• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Draft

RenegadeHawkFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I haven't posted on this site a whole lot, but living in North Carolina it is difficult to get some good Seahawks talks goin. What I am wondering is now that we have traded away our 1st pick (well worth it in my opinion) who are some guys you are hoping we go after at the 56th pick? Or who in general are you hoping we may be able to snag up in this draft.

For me my biggest interest has got to be Tyrann Mathieu. He just seems like a perfect pick for us.

Another guy I would be interested in seeing is Marcus Lattimore. He is coming off of a gruesome injury but i see us being able to take a risk here. We have very few real needs to fill and i think if we can get Lattimore and he can still run the way he did before the injury he could be a great addition. With Marshawn hopefully having a couple more good years left in him (this back thing is kinda worrying me) I think taking a guy like Lattimore and letting him just take his time to regain full strength and plug him in little bits at a time could prove to be a genius move.

But those are some guys im interested in seeing, how about all of you?

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm expecting our first draft pick to be an outside linebacker. Other needs have been addressed in the FA but replacing Hill still remains.

Interesting to see when we make our first pick. I am not surprised if we trade up a little bit.

OP
RenegadeHawkFan

RenegadeHawkFan

Huddler
Reaction score
nothing would surprise me at this point. I have read a bit about the prospects coming up but i am not entirely sure who will be available at 56 or how high we could trade up for someone to take Hills spot. Any guys you lookin at in hopes to replace hill?

Reaction score
For OLB: Arthur Brown and Kasheem Greene could be there.

If we want to trade up we could be able to get Alec Ogletree if he falls.

If we want to wait until the 3rd round we could probably get Zavier Gooden.

For DT: there are a lot of first round talents at DT so if teams address other needs we could get one of them in the 2nd. Maybe Jonathan Hankins, Jonathan Jenkins, or Kawaan Short.

O-line is possible too, but probably not until later.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
you are hoping we go after at the 56th pick? Or who in general are you hoping we may be able to snag up in this draft.

For me my biggest interest has got to be Tyrann Mathieu. He just seems like a perfect pick for us.

Another guy I would be interested in seeing is Marcus Lattimore. He is could prove to be a genius move.

But those are some guys im interested in seeing, how about all of you?

Definetly the recent signings have changed the draft priorities. Prior to Percy I would have said WR:
Justin Hunter or Marcus Wheaton
But now it doesnt make sense to bring in low priority position group for fear of having to cut talent in training camp.
If you go BPA it might be UW own Desmound Trufant.

I dont think you reach for OLB cause there is good mid round depth there, but if Kaseem Greene fell to us.... woooooo weeee booyyyee I would be doing a major happy dance.

I think your right about Lattimore, and with Leon gone I wouldnt be suprised if use one of our top rounds on a RB which is a pretty solid class.

If I had my druthers I would like to land DT Kawaan Short or OLB Kassem Greene at #56.

OP
RenegadeHawkFan

RenegadeHawkFan

Huddler
Reaction score
as much as i would LOVE to land Desmond being a UW fan. i dont see it being possible at #56. but if he is there at 56 i will probably throw a damn fit if we dont pick him.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
For OLB: Arthur Brown and Kasheem Greene could be there.

If we want to trade up we could be able to get Alec Ogletree if he falls.

If we want to wait until the 3rd round we could probably get Zavier Gooden.

For DT: there are a lot of first round talents at DT so if teams address other needs we could get one of them in the 2nd. Maybe Jonathan Hankins, Jonathan Jenkins, or Kawaan Short.

O-line is possible too, but probably not until later.
LoL beat me to the punch!

OP
RenegadeHawkFan

RenegadeHawkFan

Huddler
Reaction score

what really stands out to me about lattimore is his vision. seems to always find a hole. If he can return to this form and we can get him any later than the 3rd it is a complete steal in my opinion.

Reaction score
Malcolm Smith played pretty good in spot duty for Hill last year. Wouldn't be surprised if we draft a LB in the 4-6th rounds to compete for that OLB spot. Still want us to trade back into the 1st and get a DT.

OP
RenegadeHawkFan

RenegadeHawkFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Malcolm Smith played pretty good in spot duty for Hill last year.

I liked what i saw out of Smith, but i wouldn't mind seeing us bring in Sio Moore to compete for the spot. Kid just seems like a great fit to me. Had a 4.63 40 time. And im not really sure what would be considered "fast" for a LB but that seems pretty good to me.

Reaction score
I like Trufant. I he's a 1st round talent and has the speed to play the nickel. I wouldn't at all be made if the Hawks drafted hum.

Reaction score
I liked what i saw out of Smith, but i wouldn't mind seeing us bring in Sio Moore to compete for the spot. Kid just seems like a great fit to me. Had a 4.63 40 time. And im not really sure what would be considered "fast" for a LB but that seems pretty good to me.
I think Wagner ran a 4.4ish 40... Thats pretty fast for a LB lol

OP
RenegadeHawkFan

RenegadeHawkFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Wow! i had no idea that Wagner was THAT fast. i knew he was fast but wow.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score

what really stands out to me about lattimore is his vision. seems to always find a hole. If he can return to this form and we can get him any later than the 3rd it is a complete steal in my opinion.

He's got top talent, but the knee inury(s) are the big question. I guess he had a knee in 2011 as well.
I dont know about 3rd, 4th maybe, 5th definetly.

OP
RenegadeHawkFan

RenegadeHawkFan

Huddler
Reaction score
They have been doing a lot of features on him on NFL network and ESPN and he just seems like he is an incredibly hardworker. almost like he is approaching the knee injury with an adrian peterson-esque mindset. Im not saying hes at an AP level but i would love to see him in Seattle. The luxury of having very few holes to fill is the ability to take risks, and if he is there in the 4th when we pick i think the upside of drafting him would be too much to say no to.

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
There will probably be a running back in the mix as well. Theres only two on the roster and no reason to pay FA money for a third. I am expecting a late round pick though.

Top Bottom