• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

TJ?

JGleas

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Uh... I really don't think we have the cap room for this guy
Cap is going up a solid amount, once again, this year. From what I understand, it should be enough to open up at least one solid-big signing or re-signing for a team. If the Cowboys can fit all their salaries under the cap (though, a good amount of them, specifically Tony Romo's, are structured to increase once the CBA ends a la, no Salary Cap), I think the Seahawks could find a way even with T.J. ;)

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Ok let's say this... Crabtree... TJ and Branch as our No. 3 :) Wow I like the thought of that.

WOW

IF and I mean IF we win a game we'd have to avg35 pts a game. Oh wait we might score 6 pts and give up 40 and go 0-16 because who is gonna block/protect the QB's. Warm up Frye :roll:

hawkman2420

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm so tired of reading about how bad our O-line was last year. Considering the injuries we suffered, along with the lack of a running game I'd say we did pretty damn good. Look at the numbers, we allowed 36 sacks. That was 13th in the league(The Steelers a superbowl team allowed 49, 4th in the league). Not that great but not that bad. Yeah I realize Walt is old, but Mora has said he doesn't like drafting O-lineman, plus we can easily fix our O-line for a pretty cheap price in free agency.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Ok let's say this... Crabtree... TJ and Branch as our No. 3 :) Wow I like the thought of that.

They wouldn't take crabtree if we got TJ why add two recievers and not address other areas ...great idea but never gonna happen

Reaction score
Idahawk said:
Hawk096 said:

They wouldn't take crabtree if we got TJ why add two recievers and not address other areas ...great idea but never gonna happen

Exactly, for the beginning of the season our receivers would be

Branch
Crabtree or TJ
Engram in the slot... if he re-signs
Burleson

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
More than likely Cinci is going to let 85 go and will franchise T.J. if they cant get him signed.

I like Crabtree, Branch, Burleson and Marques Colston at WR

Haynseworth would be a huge gain, but not sure is the Hawks will go after him, he really has not shown to be a class guy.

Reaction score
Seahawk Freak said:
More than likely Cinci is going to let 85 go and will franchise T.J. if they cant get him signed.

I like Crabtree, Branch, Burleson and Marques Colston at WR

Haynseworth would be a huge gain, but not sure is the Hawks will go after him, he really has not shown to be a class guy.

I think he actually is a decent guy who made one really bad decision.

Reaction score
TJ will get looked at. I'm pretty sure Cinncy has said they will not franchise him so either long-term or FA. I think we can offer more then San Fran (also said to be interested). We have a QB that can make plays. We have an offense that was bothered by injuries and will rebound next year. We have a defense that can be a top 10 if our secondary can control the pass. I think the only question will be can we compete with the little cap we have? Less TJ takes less up front and saves a lot for after 2010 when the cap goes (if it pans out which looks likely).

Reaction score
Sporting News did their top 10 FA's and TJ is No. 7. According to them they think Seattle, Miami and SF are the three teams that have the best shot of landing him.

Reaction score
TJ was on NFL Radio today and talked highly of Seattle. He said three things he will look into when a team offers him a deal:
-Money
-Winning
-Quarterback

He spoke highly of the Seahawks winning the West in the past. He also said he would like to play with Hasselbeck and respects him as a player and person. Then he went the distance to saying he would be intrigued to play for a players coach like Mora.
Sadly I don't have the link I was driving when it was on.

Having said that I remember when I met Mora in Miami this year. He's a players type of coach. I think he will do fine with us. The players love him as it was obvious by their interractions with him in the hotel.

Top Bottom