• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Number one D in the league?

OP
Patriots Nation

Patriots Nation

Huddler
Reaction score
Here's Belichick's take on the defense his No. 1-ranked offense will face on Sunday, from a conference-call interview this morning:

"They're the top defense in the league for a good reason. First of all, they're very well coached - Pete (Carroll) does a great job, we all know that. They've been strong against the run, taken the ball away a lot, caused a lot of fumbles. They've got a real good pass rush, good pass defenders. A lot of good players.

"Really impressed with the front. Red Bryant and (Brandon) Mebane, they do a great job in the running game. (Alan) Branch, he's solid in there, too. (Jason) Jones, (Chris) Clemons, (Bruce) Irvin, (Greg) Scruggs, those guys can all rush the passer. Their linebackers are fast. (Leroy) Hill, (K.J.) Wright, (Bobby) Wagner, those guys they get to a lot of ball, they don't get blocked very often and they close space in a hurry. Probably the biggest corners in the league (Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman). (Marcus) Trufant is an outstanding player who comes in for them on the nickel. (Kam) Chancellor is a big, physical force in there at safety. And Earl Thomas probably is as good a safety as we've played against. He's got great instincts, vision, speed, ball skills. I mean he's a real playmaker back there.

"It's a real good defensive football team. There's no doubt about it."

^ Straight out of the horses mouth. I know all coaches talk up their opponents leading up to the game. But when a coach names all the defensive players by name it tells me hes been spending lots of time watching film and getting to know them very well. Like I said, @patsfan, you will too by the end of Sunday :)
I have a good idea...why don't you go listen the BB's pregame press conferences for the last 5 years...they are all the same..Talk the opposition up...name individual players.....and praise the hell out of them.....you just aren't fucking smart enough to see beyond your swelled head......you have no idea what this team is all about or what goes on from week to week...you're about to get you hats handed to you and you just can''t see it......get your heads out of your asses seattle......you aren't ready for prime time....LOL...and BTW..... Brady has 3 rings...and 5 SB appearences.....9 divisional title 5 AFC titles and records up the ying yang......you're team hasn't proved SHIT to anyone....and y'all are talkin out your asses...L..O...Fuckin' L right back attchya....

Reaction score
Lol you're in for a shock dude. You're going to be sitting there Sunday saying "What the fuck is wrong with the offense? Brady, y u no touchdown??!?" You're the one with the "swelled head" (nice grammar by the way), typical east coast fan.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I have a good idea...why don't you go listen the BB's pregame press conferences for the last 5 years...they are all the same..Talk the opposition up...name individual players.....and praise the hell out of them.....you just aren't fucking smart enough to see beyond your swelled head......you have no idea what this team is all about or what goes on from week to week...you're about to get you hats handed to you and you just can''t see it......get your heads out of your asses seattle......you aren't ready for prime time....LOL...and BTW..... Brady has 3 rings...and 5 SB appearences.....9 divisional title 5 AFC titles and records up the ying yang......you're team hasn't proved SHIT to anyone....and y'all are talkin out your asses...L..O...Fuckin' L right back attchya....

I'm not even going to bother reading this crap until this douchebag learns to use paragraphs. Talk about giving his team a bad name.

Reaction score
That's counting special teams and points of turnovers. Our defense hasn't given up a TD isn't the GB game week 3.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
I guess we shall see this week...Tell me about your D folks!! :geek:
Not much to tell, other than they are very highly over rated & will definately wilt under the pressure this week.

The most glaring weakness is the big running hole up the middle between DTs Alan Branch & Brandon Mebane, but not enough teams have tried it. Rounding out the rest of the d-line is a couple of over pursuit guys that get damned few tackles in the rushing game. Bed Ryant another DT often plays right side DE as we don't have enough talent to start two actual DEs with much talent.

Line Backers are pretty much non factors. Have you heard any of their names back on the east coast, Brian Bosworth, Aaron Curry, Ken Norton Jr, and the alternate Pete Carroll? Probably not.

Defensive secondary is the strength of the team, and we are very proud of them. Got a guy out of the Canadien Football League we call BB (sounds like bee bee) because of his size. A late fifth rounder starts at the opposite corner (watch out for our fifth rounders). Gotta fat assed SS that can't get deep, but he did have one good hit a year ago when the receiver ran into him. Free Safety K.J. Wright covers a lot of ground and gets a lot of tackles, plus his backup ET (you figgure it) gets into the game too.

All-in-all I wouldn't try passing against this team very much, when it's easiest to just run right up the middle, eat up the clock, and keep our prolific passer (Russell Wilson) on the sidelines. Go Pats!

Top Bottom