• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Broncos @ Seahawks 8/22: WIN 27 - 13

Reaction score
Here's to the beginning to of a great season for the hawks and a horrible season for the Broncos ;) :lol: :lol:.

Reaction score
Re: Game day thread.

Going to the game tonight!

I sure love these summer time night games. Even though they don't count towards anything, it's awesome to watch the Hawks in action against another team with the 12th man in full force.

Also excited to see Forsett get a good portion of carries with the first offense since JJ is still nursing a minor injury and will probably sit this one out.

Hopefully Curry can play, he needs it and I want to see him play!

Go Hawks!

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score

I'll be there as well. I am excited to see how awful the Broncos first team looks so we can start predicting draft picks. lol

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score

Number 18 said:
I'll be there as well. I am excited to see how awful the Broncos first team looks so we can start predicting draft picks. lol

#1 and #32! haha

Reaction score

bobflipaburger said:
Number 18 said:

#1 and #32! haha

That would be truely AWESOME!!!

If we end up getting a top 5 pick via Denver, would you guys want OL or QB(Bradford)?

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score

Bradford if he's somehow still available at 4-7, he won't because someone like the Rams will probably get him....if not him, McCoy or maybe Snead...
then with our other pick which is hopefully in the 20's (because we'll have made the playoffs), any decent safety that is still available.....

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score

#ONE said:
bobflipaburger said:
[quote="Number 18":39honefr]I'll be there as well. I am excited to see how awful the Broncos first team looks so we can start predicting draft picks. lol

#1 and #32! haha

That would be truely AWESOME!!!

If we end up getting a top 5 pick via Denver, would you guys want OL or QB(Bradford)?[/quote:39honefr]

Erik Berry

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score

[quote:1p4ny1ru]That would be truely AWESOME!!!

If we end up getting a top 5 pick via Denver, would you guys want OL or QB(Bradford)?

Erik Berry[/quote:1p4ny1ru]

Yah, if Berry slips to 5-7, he'd be a great pickup. Kiper has him going 2nd after bradford on his first big board for next years draft though. And he's already getting hype, so I doubt he'll go any later than 4 at the latest...Mays could be just as good a pickup though....it's a hard choice because we need a future QB, but Berry or Mays could provide some future stability in our secondary...

Reaction score

I still don't think we need to take a QB in the next draft unless we do so in the 2nd-7th rounds. Taking a guy in the 1st Round that won't play for at least 2 more years sounds like a waste of a pick and money.

We need to address other positions more like CB, Safety and the OL.

Back to the game: I'll be watching it, 4 hours away...is there a way to make the time go by in 10 seconds? :D

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score

phaZe said:
I still don't think we need to take a QB in the next draft unless we do so in the 2nd-7th rounds. Taking a guy in the 1st Round that won't play for at least 2 more years sounds like a waste of a pick and money.

Back to the game: I'll be watching it, 4 hours away...is there a way to make the time go by in 10 seconds? :D
Get high/drunk, take a nap, watch braveheart, call your mother and put her on speaker while watching *insert tv show*, go run 10 miles...all of that should take roughly 3 or so hours enough to be back in time for the 1st quarter/real quarter

Reaction score

Number 18 said:
Yeah i am going too, where are you sitting man.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score

Walddo said:
phaZe said:

Get high/drunk, take a nap, watch braveheart, call your mother and put her on speaker while watching *insert tv show*, go run 10 miles...all of that should take roughly 3 or so hours enough to be back in time for the 1st quarter/real quarter

Or he can just watch the Mariners game... lol

Reaction score

Everyone please get on and get chatting with 83, Pottsie and I at:
[ame="http://www.ustream.tv/channel/seahawks-huddle"]Seahawks Huddle on USTREAM: We talk non-stop football mainly the Seahawks. Discuss latest news around Seattle and rumors of what is going on. Will talk abo...[/ame]

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score

Oh man... Great game... Nick Reed just forced his way on to this team.

Reaction score

bobflipaburger said:
Oh man... Great game... Nick Reed just forced his way on to this team.
There is no way he couldn't be on the team with the way he has been playing, but we need to see how he does against the starting tackle's first.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score

I was really disappointed with our first string defense though... Hopefully it was just fatigue and hopefully Curry is back next week... I doubt Trufant will be back by them but I really hope so.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score

My observations of the game are:

1. Offensive Line was atrocious. No way we can run the ball or protect Hasselbeck well unless this line gels up.[/*:m:x4pra727]
  2. Hasselbeck looked pretty good. A few mistimed throws, but on the two I took note of, I'm not sure if it was him or Housh/Carlson. My biggest concern relates to my first point. He got sacked 3 times in the first half. [/*:m:x4pra727]
  3. No pass rush. Orton completed every throw until it mattered on the drive where he tossed the interception.[/*:m:x4pra727]
  4. Crappy secondary. No pass rush exposed our extremely average to below average secondary.[/*:m:x4pra727]

That said, if Hasselbeck stays healthy, then my top 3 draft picks would be something like OL, DB, DL. But if his back tweaks again, I would reconsider.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score

Number 18 said:
My observations of the game are:

1. Offensive Line was atrocious. No way we can run the ball or protect Hasselbeck well unless this line gels up.[/*:m:2yurpmwf]
  2. Hasselbeck looked pretty good. A few mistimed throws, but on the two I took note of, I'm not sure if it was him or Housh/Carlson. My biggest concern relates to my first point. He got sacked 3 times in the first half. [/*:m:2yurpmwf]
  3. No pass rush. Orton completed every throw until it mattered on the drive where he tossed the interception.[/*:m:2yurpmwf]
  4. Crappy secondary. No pass rush exposed our extremely average to below average secondary.[/*:m:2yurpmwf]

That said, if Hasselbeck stays healthy, then my top 3 draft picks would be something like OL, DB, DL. But if his back tweaks again, I would reconsider.

A thing to remember is Denver's O-line is one of the best in the league. And we didn't have walt, Locklear is much better on the right side.

Top Bottom