• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Number one D in the league?

Reaction score
Do you not know much about them? It's almost more fun if you don't. You're in for a surprise. Just ask Aaron Rodgers ;D

OP
Patriots Nation

Patriots Nation

Huddler
Reaction score
So you're sayin that our offensive line will be dominated by your D?....hmmm..interesting. I know you have played some inferior teams...but like I said in another thread...this game is a measuring stick as to what you think your D is...There is always a weakness and a counter to a good D....This is Bill belichick we're talkin about...

Reaction score
So you're sayin that our offensive line will be dominated by your D?....hmmm..interesting. I know you have played some inferior teams...but like I said in another thread...this game is a measuring stick as to what you think your D is...There is always a weakness and a counter to a good D....This is Bill belichick we're talkin about...

I said that?? Really?

I said, if you don't know much about them (just like the rest of the country), you will be surprised. I will give you a measuring stick. In the last four weeks we have played Tony Romo, Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton (all 3 threw for over 4000 yards last year). In the last four games, the Seahawks defense has allowed only 2 touchdowns. Only one of those was a passing TD (by Romo). Rodgers was held to 0 passing TDs for the first time in 20 games. Rodgers was sacked 8 times-in one half. Cam threw for 141 yards (career low) – most of those came in one drive that ended on a turnover of downs at the goal line. I believe it was the panthers only trip into the red zone.

I don't know about inferior teams. We have played two NFC West teams (all the teams in our division currently have winning records). One of those inferior teams, AZ, beat your Patriots in NE. GB, and Dallas aren’t door mats either.

We have the biggest and most physical corners in the game. Browner (6’4” 220) and Sherman (6’3” 195”). They have made pro bowl receivers look futile. If you don’t believe me, look up stats for Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Miles Austin, Dez Bryant, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith vs. the Seahawks this year. Simply dismal stats. We have the best duo of Safeties in the NFL RIGHT NOW. Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor. I challenge you to find a better unit – and back it up.

The front seven are simply dominant. There is no other way to describe them. I promise you, if you don’t already, you will know the names Chris Clemons and Bruce Irvin very well by the end of the day Sunday.

There you go. Didn’t make any promises to you about whether or not your offensive line will be dominated. But, you can draw your own conclusion based on what I provided. Good luck this weekend. I’m sure Belichick will have his guys prepared to bring their best. I can promise you this though, if we lose, it most certainly will not be because of our defense, but rather our offense or lack thereof.

Reaction score
The D line isn't even the strength of this team. We have the best secondary in the league. Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman, big and physical corners. Earl Thomas is the free safety, insane range and instincts. Then Kam Chancellor looks like a defensive end playing Strong Safety, but he can run. The D-line is strong Red Bryant is an oversized DE, not much of a pass rusher, but he knocks passds down and stuffs the run. He also plays DT some times. Mebane and Branch are very stout in the middle, good run defenders and Mebane can get some pressure on the QB. Jason Jones is a situation pass rusher. He played for the Titans last year. He usually plays inside, but he's very capable of lining up against a tackle too. Chris Clemons has 22 sacks over the past 2 seasons, and he already has 5.5 this year including 4 on Aaron Rodgers. Bruce Irvin was the talk of the draft, everyone was talking about how we reached... 4.5 sacks in 5 games and he pretty much only plays on 3rd down. Linebackers.. Leroy Hill has been here since 2005, dude just produces, solid all around OLB. KJ Wright is an outside linebacker. Very good tackler, good instincts, athletic enough to make tackles in space. Bobby Wagner can fly, 4.4 speed at middle linebacker.

The biggest strength of the defense I'd say is tackling. No yards after the catch, and that goes for everyone, even the corners. Hell, our corners each forced fumbles last week.

So far weaknesses are really hard to spot. I'm not sure if I can think of anything... Nothing glaring. 3rd and long has been a bit of a problem for some reason.

Reaction score
The D line isn't even the strength of this team. We have the best secondary in the league. Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman, big and physical corners. Earl Thomas is the free safety, insane range and instincts. Then Kam Chancellor looks like a defensive end playing Strong Safety, but he can run. The D-line is strong Red Bryant is an oversized DE, not much of a pass rusher, but he knocks passds down and stuffs the run. He also plays DT some times. Mebane and Branch are very stout in the middle, good run defenders and Mebane can get some pressure on the QB. Jason Jones is a situation pass rusher. He played for the Titans last year. He usually plays inside, but he's very capable of lining up against a tackle too. Chris Clemons has 22 sacks over the past 2 seasons, and he already has 5.5 this year including 4 on Aaron Rodgers. Bruce Irvin was the talk of the draft, everyone was talking about how we reached... 4.5 sacks in 5 games and he pretty much only plays on 3rd down. Linebackers.. Leroy Hill has been here since 2005, dude just produces, solid all around OLB. KJ Wright is an outside linebacker. Very good tackler, good instincts, athletic enough to make tackles in space. Bobby Wagner can fly, 4.4 speed at middle linebacker.

The biggest strength of the defense I'd say is tackling. No yards after the catch, and that goes for everyone, even the corners. Hell, our corners each forced fumbles last week.

So far weaknesses are really hard to spot. I'm not sure if I can think of anything... Nothing glaring. 3rd and long has been a bit of a problem for some reason.
So what you're saying is they will sack Tom Brady 12 times and win by 20?

Reaction score
No Fenom! You don't understand! The Patriots are like Greek Gods and Belichick is Zeus! They do not lose, they occassionaly volunteer a win, in order to bring a balance to the NFL.

Reaction score
No Fenom! You don't understand! The Patriots are like Roman Gods and Belichick is Zeus! They do not lose, they occassionaly volunteer a win, in order to bring a balance to the NFL.

Zeus is from greek mythology, not roman lol.

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
Terrell Owens tells the Jets via Twitter: ‘I’m available! I’m ready, willing, and able!’

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
haha.. had to post it... but our defense will and can handle the Pats.. its all up to our offense to generate points on the board

Top Bottom