• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Underrated/Overrated Top 3!

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
hey, let's start some arguments here!

too timid the last few days... give me your top 3 underrated seahawks (and reasons why if you need to make a point) and top 3 overrated.

Underrated
1. Justin Forsett - a lot of the yardage he gets is on his own. i really think he is our future at RB.
2. Leroy Hill - watch him. he is very powerful and makes good decisions. not flashy
3. Hawthorne - he is really starting to grow on me. i tried not to like him at first (i still really like tatupu), but he is very smart and tackles well

Overrated
1. Trufant - not sure i need to explain this
2. Jordan Babineaux - i know, he makes plays... but he also allows big plays. those two 80 yard runs Gore had last game were Bab's fault. he was the last guy to tackle him and he really shied away on it.
2. Tatupu - i didn't want to put him here but it was hard to find a 3rd guy... he's just a little overrated.

Reaction score
Forsett if anything is over rated because of all the seattle fans who think he could be a starter.

Trufant is NOT under rated.. I don't know what you're smoking. He play last season with a cast on his hand and this year he missed 6 games plus training camp and the entire preseason... I'd say it's very possible he's not completely back yet, in fact I don't think he is.

Also I fail to see how Babs is over rated... I mean he was a back up until this year for a reason and the only reason he's starting this year is because we don't have anyone else. Although I was hoping to see what Jamar Adams could do.

under rated:
1. Wrotto. Give him a chance Mora!
2. Hawthorne. Only because no one really knows about him.
3. I can't reallly find anyone else that I think is under rated... Maybe Lo Jack a little bit.

over rated:
1. Tatupu. Dude's getting out performed by a 2nd year undrafted free agent.
2. Kerney.
3. Cole. You sign a $30 million contract I expect production... He's been awful.

OP
squirreljack

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
i can't see why people think Forsett can't be a starter... all he does is produce. too small? maybe but let's see if he can handle it before we judge that. there are some small RBs who can be full-time starters.

i ALWAYS thought Trufant was overrated.

i only put Babs on there because a lot of fans like him as our starter. not saying he's bad, just saying he shouldn't start.

Kerney seems like he is playing hurt but maybe he's getting too old..

Reaction score
squirreljack said:
i can't see why people think Forsett can't be a starter... all he does is produce. too small? maybe but let's see if he can handle it before we judge that. there are some small RBs who can be full-time starters.

i ALWAYS thought Trufant was overrated.

i only put Babs on there because a lot of fans like him as our starter. not saying he's bad, just saying he shouldn't start.

Kerney seems like he is playing hurt but maybe he's getting too old..

Do you honestly think he can carry the ball 25 times a game? I love him in the role he's in now. Getting about 10 touches a game... Although I don't like him as a returner.

Why? dude's a great corner.

I agree with that, but I don't think that makes him over rated.

I think he's just getting old.

Reaction score
OVERRATED
Trufant is way overrated. He is paid like a top 5 shut down corner and he never has been :roll:
Tatupu makes calls OK but not a great tackler and gets manhandled by linemen
Griffith why is he starting? He is not a GREAT blocker for sure.
That moron that almost cost us the game by not catching another perfect ball thank you 83
Coaching where is Carlson in the O. Why can't the D get a little better by the end of the year? Nope they make bad QB's look like pro-bowlers :harvey:
Those guys on the Oline
Hill looked like a moron on the SF last drive losing contain again on first down no less.......

Underrated
Hawthorne duh

the rest are who we thought they were
a 6-10 team

Reaction score
Oh man.....

Today ticked me off... why the F did they keep running JJ?

that guy couldn't do anything the whole game.

Especially when we have a back up RB that has been great almost every time he got the Ball...

PUT IN FORSETT...I dont care if people think he is too F-ing small he already proved to the team he can run way better then JJ....Good GOD....Are the Coaches Blind.

.... its like they wanted to loose the game.... WTF

So i think JJ is overrated by the coaches.

And Forsett is underrated by the coaches.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Forsett if anything is over rated because of all the seattle fans who think he could be a starter.

Dude I am sorry..... but WTF is everyone's problem?

Why can Forsett not be an everydown back? Because he fucking produces better than any back on our team? Because he has a a 5.7 yards per carry average, 5 rushing TD's and has only started 2 games? Because he hits the hole 10 times quicker and harder than JJ? Because he blocks better than JJ (faggot just falls to the ground each time making pathetic attempts to "block")? Because he has better hands and vision than JJ? Because he is shiftier, even stronger, despite his size (I have never seen JJ drag several defenders for 5+ yards)? Because he doesn't always run out of bounds like JJ? I can go on if you'd like me to....

I really don't know why some of you are drinking the anti-Forsett kool-aid, but it's like you guys refuse to see that the guy is a play maker, a producer and he may not be an Adrian Peterson, Chris Johson, LT etc... he is hands down the best back on our team and I believe he can carry the load.

Don't even start on the whole he can't handle the load, he is short, but he is not small, he is 195, he is stocky and he can take the beating. Plus in this day in age, there is almost no team that has one back carry the WHOLE load... not even the Vikes, they put chester in there for a good 5-10 carries a game.

