• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Underrated/Overrated Top 3!

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
This debate reminds of all the Morris talk that went on for years on this board. And what happened to Morris? Couldn't carry the load.

I like Forsett. I do. But I don't trust him in a premier role long term.

OP
squirreljack

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
this is waay different than the Morris/Alexander debates... Morris is just another quick back.

Forsett has talent. if we don't give him a chance he's going to go to another team and he will start for them and light it up. just like ahman green did in green bay.

he has just as much a chance to be great as any mid-first round pick we can get. give him the rock and let him roll. :p

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Ahman Green > Justin Forsett. And he was good here in Seattle. Better than Forsett is here. We gave Green plenty of chances and he fumbled them away, literally. It's too bad he couldn't figure out how to hold on to the ball here, because it would have been killer to have Alexander and Green in the backfield.

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
This debate reminds of all the Morris talk that went on for years on this board. And what happened to Morris? Couldn't carry the load.

I like Forsett. I do. But I don't trust him in a premier role long term.

Looks like Morris left you with some trust issues...... Well i guess Forsett will just have to fix that for you..

He is quick...... maybe not the fastest guy, but he has good acceleration, "QUICK" cuts and hits the hole (the small one that our OL can make.) quickly..... he is quick.

Reaction score
I agree with all of the Forsett lovers... Also When Forsett's the starter we'll find a cure for world hunger and AIDS.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
And I hope he does fix it for me. But in the mean time, I have no idea why I would trust an undersized back with average speed.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
I agree with all of the Forsett lovers... Also When Forsett's the starter we'll find a cure for world hunger and AIDS.

Yes exactly...

What the fuck are you talking about dude.

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
And I hope he does fix it for me. But in the mean time, I have no idea why I would trust an undersized back with average speed.

Alright.... so i think we agree that we will just have to wait and see.

Reaction score
EricOV said:
bobflipaburger said:

Yes exactly...

What the fuck are you talking about dude.

I think the obvious sarcasm pretty much speaks for itself.

Uncle Tomahawk

Huddler
Reaction score
oops, i didnt mean to say i thought 4sett was overrated, just trufag.

lol at ahman green over 4sett, you should take that act to the apollo. Youll kill.

Reaction score
Uncle Tomahawk said:
oops, i didnt mean to say i thought 4sett was overrated, just trufag.

lol at ahman green over 4sett, you should take that act to the apollo. Youll kill.

yeah you confused me for a sec....

Forsett is way underrated by the coaches

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Uncle Tomahawk said:

We were talking about at the time when Green left Seattle. Green at that time was way better than Forsett is right now. I would like to hope you wouldn't argue against that.

OP
squirreljack

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
the difference between all the debates with Ahman Green, Maurice Morris, and Forsett is that not many people were saying at the time that Green could be the long-term answer or Morris could be the long term answer... but they ARE saying that about Forsett.

and even if he only gets 60% of the carries in the future due to his size, i would consider that a "long term asnwer" just fine.

in a year from now half of us are going to look really stupid and the other half are going to look really smart about this...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Who is "they?" The only people I hear saying Forsett is a long term solution are fans. And when Alexander was faultering in 2006 and 2007, those same fans were calling for Morris to be the long term solution.

As for Green not being a long term solution at the time, that is not true either. Many people were dumbfounded when Holmgren traded Green away.

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
Who is "they?" The only people I hear saying Forsett is a long term solution are fans. And when Alexander was faultering in 2006 and 2007, those same fans were calling for Morris to be the long term solution.

As for Green not being a long term solution at the time, that is not true either. Many people were dumbfounded when Holmgren traded Green away.
The majority of fans see a guy perform better than someone else and instantly say that player is better and should start. People are also saying Hawthrone is better than Tatupu. :shock:

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I get that. But fans see a very small percentage of what analysts and coaches see. So my question is, besides fans, who thinks Forsett is the Seahawks long term solution?

What squirreljack describes in his last post is that Forsett is PART of the long term answer. Which is fine. But that is WAY different that saying he is THE long term answer.

OP
squirreljack

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
who cares what other analysts are saying about forsett right now. he is not going to get a lot of publicity out here when he only has 3 or 4 solid full games under his belt, in which he looked damn good.

so only the fans and some of the local media know about his talent for now... that is the whole reason i'm saying he is underrated.

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
I get that. But fans see a very small percentage of what analysts and coaches see. So my question is, besides fans, who thinks Forsett is the Seahawks long term solution?

What squirreljack describes in his last post is that Forsett is PART of the long term answer. Which is fine. But that is WAY different that saying he is THE long term answer.

I dont know if you have every watched NFL network.... but everytime they talk about the Seahawks.

They say.... "Forsett is doing Good...... Seems to me that every time he gets the ball he does something good.".....or " Great young guy with a lot of potential.." or " Seattle finally found some one to help them win some games." like the past four weeks they have been saying positive stuff about him and his ability.

man idk it seems like its not just locals at this point.

OP
squirreljack

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
true.

still think he's too slow? :shock: man, just look at the highlights. re-familiarize yourself with what he has done so far. he gets lots of yardage on his own, AFTER he beats the first defender in his vicinity. Ahman Green was kind of like that but Morris sure wasn't...

Top Bottom