• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks vs. Cardinals

Reaction score
The Seahawks can't afford to lose games they should win, especially with this tough schedule.

Reaction score
It's always humorous to listen to the Wilson apologists explain why he wasn't as GREAT as they promised us. They should have judiciously withheld annointing him as the God of Seattle BEFORE he ever played a single REAL down of football. I wouldn't say Wilson is the scapegoat - Carroll is for even starting a rookie QB on the road in his first NFL game. Such unconventional decisions look plain foolish when they don't work out.

How about trying to be a real seahawk fan and not a fucking cynic. I am not a Wilson "apologist", I am a seahawk fan and will support my team. I won't let ONE GAME change my opinion on someone, because I am not a fair weathered ass clown like most fans

Reaction score
Oh now the Wilson is a rookie excuses come out lol. That's what ive been saying all along!! Hes a rookie. There's no reason to rush him in! We aren't the Colts. We didn't spend the #1 ovwrall. We dont have horrid team. No reason to grow through the growing pains when you have potential to be a playoff contender.

Reaction score
And we did too have a run game. Lynch ran for 90+ yards comfortably. We didn't even run that many plays since DangeRuss went 3 and out so many damn times.

SquawkHawk

Huddler
Reaction score
How about trying to be a real seahawk fan and not a fucking cynic. I am not a Wilson "apologist", I am a seahawk fan and will support my team. I won't let ONE GAME change my opinion on someone, because I am not a fair weathered ass clown like most fans

Oh , I see...most fans are ass clowns because they don't share your viewpoint? Fan boards are typically not patient after a loss - they are emotional. But even back in the preseason, the more patient Hawk fans expressed concern about starting a rookie QB on the road, but we were shouted down by the Wilson college stat sniffers. It was all DangeRuss and the Legion of Boom were gonna lead us to the Superbowl - go read the threads. Personally I find it humorous to read the subsequent threads of those who went ' All In' on Pete's preseason decisions - starting Wilson just being one of them. I think it's a shame that CArroll put so much pressure on the kid by starting him, when he would have been more effective as a change of pace coming off the bench. ( See Kevin Kolb). I hope that the usually offensively unimaginative Pete finds a way to blend Wilson and Flynn into packages that keep defenses guessing. ( Hybrid wildcat).

Reaction score
No, scratch that. He's more like Tarvaris 2.0. Can't close the game even when the refs give you like 10 chances!!

Reaction score
You missed my point. Completely. I don't care about my viewpoint. Honestly, if anyone talked to me before the season, I was 100 percent ready for Flynn. But when PC makes a decision, I think we as fans should be patient with the decision at least for more than one game. Thats my whole point, look at the disarray that happened with the "charlie chanters", it threw so much off and it left us divided as a fanbase. Thats my point, its not just about Wilson or Flynn, it's us being fans and having faith in our team

Reaction score
If Wilson is our QB for the rest of the season, I'm rooting for him and the rest of the team regardless of my feelings towards Carroll starting a rookie QB. I just hope he improves so we can win some games and get to the playoffs.

Reaction score
Yeah man! Support Pete Carroll and all his decisions no matter what!! Thats what being a true fan is all about!!!

Reaction score
Why is this a Flynn v. Wilson thing? Did anyone watch our defense in the first half or on the Kolb drive?
No, this is Flynn supporters vs Wilson supporters. Right and wrong. Wilson played like shit. Looked scared. Looked awful!

Win or Loss, I would be saying the same shit. He looked like garbage!

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
No, this is Flynn supporters vs Wilson supporters. Right and wrong. Wilson played like shit. Looked scared. Looked awful!

Win or Loss, I would be saying the same shit. He looked like garbage!

I don't see it as one v. the other because you have no idea how Flynn would have played. He could have been far worse. There were a lot of factors in the loss, not just Wilson.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Lets give Wilson a freaking break. He is an NFL rookie in his FIRST START EVER! Lets just be Seahawk fans and support the guy. Jesus. The dropped passes didn't help, the guy will be fine, he showed some great things, just needed more protection, ANYONE would get chewed up with our protection, he got out of some challenging plays, made some good throws, and overall played pretty great for a first EVER NFL start. Give the guy a chance before you throw him under the bus. There was a man named Matt Hasselbeck, who didn't look too great in his first few NFL starts... remember that guy?? Don't let one loss make you try to find a scapegoat. PC will defend Wilson (as he should) and he will improve against the boys. Then we can all calm down and act like it's actually week 1 of the regular season, not the NFC Championship game.....

Dude, Wilson is a pipe dream. Do you also remember that Hass is 6'4 225 and studied under Farve for 4 years.

Sounds a lot like another QB we know, Flynn 6'2 225 studied under Rodgers for 4 years.

The longer Wilson plays the longer it is going to take Flynn to develop.

SquawkHawk

Huddler
Reaction score
If Leon had not breathed life into the expiring Hawks body in the 3rd Q, the game could have been a rout before the 4th Q. The HAwks were on life support before Leon electrified the stadium with his ST magic.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Defense looking tired.

This is what I wanted to see, Can rdub come from behind?

SACKED

Flynn quickouts would have gotten that TD, Wilson just can't do it.

PC blew it, We waited for years for a Hass successor and PC bases the decision on the preseason. I hope Flynn isnt too alienated.

Time for the 12th man to voice an opinion. Hate to see irrate fans in Seattle but Holmgren wouldn't have gotten off so easy, why should Flim Flam PC

SquawkHawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Why is this a Flynn v. Wilson thing? Did anyone watch our defense in the first half or on the Kolb drive?

What seems like a Flynn vs. Wilson argument is actually a referendum on Pete Carroll. He decided to start a rookie QB in a road game for his first start. Few fans would have been surprised when Flynn started the season with rookie Wilson coming off the bench as needed. No controversy - until Pete created one. Wilson played like a rookie, and was fortunate to have Leon bail him out with ST play. Otherwise, it's unlikely the game would have been as close as the final score.

Top Bottom