• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Number one D in the league?

OP
Patriots Nation

Patriots Nation

Huddler
Reaction score
I said that?? Really?

I said, if you don't know much about them (just like the rest of the country), you will be surprised. I will give you a measuring stick. In the last four weeks we have played Tony Romo, Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton (all 3 threw for over 4000 yards last year). In the last four games, the Seahawks defense has allowed only 2 touchdowns. Only one of those was a passing TD (by Romo). Rodgers was held to 0 passing TDs for the first time in 20 games. Rodgers was sacked 8 times-in one half. Cam threw for 141 yards (career low) – most of those came in one drive that ended on a turnover of downs at the goal line. I believe it was the panthers only trip into the red zone.

I don't know about inferior teams. We have played two NFC West teams (all the teams in our division currently have winning records). One of those inferior teams, AZ, beat your Patriots in NE. GB, and Dallas aren’t door mats either.

We have the biggest and most physical corners in the game. Browner (6’4” 220) and Sherman (6’3” 195”). They have made pro bowl receivers look futile. If you don’t believe me, look up stats for Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Miles Austin, Dez Bryant, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith vs. the Seahawks this year. Simply dismal stats. We have the best duo of Safeties in the NFL RIGHT NOW. Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor. I challenge you to find a better unit – and back it up.

The front seven are simply dominant. There is no other way to describe them. I promise you, if you don’t already, you will know the names Chris Clemons and Bruce Irvin very well by the end of the day Sunday.

There you go. Didn’t make any promises to you about whether or not your offensive line will be dominated. But, you can draw your own conclusion based on what I provided. Good luck this weekend. I’m sure Belichick will have his guys prepared to bring their best. I can promise you this though, if we lose, it most certainly will not be because of our defense, but rather our offense or lack thereof.
so lets see...Dallas Sux this year.... Carolina sux this year..and you should be embarrassed to even bring up the green bay game...for all intents and purposes you're a 2-3 team and got away with one....as I've said half a dozen times..this is more of a measuring stick for your team than mine,,,,,all the chest pounding and stat spewing get's you no respect...win the game...then you get props. You are no different than all the other fan bases that wants to shit on the most dominant team of the decade...sad thing was...we went the the SB last year with the worst D in the league and now are D is 10 times better.....you gotta put points up on the board to win it.......best secondary in the league....go ahead..stop Gronk....welker and even Branch..not to mention Lloyd.....I think your secondary will lead the game in tackles..only because our RB's are going to be tackled in your secondary.....

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Why should we be embarrassed to bring up the Green Bay game? Last time I checked, the league keeps changing rules to protect its Golden Boy Brady (Tuck Rule, shots at knees). Talk about embarrassing.

OP
Patriots Nation

Patriots Nation

Huddler
Reaction score
Uneducated bandwagon fans. What's new?
May I quote our coach.."Stats are for losers..they mean nothing from week to week. You gotta go out there and preform on a consistent basis......."...right now..Seattle are wannabes...prove to us you're not just a fluke!!!

OP
Patriots Nation

Patriots Nation

Huddler
Reaction score
Why should we be embarrassed to bring up the Green Bay game? Last time I checked, the league keeps changing rules to protect its Golden Boy Brady (Tuck Rule, shots at knees). Talk about embarrassing.
Why should you be embarrassed to bring up the green Bay....fake refs debacle??.....I'm sure I need not go into that...it was a piss poor call that eventually got the real refs back..... That, the Patriots are happy about.....lol.....
and what does one thing have to do with another.....did they change the rules for you to win...the officiating fucked up..lol...you're not gettin props for that win...from ANYONE in the league.....as far as Brady.....he's got 3 rings..he's proven himself and will be going into the HOF......after 3 more SB victories....lol!!!

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Why should you be embarrassed to bring up the green Bay....fake refs debacle??.....I'm sure I need not go into that...it was a piss poor call that eventually got the real refs back..... That, the Patriots are happy about.....lol.....
and what does one thing have to do with another.....did they change the rules for you to win...the officiating fucked up..lol...you're not gettin props for that win...from ANYONE in the league.....as far as Brady.....he's got 3 rings..he's proven himself and will be going into the HOF......after 3 more SB victories....lol!!!

I love it when people keep running their mouths and prove how stupid they actually are. Everyone around the country put the blame on the refs, said the Seahawks did nothing wrong, and gave props to the 8 sacks we laid on Rodgers. Last time I checked, we don't route for the refs. So because they screwed up, doesn't take anything away from how my team played that day.

