• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Defense

Idahawk

Reaction score
I watched the game again today and we were flying to the ball and its fun to watch . We did over pursue on some plays ect . The line did a good job on Gore and Earl Thomas is there on every play .

Pass rush needs works and we missed Smith a couple times when he should have been toast, again we over pursued .

I think this young fast group will give us a spark in some games this year , I am looking forward to the Steeler game I think we can do some damage .

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
I watched the game again today and we were flying to the ball and its fun to watch . We did over pursue on some plays ect . The line did a good job on Gore and Earl Thomas is there on every play .

Pass rush needs works and we missed Smith a couple times when he should have been toast, again we over pursued .

I think this young fast group will give us a spark in some games this year , I am looking forward to the Steeler game I think we can do some damage .

We can certainly watch tape of how to beat them. 7 turnovers in Baltimore.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Though we didnt get sacks, we had pressure and disrupted smith back there, IMO that is the next best thing to a sack.
I think we get Brock in there more we will see more pressure too. Curry looked good, and KJ held his own, but with Heater back we should will be even better.

Reaction score
As long as we have Mebane/Branch/Bryant it should be hard for them to run up the middle. Early on I think the defense will have some success. But unlike Smith, Rapistberger won't be afraid to throw deep so that might loosen up the defense. Unless something miraculous happens this week our defense will be on the field A LOT. So later on in the same they'll probably have a lot more success moving the ball.

Reaction score
Our defense will be on the field 89% of the time, 8% will be special teams (lots of punts), and 3% will be offense....

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
All I can say is if we can't win on the road then Caroll can get fired like all the rest of the coaches that can't win on the road. I'm not saying we have to win this game, but we better see improvement in that area this year .

Reaction score
All I can say is if we can't win on the road then Caroll can get fired like all the rest of the coaches that can't win on the road. I'm not saying we have to win this game, but we better see improvement in that area this year .

Dude.. All of your damn comments regarding Carroll are the same. He's been the coach for one season so far, and has had little. VERY little to work with. He inherited some incredibly bad football players. Carroll will have a couple years from now to put together his team. Despite the losing record last season, he took a WIP NFL team to the playoffs and won a game. The fact that you expect more from him at this point in his tenure, is absurd. He's doing just fine.

Reaction score
You can't blame Carroll when half the players would be on the practice squad or bottom of the depth chart on other teams. Ruskell severely screwed over the Hawks by not drafting and acquiring quality, young talent. It's going to take a couple more years to fix this mess.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Dude.. All of your damn comments regarding Carroll are the same. He's been the coach for one season so far, and has had little. VERY little to work with. He inherited some incredibly bad football players. Carroll will have a couple years from now to put together his team. Despite the losing record last season, he took a WIP NFL team to the playoffs and won a game. The fact that you expect more from him at this point in his tenure, is absurd. He's doing just fine.

Heres something different for you crybaby

Wrong !

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
You can't blame Carroll when half the players would be on the practice squad or bottom of the depth chart on other teams. Ruskell severely screwed over the Hawks by not drafting and acquiring quality, young talent. It's going to take a couple more years to fix this mess.

I love how you call PC's team a mess and this IS his team now after 420 roster moves, just shows the same frustration that I have at getting worse not better . It is a mess.

Reaction score
I love how you call PC's team a mess and this IS his team now after 420 roster moves, just shows the same frustration that I have at getting worse not better . It is a mess.

There's only so much you can do with free agents and players other teams didn't want. It happens when you completely change the style of football being played. I mean yeah, we're still running version of the WCO and a 4-3, but what they want as far as the personnel to run those systems are completely different.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
There's only so much you can do with free agents and players other teams didn't want. It happens when you completely change the style of football being played. I mean yeah, we're still running version of the WCO and a 4-3, but what they want as far as the personnel to run those systems are completely different.

If you throw enough shit at a wall some of it will stick. Josh McDaniels thought this was good way to rebuild the Broncos too.

Reaction score
Look at the players this regime has committed to, there's not many of them. Hawthorne, Williams, I think Obomanu got an extension, then you can count the big FAs we signed/re-signed to long term contracts, Rice, Miller, Washington, Gallery and Mebane.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Look at the players this regime has committed to, there's not many of them. Hawthorne, Williams, I think Obomanu got an extension, then you can count the big FAs we signed/re-signed to long term contracts, Rice, Miller, Washington, Gallery and Mebane.

Thats interesting and sad at the same time. On one hand you could get a bunch of hungry players fighting for a career in the NFL and getting their last chance and on the other hand you could get a locker room full of players who won't play hard because the team isn't offering any job security.

Reaction score
Thats interesting and sad at the same time. On one hand you could get a bunch of hungry players fighting for a career in the NFL and getting their last chance and on the other hand you could get a locker room full of players who won't play hard because the team isn't offering any job security.

I'd think players feed off their own vulnerability. Knowing they have to fight to keep playing.

Reaction score
Well then there's the young guys like Okung (if he can stay healthy) and Thomas that figure to be around for a while. I'm not sold on Carpenter at RT... I think he may have to move inside.

Top Bottom