• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Quinton Ganther a Seahawk

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe;46481 said:
They don't need depth, they need starters...
youre a fool if you think ANY team doesnt need depth. how many times do i have to say this...the DRAFT is a month away. that is where we will get the difference makers and impact players. our front office knows what they are doing, which is why they are making the moves they are making. only a fool would try to resurrect a franchise through free agency. they dont see any guys THEY want for THEIR system in free agency. they will get THEIR guys in the draft.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
dmarkholt12;46482 said:
youre a fool if you think ANY team doesnt need depth. how many times do i have to say this...the DRAFT is a month away. that is where we will get the difference makers and impact players. our front office knows what they are doing, which is why they are making the moves they are making. only a fool would try to resurrect a franchise through free agency. they dont see any guys THEY want for THEIR system in free agency. they will get THEIR guys in the draft.
I didn't say any team, I said the Seahawks. If they added Ganther to play RB it's a waste, but if they signed him to play some fullback and special teams then it's a decent move.

I agree that the draft is a big part of creating a good team, but they made it a lot harder by letting Burleson be signed by the Lions and cutting Deon Grant. It's going to be difficult to address all the needs they have in the upcoming draft.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe;46483 said:
I didn't say any team, I said the Seahawks. If they added Ganther to play RB it's a waste, but if they signed him to play some fullback and special teams then it's a decent move.

I agree that the draft is a big part of creating a good team, but they made it a lot harder by letting Burleson be signed by the Lions and cutting Deon Grant. It's going to be difficult to address all the needs they have in the upcoming draft.
to expect every hole to be filled in the first year of management is unrealistic. they obviously didnt sign ganther to play rb. maybe in a short yardage situation occasionally...but he will be a special teamer and will see time at fb. burleson hurts ill admit that...but by the time draft day comes and no one has offered their 1st round pick to denver for marshall i can see them taking a different package for him because they dont want him. its been a big chess game. i am confident that by the end of the draft we will have a better team and the future will be looking a lot brighter.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I think a lot of folks' concern is that the new management is creating holes, like releasing Grant. Burleson got WAY overpaid IMO, so I don't really blame management for letting him get away.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
sometimes you gotta clean house and start fresh though. its what this franchise needs. gotta give to get. im not too upset about grant...he has a monster contract and is underachieving. one can only think him being released means carroll is going after berry or mays in the draft.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
cutting grant is the best move they have made this whole offseason hes a overpaid BUM

i kno they are going to focus on our crucial needs in draft its obvious, all there doing right now is adding depth at what we could use it at

if we went after darren sharper that would just be a huge waste of time, we are currently in a rebuilding stage you dont rebuild with old large salary players that have maybe one or two years left in the tank.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
LaceyBALL3R360;46490 said:
cutting grant is the best move they have made this whole offseason hes a overpaid BUM

i kno they are going to focus on our crucial needs in draft its obvious, all there doing right now is adding depth at what we could use it at

if we went after darren sharper that would just be a huge waste of time, we are currently in a rebuilding stage you dont rebuild with old large salary players that have maybe one or two years left in the tank.
If they get Berry or Mays then I'm fine with the release of Grant.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
theyll probbly end up playing josh wilson at safety again if they end up not getting any safeties in the draft, wich i dont like because hes so small but hes a really good athlete and i think he could handle his own

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
LaceyBALL3R360;46498 said:
theyll probbly end up playing josh wilson at safety again if they end up not getting any safeties in the draft, wich i dont like because hes so small but hes a really good athlete and i think he could handle his own
they will get a safety in the draft this year im almost positive.

Top Bottom