVE to draft a QB this year to sit in the 3 hole behind Senaca and learn the offense. Bon voyage Charlie Frye. That was a poor experiment.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
LOL why talk about what ifs....or what happened at the superbowl..call me mindless, hell at least I don't live in the past or project stats with imaginary players we don't have its freaking crazy win or lose that superbowl is the best we got ...so I choose to remember the great season rather then stay bitter about something that is old news

were so far off topic here that its not even funny...why doesn't someone move this whole qb competion to another thread so the pouters and what if ers can run with it

Im going to the thread with tebow's girlfriends pic in it and ...well thats where I'll be

SIS

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe said:
Hasselbeck has had to play with less than spectacular WRs, RBs and Tight Ends. Steelers have Willie Parker, Hines Ward and a few other guys. You can't compare them.

Give Hasselbeck a good running game, 2 good WRs and a playbook that allows for the deep pass more often and you will be amazed...

What, LEAGUE MVP ALEXANDER and Stevens with over 500 yds and 5 td not enough...Engram and Branch? oh and giving up 1st round pick for Burleson?

Don't blame me..blame Ruskell.....Its called toughness and a willingness to put your team first.....and the Steelers WR's and TE have been soooo awsome! :eek:

Reaction score
SIS said:
phaZe said:

What, LEAGUE MVP ALEXANDER and Stevens with over 500 yds and 5 td not enough...Engram and Branch? oh and giving up 1st round pick for Burleson?

Don't blame me..blame Ruskell.....Its called toughness and a willingness to put your team first.....and the Steelers WR's and TE have been soooo awsome! :eek:
Why are you on a SEAHAWKS site when you're not a Seahawks fan? :lol:

Someone needs to learn to leave the nipple...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom