• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

we must be going 3-4

keelan71

Huddler
Reaction score
you would think if they were actually thinking of doing that they would have already started to put it together during springball. I dont see it happening

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;47919 said:
The LB they drafted is a 3-4 guy and the DT played in a 3-4
The LB they drafted is a 3-4 LB youre right, but as everyone knows in a 4-3 those guys play DE. They are going to most likely play Dexter Davis at DE. As far as the DT, who knows maybe they think he can play the 3 technique. I wouldnt for one second think just because of those moves we are going to a 3-4. It could be happening, I just dont see it happening.

Reaction score
They didn't draft a LB. They did draft Dexter Davis who played in a 3-4 as a DE, but that doesn't mean they will go to a 3-4 scheme.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe;47927 said:
They didn't draft a LB. They did draft Dexter Davis who played in a 3-4 as a DE, but that doesn't mean they will go to a 3-4 scheme.
Deter Davis is a 3-4 LB he is right about that. He will play DE for us in our 4-3 though. He is an edge rusher and will compete for some playing time.

Reaction score
dmarkholt12;47931 said:
Deter Davis is a 3-4 LB he is right about that. He will play DE for us in our 4-3 though. He is an edge rusher and will compete for some playing time.
Yeah, I was just saying he played DE in college and was drafted as a DE, but like you said he will play linebacker for the Seahawks.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe;47941 said:
Yeah, I was just saying he played DE in college and was drafted as a DE, but like you said he will play linebacker for the Seahawks.
Dude I dont think you are reading me right lol. He played a 3-4 outside LB in college for Arizona St. He will play DE for the Hawks not LB.

Reaction score
dmarkholt12;47965 said:
Dude I dont think you are reading me right lol. He played a 3-4 outside LB in college for Arizona St. He will play DE for the Hawks not LB.
I probably should have said I was saying "yeah" to you saying he will be a pass rusher.

Everywhere I looked has said he played defensive end at ASU. The guys on NFL Network were saying he would likely be a linebacker for the Seahawks. I can't remember if they said he would be a Mike, Sam or Will Linebacker though.

Seattle Times said:
Davis is 6 feet 1, 244 pounds. Davis played defensive end at Arizona State, but was projected as an outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme in the NFL.

The fact Seattle selects him would indicate the Seahawks are projecting him as the elephant, a roving pass rusher.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe;47967 said:
I probably should have said I was saying "yeah" to you saying he will be a pass rusher.

Everywhere I looked has said he played defensive end at ASU. The guys on NFL Network were saying he would likely be a linebacker for the Seahawks. I can't remember if they said he would be a Mike, Sam or Will Linebacker though.
I must have read something wrong somewhere along the way, you are right he played DE at ASU. Pete Carroll does use an elephant linebacker which is whaere he will be using Curry from what I have been hearing. I dont think Davis will see time at that position right away but should see significant time as a special teamer.

Reaction score
dmarkholt12;47971 said:
I must have read something wrong somewhere along the way, you are right he played DE at ASU. Pete Carroll does use an elephant linebacker which is whaere he will be using Curry from what I have been hearing. I dont think Davis will see time at that position right away but should see significant time as a special teamer.
Davis is the size of a linebacker and is actually about the same size of that safety we got in the draft. He could be used whenever they want to blitz. But like you said, his primary role will be as a special teams player.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
dmarkholt12;47971 said:

We went through 3-4 vs. 4-3 last week... we are running a 4-3, and the "elephant" position is a defensive end... Carrol did have a LB or two fill the elephant position in college, but the idea is it is a 7 or 9 technique fast DE in a standing position to be used as an edge rusher. This will be a great scheme for the fast yet under-sized Nick Reed, as well as our new Sun Devil.

Now we just need Carrol to get LoJack back into his USC form on the other side, and maybe some support from one of our other DEs and have a DT step it up. If that happens, this defense will be a beast to deal with.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
D Hawk;47987 said:
We went through 3-4 vs. 4-3 last week... we are running a 4-3, and the "elephant" position is a defensive end... Carrol did have a LB or two fill the elephant position in college, but the idea is it is a 7 or 9 technique fast DE in a standing position to be used as an edge rusher. This will be a great scheme for the fast yet under-sized Nick Reed, as well as our new Sun Devil.

Now we just need Carrol to get LoJack back into his USC form on the other side, and maybe some support from one of our other DEs and have a DT step it up. If that happens, this defense will be a beast to deal with.
I never said we are going to run a 3-4 because I know we will be running a 4-3 with an elephant. I have read (dont ask me to go find it because i dont even know if i could find it) that Curry will spend some time playing the elephant. He fits the description of an elephant, it is usually the best player on your defense and Curry is a prototypical pass rusher with his rare combination of size, strength and speed. If you watch the Cowboys play, Ware lines up as a stand up end or "elephant" quite a bit. Im not saying he will play there every down, but it makes sense to get our best player and pass rusher after the quarterback from that postion. I also think Dexter Davis can and will eventually play downs at that position as well.

Top Bottom