• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

This place is dead ?

Idahawk

Reaction score
I don't know what the problem is but it's not worth even coming to any longer , enjoy the playoffs ( crickets chirping)

BeerBeak

Huddler
Reaction score
I am the new kid, spent tail end of 'last' season, last winter and Spring still tied to a 45 year allegiance to another team.... made the switch to here after the first S.F. Game. the posting volume here is about 5-10 % of the daily, weekly posts that I am used to ... so, I agree it is a pretty dead place.
Which makes no sense at all... this place should be rockin' !

Not enough alcohol is my guess

Hawkstar

Huddler
Reaction score
Hey all!

I've been a casual viewer of this site for years now, but I had never registered. I had always been content to read the banter between fans and sometimes even rivals. I felt that since, as Idahawk has pointed out, it seems pretty dead here lately that I would get off my lazy butt (or stay on my lazy butt, actually) and contribute to the conversation.

I've been a Seahawks fan my whole life, with varying degrees of commitment (every fan knows that it is sometimes difficult to get behind your team). I have spent afternoons after a loss trying to drink my heartbeat back down to a comfortable level. 2005 was an extra-special year and revitalized my love for my home team (which, admittedly, had been slowly growing the previous couple of seasons). Having watched more closely the last several seasons (and off-seasons) since then, I have to say that this 2012 team took me by surprise. That is not to say I didn't expect them to be good; rather, the teamwork and togetherness of this group is probably the best I've ever seen from them. (One great indicator for me was Marshawn scooping up that fumble and running 20 yards. That was a heroic play that exemplifies how these players have each others' backs.) Personally, there is a level of confidence I feel that I didn't have even during that 2005 run; not smack-talk confidence, but a belief that our team can go all the way this year, and maybe the next few years.

Idahawk, I'm sorry that so many people just want to fight. I can't help but read the comments at the bottoms of pages like NFL.com, ESPN.com and all the others and people just want to bag on each other because they are relatively anonymous. Better, probably, that they're doing in there and not here, though (unless I've missed some raging).

I don't expect that my joining up will breathe any new life into this site, but I figured I should stop sitting on the sideline, watching as a great fanbase and what has been a generally great conversation on this forum dries up and blows away.

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
This site has not been the same since the implosion a few years back. I miss the old Huddle!

S

Seattlehawk94

Most of us hide out on Facebook and lurk here..

Stuff seems to be posted over there within seconds of happening..That's the reason I think it's been so scarce lately....And over there you can't hide behind a screen name..

Love the Huddle but love the convenience..That and everyone get's along or takes it in stride...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Hey all!

I've been a casual viewer of this site for years now, but I had never ......

Thanks for 'coming out' so to speak. I think there is a few ppl like you that just come to observe or get a chuckle at the few outspoken here. Thanks for your participation- we need more of you!

As far as 'o5 vs. '13 hawks, its a great discussion. The '05 hawks to me were Holgrem built team built through the draft up to 2005 focusing on Oline, QB that knew the holmy system, and a couple of great rookie LB's. (Hill/Tatupu).

This '13 team, who is extremely young, seems to have just 'arrived' on the scene due top rated defense, run game, and an unpresidented play of a rookie QB. It reminds me of GB when they won the SB (except for the A. Rogers).

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Most of us hide out on Facebook and lurk here..

Stuff seems to be posted over there within seconds of happening..That's the reason I think it's been so scarce lately....And over there you can't hide behind a screen name..

Love the Huddle but love the convenience..That and everyone get's along or takes it in stride...

cool sound great , give us all the hook up.

Top Bottom