• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Sunday's Game= Walter Jones Honor

S

Seattlehawk94

No, Largent's jersey and his ROH induction was on the same day at the end of his last NFL game (a 22-0 loss to the Deadskins in 1989)...He was actually the first ROH member and the "second" jersey retired that day..

Reaction score
What better entertainment do they have for half time? last week they had a musical at half time and they got booed... It was great, best part of the game lol.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;52037 said:
No, Largent's jersey and his ROH induction was on the same day at the end of his last NFL game (a 22-0 loss to the Deadskins in 1989)...He was actually the first ROH member and the "second" jersey retired that day..

Are you sure? I remember having on tape some ceremony with Largent in 1995 at halftime of a preseason game I want to say against the Colts. That might have been something honoring him going into the Hall of Fame but I do know he had two separate ceremonies.

Speaking of retiring jersey's? I feel like they should retire Cortez #96 since he will/should have been in the Hall of Fame.

Which begs the question who gets in the Hall of Fame first Walter or Cortez? Walt is a first ballot for sure, hope Cortez gets in soon. If Tez played on better teams he would have been in by now.

S

Seattlehawk94

Yeah, Largent was the first ROH member...In the media guide he "entered" it in 1989 as the "inaugaral member"..Those 1995 cememonies were for his HOF entrance..

Tez might make it this year....He made the final ballot this year again and was one of the highest vote totals of non-elected members last year..

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;52040 said:
Tez might make it this year....He made the final ballot this year again and was one of the highest vote totals of non-elected members last year..

Good to hear about Tez. I mean he won defensive MVP at D-tack on a 2-14 team. You know how much ass you have to kick to do that?!! I know Randle got the big sack numbers but no way he should have got in over Tez and I like Randle and think he's a HOFer. Tez was a monster and I wish he could have played on some good teams. His career reminds me of Ichiro where he was just wasted on shitty teams.

Reaction score
kdawg2980;52042 said:
Good to hear about Tez. I mean he won defensive MVP at D-tack on a 2-14 team. You know how much ass you have to kick to do that?!! I know Randle got the big sack numbers but no way he should have got in over Tez and I like Randle and think he's a HOFer. Tez was a monster and I wish he could have played on some good teams. His career reminds me of Ichiro where he was just wasted on shitty teams.

We don't use the "I word" around 94. Apparently he doesn't like his lead off hitters getting hits, stealing bases, and playing great defense. He also doesn't like Felix...

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
I'm not sure why they're not inducting him into the ROH. The original announcement was they were supposed to. Not exactly sure if that was a mistake or change and if so why it was changed.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
What a great ceremony! Walter is a true Seahawk for life. I am so proud that we hung his jersey. He was amazing to watch throughout the years, and this is a very fitting honor. Great stuff.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
My buddy works for the 'Hawks and he said they did it at the 2:00 warning and Walt didn't raise the flag because he really did not want a big deal made out of it. He was very gracious and accepting of the honor, but wanted to keep it as low key as possible. I think he did it mainly for the fans - at least that's the impression I got while listening to his short speech Sunday. You don't get a more ideal football player than Walter Jones.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I happen to be lucky enough to be 4 rows back in the south endzone during the ceremony. Big walt was all smiles during the whole deal, was great, and I think it sparked the offense right after the ceremony.

No doubt in my mind that #80 and #71 are the greatest Seahawks of all time.

Top Bottom