• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Packers @ Seahawks MNF

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
The entire offense looks out of sync. Predictible, boring playcalling is really annoying me. I get that you have to establish the run, but Wilson can't get into any kind of rhythm, especially when the only time he'ms throwing the ball everyone watching knowws its going to be a pass. I'd like to see some more short passes to compliment the running game.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
I guess my tv feed is different from everyone else. When they show the one replay angle where you can see the ball the whole time. The one angle the official who called TD saw. I say it is a TD. The defensive back is supposed to knock the ball down for this very reason.

Should there have been PI called on Tate? certainly. Do the 'real' refs miss PI on hail mary's? All the time.

Reaction score
Anyone else want to stab Rodger in the face with a sautering iron when he did his little "cowboy gun" gesture after the early scramble!! Fuck I hate that guy!

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
I guess my tv feed is different from everyone else. When they show the one replay angle where you can see the ball the whole time. The one angle the official who called TD saw. I say it is a TD. The defensive back is supposed to knock the ball down for this very reason.

Should there have been PI called on Tate? certainly. Do the 'real' refs miss PI on hail mary's? All the time.

I'm trying to see what people saying this are talking about. It does take a while for the defender to get his 2nd foot down.

Reaction score
I think it's a play the real refs could have gotten wrong too. If you watch it real time, it happens really quick and it actually looks like Tate and Jennings both possess the ball at the same time and bring the ball down together.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
My thoughts on the game:

1. I don't feel guilty about the W. We've been screwed a lot of times and I'm glad one finally went our way. I like what Mike Salk said: "Just ask a Steelers fan how much he cares when he's taunted about the phantom holding call in Super Bowl XL? Notice how hard a Patriots fan laughs when someone mentions the tuck rule, or a Yankees fan when he's told that the entire 1990s dynasty never would have happened were it not for a truant named Jeffrey Mayer. The point is that bad calls happen and sometimes you catch a break. But the Seahawks put themselves in position to capitalize on it when it came."

2. I don't feel bad for the Packers. Everyone knows you swat the ball down.

3. There were plenty of other calls (PI on Chancellor on GB's TD drive) and non-calls that aided the Packers.

4. Our offense is pathetic. I don't know really where the blame lies, but when your entire first half play calling is run-run-pass (followed usually by a punt), 7 points is probably generous. If that's all they are going to do with Wilson, put Flynn in. I still think it is pretty incredible that Wilson is this ineffective and Flynn couldn't beat him out. But, might as well see what he can do.

BeerBeak

Huddler
Reaction score
As a new kid, I am trying to figure out which team I watched last night ... the first half SeaHawks or, the second half SeaHawks, and which team will show up next game ?

S

Seattlehawk94

Put Flynn in?

Wow 18...Shocked...By "beat him out" you mean in the preseason where they don't scheme on defense? Flynn didn't LOSE his job, Wilson "won" it by lighting up 3rd Team Defenses..Well...Welcome to the result..

Flynn is in that play doesn't happen, we win by 10 or more..Like we should have after dominating the game for most of it..

Idahawk

Reaction score
4. Our offense is pathetic. I don't know really where the blame lies, but when your entire first half play calling is run-run-pass (followed usually by a punt), nothing 7 points is probably generous. If that's all they are going to do with Wilson, put Flynn in. I still think it is pretty incredible that Wilson is this ineffective and Flynn couldn't beat him out. But, might as well see what he can do.

Were playing NOT to lose ! It seems to be a PC pattern. Trying to baby Wilson along I guess.

Gruden said it best during the game " Seattle needs to get some WR's that can get seperation to help Wilson out"
These are WR's on Linebackers in many cases and they cant open , they should win that match up .

As far as all the stink over the last play, Tate's left arm was in there and Jennings Caught both the ball and Tate's arm and by the time they came down both had hands on the ball , as I read the rules they got it right! Its only because its fucking Green Bay that the world stopped.

Get Fucked over in a Super Bowl and then come crying to me LOL, I don't remember every sports show and newpaper feeling sorry for the Hawks do you ?

I read that on that last play over 250 million dollars was lost in wagers, now not only does Wilson have # one and 94 after him no he's got the mafia LOL

Idahawk

Reaction score
Put Flynn in?

Wow 18...Shocked...By "beat him out" you mean in the preseason where they don't scheme on defense? Flynn didn't LOSE his job, Wilson "won" it by lighting up 3rd Team Defenses..Well...Welcome to the result..

Flynn is in that play doesn't happen, we win by 10 or more..Like we should have after dominating the game for most of it..

I agree put Flynn in.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Whats lost in all this is what this D for Seattle is doing , If either Wilson or Flynn can start scoring its lighting in a bottle .

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Put Flynn in?

I still disagree with this. Flynn did lose the job. Flynn did absolutely nothing to separate himself from Wilson. But my stance has always been that if Wilson can't get the job done, we need to consider other options (i.e. Flynn).

S

Seattlehawk94

Flynn was supposed to develope a rapport with the offense and get ready for the regular season without making too many mistakes and actually moving the football which he did.. he did everything asked in the preseason of him but still lost the job to that midget because the car salesman likes to be cute..

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Right on 94. That is exactly how I see it too.

Wilson is the starter because he is easier to mold. He is going to do everything without question like a good little boy.

Flynn has been partially molded by other coaches and isn't as easy to work with.

I really disagree with how PC has disregarded Flynn's value and what he can do for the Seahawks in exchange for an undersized rookie. It has to be extremly insulting to Flynn.

I think PC doing what is easier for him over what is best for the team.

Top Bottom