He blew shit up against the cards (at the time ranked 4th against the run), and the Rams... yes he didn't do much against the Vikes, but please tell me you think JJ (especially after todays performance) would have done better running behind our shitty O Line against one of the leagues best run D's... come on. He barely got the ball in the game, they barely ran the ball. When you are down 21-0 in the 2nd quarter not much happens in the way of running the ball. The whole offense was non-existent that day.

Give me some legit reasons for why Forsett can't be our starting back... if you still think so after todays game.

Quit fucking hating and give the man credit where credit is due.

Reaction score
#ONE said:
bobflipaburger said:

Why can Forsett not be an everydown back? Because he fucking produces better than any back on our team? Because he has a a 5.7 yards per carry average, 5 rushing TD's and has only started 2 games? Because he hits the hole 10 times quicker and harder than JJ? Because he blocks better than JJ (faggot just falls to the ground each time making pathetic attempts to "block")? Because he has better hands and vision than JJ? Because he is shiftier, even stronger, despite his size (I have never seen JJ drag several defenders for 5+ yards)? Because he doesn't always run out of bounds like JJ? I can go on if you'd like me to....

I really don't know why some of you are drinking the anti-Forsett kool-aid, but it's like you guys refuse to see that the guy is a play maker, a producer and he may not be an Adrian Peterson, Chris Johson, LT etc... he is hands down the best back on our team and I believe he can carry the load.

Don't even start on the whole he can't handle the load, he is short, but he is not small, he is 195, he is stocky and he can take the beating. Plus in this day in age, there is almost no team that has one back carry the WHOLE load... not even the Vikes, they put chester in there for a good 5-10 carries a game.

He blew shit up against the cards (at the time ranked 4th against the run), and the Rams... yes he didn't do much against the Vikes, but please tell me you think JJ (especially after todays performance) would have done better running behind our shitty O Line against one of the leagues best run D's... come on. He barely got the ball in the game, they barely ran the ball. When you are down 21-0 in the 2nd quarter not much happens in the way of running the ball. The whole offense was non-existent that day.

Give me some legit reasons for why Forsett can't be our starting back... if you still think so after todays game.

Sorry, I just like him more in the role he's in now. You're not going to change my mine so don't bother trying.

Uncle Tomahawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Agree with both statements that Trufag is super overrated and that Forsett is too, but only by Mora and the coaching staff.

How much pain are you in when you watch Jones runs. 9.5 on the old 1-10 scale for me.

We should have picked up Jonathan stewart.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
#ONE said:
bobflipaburger said:

Sorry, I just like him more in the role he's in now. You're not going to change my mine so don't bother trying.

Dude, which role has he been more productive in?

When he starts, we actually have a running game.. something we haven't had since 2005...

Forsett > Jones.. This is not a disputable statement.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
LOL @

#ONE said:
When he starts, we actually have a running game.. something we haven't had since 2005...

Come on. Forsett run for over 100 for two games. Even Alexander did that in 2006 and 2007. And Jones has done that several times while here. I think both Jones and Forsett suck as premier backs, because neither are. We shouldn't have let Weaver go. Just like the rest of the Seahawks, we have a bunch of number twos right now, and no number ones.

If you want to know why Forsett is not starting over Jones, you need only to look at one column: the fumbles lost column.

Reaction score
Did i say I like JJ anywhere? Maybe Forsett is the better of the two backs, but that doesn't mean is an NFL caliber starter. We need a back to take the brunt of the carries. But we need a couple big bad ass OL first.

OP
squirreljack

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
Forsett gets 5.5 a carry and fumbles once every 45 carries

Jones gets 3.6 a carry and fumbles once every 70 carries

i would much rather have Forsett in there...

fumbling once every 70 is about average. but Forsett can be taught how to protect the ball better and a good way to do this is by starting NFL games.

i think Jones would make a good backup but he can't start.

any more underrated/overrated players we want to pick on?

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
If Forsett is the best we got at RB then Ruskell should be fired............

Wow dude he resigned like a week ago...

Where have you been......

You know i cant wait until Forsett proves all you haters wrong, then you will all be happy as fuck that we have him.

That will be a good day.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
EricOV said:
You know i cant wait until Forsett proves all you haters wrong, then you will all be happy as fuck that we have him.

That will be a good day.

You're telling me that you think he is a legitimate number one running back that can be mentioned in the same groups as LT, Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson, Frank Gore, Steven Jackson, Brandon Jacobs, Rashard Mendenhall, Ray Rice, Steve Slaton, or even Beanie Wells? Really?

I will be happy if he proves me wrong. But I don't see him as a long term viable option.

Reaction score
why? just tell me why you think that he cant do it.....

he is quick, hits the holes and not easy to bring down... Despite his size.

I see him as our best long term option.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
He is NOT quick. His 40 times were awful.

Our best long term option is him as a back up to some other running back currently not on the Seattle Seahawks.

OP
squirreljack

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
he is VERY quick. the one thing that stands out about him above all else is he is VERY quick.

40-yard dash times are for straight-line speed. not about quickness.

another guy who had almost the exact same number in the 40 is Brian Westbrook, who oddly enough reminds me of Forsett more than anyone else i've seen.

Top Bottom