• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

This place is dead ?

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
I was confident posting on this page or discussing the team would jinx them. The way today's game started was not a surprise. The way they responded in the second half was amazing. To take the lead at all was a huge accomplishment. Hats off to Atlanta, they played a great game and did what they had to do to win. This is all I'm posting as far as negative, just need to get it off my chest before the positive stuff can really be felt.

1. Going for it on fourth down in the second quarter? Way to gut-check your defense PC. Should've been a field goal. Really wondering why we signed Longwell if that's the decision there. Those 3 points could've come in handy.
2. RW taking a sack at the end of the game with no time-outs? RG/C allowing an unblocked lineman in the pocket? Another 3 points lost.
3. Ref's called it loose, and provided home cooking for the Falcons. I guess I can't complain SO LONG AS WE GET THAT TOO. The problem is that until this season I can't recall a time when we got home cooking.
4. Lynch two more fumbles? Seemed to lack explosiveness and I won't be surprised to hear his injury is worse than advertised.
5. The defense was not good today. ET made some plays, but overall they allowed way too many points. I know the offense overcame the deficit, but the defense just couldn't do it when they HAD to.

That's it, I'm done with criticism. If I missed something I'll be glad to hear it.

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
Definitely a lot of things that could have gone a little differently and made a huge difference. For me it's as simple as we need to win more games and get home field advantage. The team played admirably on the road at the end of the season, but there is no way we are spotting anyone 14 or 20 points at our house, and all that traveling had to have something to do with it. I think the absence of Clemons was noticeable too. But still, we almost snuck out of there with a win. Was a disappointing end to the season for sure, but we have a lot to be proud of and a lot to look forward to in the coming seasons. This team definitely has the potential to bring home the Lombardi. And now I have a whole year to save up for Super Bowl tickets so I don't have to mortgage the house next week! Was looking forward to cashing my Vegas sports book ticket though. GO HAWKS!

SEA#FENSE

Huddler
Reaction score
Well I have been gun shy to reply right away since I'm still in mourning. My phone has been blowing up from friends but have not answered it in two days and they know why. My emotions rise and fall as the season does. As soon as they went to commercial before we got the last kickoff I shut the box off and couldn't absorb any more NFL. Six more downs and I would have been swinging from a rope. I didn't even watch the Pats/ Texans game and I never miss the playoffs. Somehow this was worse than "We want the ball and were gonna score". I think its because that team had an identity and veterans like Jones and Hutchinson and Hasselbeck who had gone to Favre college, all of which had been pro bowlers at one time or another. And a solid experienced coaching staff. But this team wasn't expected to beat the practice squad, (by the media) let alone make the second round via a wild card. The first two weeks our offense looked like the 2000 Ravens with Dilfer at QB, barely contributing to the overall game in general. Then to rapidly see them start to gel as a whole, on the fly, was like a re enactment of an old NFL films reel where everything falls into place. Like a horror movie. I waited for a major disaster, because this positive turn of events was too good to be true and being a Die Hawk Fan this optimism wasn't how we were raised and didn't know how to react towards it. My hats off to the franchise from the front office down. Russell Wilson was meant to be a Seahawk. That's how the stars were aligned, period. Like Zach Thomas or Tom Brady or even Jerry Rice, those acquisitions fall from the sky not from your War Room staff. I PRAY TO GOD that NONE of our coordinators gets a head coaching offer either in this league or college. I know there is always room for improvement but what we need the most and is the corner stone of any dynasty is CONSISTENCY. Then, and only then, will we be able to raise the silver icon high and our heads higher. Thanks for the "vent" Men.

PS. Only 7 months, 3 weeks, 5 days, 21 hours, 50 minutes and 43 seconds until week 1 opening day kickoff.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
This one is going to sting for awhile, because this team was so red hot and was unstoppable when they got in a groove. But I think you nailed it, we needed more CONSISTANCY on both sides of the ball, more ballance, more displine and some of that will come with experience. Hang in there SEA#FENCE, Combine is coming Feb. 20.

Top Bottom