• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Quinton Ganther a Seahawk

Reaction score
According to his agent via Twitter, former Redskins RB Quinton Ganther is now a Seahawk.

Reaction score
So far this offseason, we haven't made a single move that makes me feel that we are any better than last year.

knownone

Huddler
Reaction score
Pretty sure he's just for special teams right? Theres no way this guy is our answer at tailback.

Hawk30

Huddler
Reaction score
seahawkscott19;46406 said:
So far this offseason, we haven't made a single move that makes me feel that we are any better than last year.

100% agree with this! We have not done anything, I really hope they plan on doing something soon. Its hard for me to believe that Carol with all of his "great" scouting and recruiting at USC, and his second chance at the NFL, that he is just going to sit back and do nothing to improve his new team for the upcoming year.......Make a f***ing move already!

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk30;46421 said:
100% agree with this! We have not done anything, I really hope they plan on doing something soon. Its hard for me to believe that Carol with all of his "great" scouting and recruiting at USC, and his second chance at the NFL, that he is just going to sit back and do nothing to improve his new team for the upcoming year.......Make a f***ing move already!
have some patience brotha! its not a quick fix. the draft is the real crucial part, if they mess that up then you have something to worry about. the moves hes made so far are for depth except whitehurst (which in my opinion will end up being a good deal regardless of skepticism). they will get the real impact players and difference makers through the draft.

Reaction score
dmarkholt12;46422 said:
have some patience brotha! its not a quick fix. the draft is the real crucial part, if they mess that up then you have something to worry about. the moves hes made so far are for depth except whitehurst (which in my opinion will end up being a good deal regardless of skepticism). they will get the real impact players and difference makers through the draft.
If they dont trade away all the damn picks for unproven/unneeded players then maybe..... i dont get the FO... there are/were good play making free agents. why not go after them? You have the money.... and there is no cap so why the hell not.... doesnt make sense why they cant get impact players in both FA and the draft.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
EricOV;46423 said:
If they dont trade away all the damn picks for unproven/unneeded players then maybe..... i dont get the FO... there are/were good play making free agents. why not go after them? You have the money.... and there is no cap so why the hell not.... doesnt make sense why they cant get impact players in both FA and the draft.
they swapped ONE pick in this years draft....didnt even give it away. the fact of the matter is they know what type of players they want, they want THEIR guys. they will do this through the draft. the way any team that is trying to turn things around should. if youre rebuilding a franchise, it is about getting YOUR guys that fit YOUR scheme and the best way to do that is through the draft. like i said, if they mess the draft up then you can start worrying.

Reaction score
Number 18;46428 said:
What moves do people want him to make? JHC, there's no one out there to make a move for!

yes there was

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8627"]Derek Anderson Profile - Arizona Cardinals - ESPN[/ame] has at least played in a game and you know what he is, cheaper as a back up, and we wouldn't have lost a 3rd or dropped 20 spots in the 2nd

Dunta Robinson best CB in FA and would have been the best on our team. Could have paid him 15 mil this year and far less rest of the contract to get around the next cap.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8423"]Antrel Rolle Profile - New York Giants - ESPN[/ame] > Grant

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;46430 said:
yes there was

Derek Anderson has at least played in a game and you know what he is, cheaper as a back up, and we wouldn't have lost a 3rd or dropped 20 spots in the 2nd

Dunta Robinson best CB in FA and would have been the best on our team. Could have paid him 15 mil this year and far less rest of the contract to get around the next cap.

Antrel Rolle > Grant
i dont think you realize whitehurst wasnt brought in to be a backup solution. he will either be the starter here this year or next year. youre right...derek anderson has player and we do know what he is....CRAP. i would have liked dunta robinson but even had we gone after him there is no guarantee we would have landed him. its not madden where you can go grab whoever you want in free agency.

Reaction score
the fact we didn't try to get Dunta pisses me off. We would have has a good shot at him by paying more up front. All players are about the mighty penny.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;46442 said:
the fact we didn't try to get Dunta pisses me off. We would have has a good shot at him by paying more up front. All players are about the mighty penny.
i can agree with you on that. i do think he would have been a nice addition...my only thinking behind why they didnt go after him is that they didnt wanna pay the top dollar for a position which isnt our biggest need. dont get me wrong i think we need another solid corner, but that could likely be their thought process. we will see how all the pieces come together after the draft.

Reaction score
The thing about Dunta is he's from around Atlanta and wanted to play close to home. I think Seattle knew they had no chance and didn't focus on him.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Another headscratcher from our brilliant FO duo Dumb and dumest! :emoticon-0150-hands

I love it, who the F is Ganther?!

These turkeys dont really expect to win with good coaching and inspiration alone do they?

Maybe PC is relying on his notes of HS players back in the day.

No one available? please?

What about Darren Sharper, Lendale white, your telling me there is no OL worth the $ that could add leadership and presence to our squad?
Comon guys, really??

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
szat;46471 said:
Another headscratcher from our brilliant FO duo Dumb and dumest! :emoticon-0150-hands

I love it, who the F is Ganther?!

These turkeys dont really expect to win with good coaching and inspiration alone do they?

Maybe PC is relying on his notes of HS players back in the day.

No one available? please?

What about Darren Sharper, Lendale white, your telling me there is no OL worth the $ that could add leadership and presence to our squad?
Comon guys, really??
do you think they signed this guy to start or be a 3rd down back or something? they signed him for depth. he will play special teams and maybe be a short yardage situational back. this wasnt a move to get a player they think will turn things around for them. they are adding depth...something every successful team does. IE: new england patriots.
i hate that people are so critical of what they have done so far when we are a month away from the draft. the way to rebuild a franchise is to add depth, and draft difference makers and impact players. they have done nothing wrong so far. wait until you see the final product to criticize. it takes time...it may take another year. we have had a losing team the last 2 years and old manangement has dug us into a hole that is gonna take time to get out of.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
dmarkholt12;46472 said:
do you think they signed this guy to start or be a 3rd down back or something? they signed him for depth. he will play special teams and maybe be a short yardage situational back. this wasnt a move to get a player they think will turn things around for them. they are adding depth...something every successful team does. IE: new england patriots.
i hate that people are so critical of what they have done so far when we are a month away from the draft. the way to rebuild a franchise is to add depth, and draft difference makers and impact players. they have done nothing wrong so far. wait until you see the final product to criticize. it takes time...it may take another year. we have had a losing team the last 2 years and old manangement has dug us into a hole that is gonna take time to get out of.
They don't need depth, they need starters...

Top Bottom