Like I said, I expect a fan of the team the league chose to manufacture a dynasty for to be a bit more sympathetic.

Reaction score
so lets see...Dallas Sux this year.... Carolina sux this year..and you should be embarrassed to even bring up the green bay game...for all intents and purposes you're a 2-3 team and got away with one....as I've said half a dozen times..this is more of a measuring stick for your team than mine,,,,,all the chest pounding and stat spewing get's you no respect...win the game...then you get props. You are no different than all the other fan bases that wants to shit on the most dominant team of the decade...sad thing was...we went the the SB last year with the worst D in the league and now are D is 10 times better.....you gotta put points up on the board to win it.......best secondary in the league....go ahead..stop Gronk....welker and even Branch..not to mention Lloyd.....I think your secondary will lead the game in tackles..only because our RB's are going to be tackled in your secondary.....
This is what makes me chuckle? "Who is going to stop Gronk?" L-O-fucking-L!! You really don't know what you have coming to ypu bro!! Our fucking SS Chancellor is about to become Gronks worst fucking nightmare (see Todd Heap get laid out last year). Ask Jason Witten why he dropped so many balls week 2... Heard the boogy man's footsteps.

I promise you none of your receivers or TEs will crack 100 and your backs wont even come fucking close.

Dude I told you... IF your Pats win this game, it will not be because of your offense. Just wait brother.

Reaction score
May I quote our coach.."Stats are for losers..they mean nothing from week to week. You gotta go out there and preform on a consistent basis......."...right now..Seattle are wannabes...prove to us you're not just a fluke!!!
This fucking clown! Quoting Belichick. Cause if Billy says it, it must be true.... You've got something on your chin there sport.

S

Seattlehawk94

If The Hoodie says it...It is true....

Anyone who is a fan of a team coached by Cheat can never accuse anyone of having a liar for a coach...

Hey Patboy, what do you guys think of Micromachine Man?

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what Bellichick is known for, honesty... Give me a break dude. Just look at the guy's injury report every week.

S

Seattlehawk94

I'd trust Bellie more than Carroll....Carroll lies when he says "Hello"....Guy wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on the ass and gave him a handjob like it was a coed in Malibu...

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
Anyone else notice that every PAT fan is the same? Brady is not a god.. But stay on your knees son.. Brady hasn't played against a defense like ours yet.. oh wait he did AZ.. and how did that game turn out for you? FYI.. our defense is better than AZ.. keep running your mouth just remember your on your knees and something might happen.. bhahahahahaha

S

Seattlehawk94

Anyone else notice that every PAT fan is the same? Brady is not a god.. But stay on your knees son.. Brady hasn't played against a defense like ours yet.. oh wait he did AZ.. and how did that game turn out for you? FYI.. our defense is better than AZ.. keep running your mouth just remember your on your knees and something might happen.. bhahahahahaha

Like you get on your knees for Rustbucket? At least Tommy Jonas has a ring....Ommpa Loompa's only ring he will ever own is the one that he got from the Scream mask on his wedding day...

Reaction score
Here's Belichick's take on the defense his No. 1-ranked offense will face on Sunday, from a conference-call interview this morning:

"They're the top defense in the league for a good reason. First of all, they're very well coached - Pete (Carroll) does a great job, we all know that. They've been strong against the run, taken the ball away a lot, caused a lot of fumbles. They've got a real good pass rush, good pass defenders. A lot of good players.

"Really impressed with the front. Red Bryant and (Brandon) Mebane, they do a great job in the running game. (Alan) Branch, he's solid in there, too. (Jason) Jones, (Chris) Clemons, (Bruce) Irvin, (Greg) Scruggs, those guys can all rush the passer. Their linebackers are fast. (Leroy) Hill, (K.J.) Wright, (Bobby) Wagner, those guys they get to a lot of ball, they don't get blocked very often and they close space in a hurry. Probably the biggest corners in the league (Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman). (Marcus) Trufant is an outstanding player who comes in for them on the nickel. (Kam) Chancellor is a big, physical force in there at safety. And Earl Thomas probably is as good a safety as we've played against. He's got great instincts, vision, speed, ball skills. I mean he's a real playmaker back there.

"It's a real good defensive football team. There's no doubt about it."

^ Straight out of the horses mouth. I know all coaches talk up their opponents leading up to the game. But when a coach names all the defensive players by name it tells me hes been spending lots of time watching film and getting to know them very well. Like I said, @patsfan, you will too by the end of Sunday :)

Top Bottom