• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Odds Makers: Matthew Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Rumor is he wants 3 yr 12 mil
Clayton says he will get more like 10 mil but a 14 mil signing bonus from someone.
Screw it lets just play for the 1st pick next year

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
I can't really recall a situation where a team has let a franchise QB walk over contract issues. Not a team that really wanted that guy to stay anyway. I'm sure that they will get something done. I think in the end the Hawks want Matt, and I would hope that Matt wants to stay here. If he does leave, I'm betting on Cleveland.

PacWest

Huddler
Reaction score
LaceyBALL3R360;55889 said:
i just hope he's not no douche like farve and go to our rival team

Well if that does happen, we can always look at the bright side of things.

Based on last years stats, opposing DB's would have at least one interception per game on average (17 total in 2010). I'm betting Earl Thomas would capitalize on those opportunities in a heartbeat.

I myself am not afraid of losing Hasselbeck, especially if he is asking for too much money or too many years considering his age and deteriorating stats.

S

Seattlehawk94

LaceyBALL3R360;55889 said:
i just hope he's not no douche like farve and go to our rival team

How EXACTLY would that make him a "douche"? Unlike Fav-ray who ASKED to go to Minnesota before he left Green Bay, Hass asked for AN EXTENTION but they are low balling him....If SF or Zona offers MORE MONEY is he supposed to say "NO I CAN'T GO TO THE SEAHAWKS RIVAL!" that would be plain STUPID and anyone who think's that makes him a "douche" is a mook who's LYING if they wouldn't do the same....Which come to think of it, also makes them hypocrites...

Problem is....That's where he's going....Either 'Zona or Frisco are going to throw a ton of money at him..

Cleveland...No....Holmgren is content with McCoy and not going to do what he did WITH HASSELBECK bringing in a "Trent Dilfer" only for McCoy to have the "HASS-EL-BECK--HASS-EL-BECK" cheers reign down on his young QB who he believes in...He's got Wallace and the reason Apple Sauce is there is to be the mentor to McCoy and show him the ways of Holmgren and Co's version of the WCO WITHOUT fans crying for him whenever the kid makes a mistake..

Bringing in Matthew in Cleveland ENDS any chance McCoy has to be the future there...

He won't go to Minnesota because you can BOOK THIS, they are going to take Jakemarcus Locker.....I've heard it from someone who I trust and know and they were impressed as hell about Montlake Jake at the combine and during interviews...They are pretty much set on taking him if he's there...Not going to grab Matthew because well....They they probably keep Tavares to keep the seat warm until Jake's ready..

SF and 'Zona....Whoever DOESN'T get Kolb will make a run at Matthew....My bet.....SF....Zona is going to throw the kitchen sink out there to get Kevin Kolb....SF has the talent is is much closer than Zona to a Superbowl so they might throw out all the cards on the table to get Matthew because they are basically a QB away and they can afford to risk more on a 35 year old QB...

I'd like him to stay (BIGGEST "DUUUUUH EVAR) but.....I'm starting to think it's not going to happen...

S

Seattlehawk94

I think they are....They never really wanted him here in the first place...They thought he'd be done and Chuckles would be the next John Elway....Didn't work out....They are lowballing him but trying to make it look like he's stoning them by being greedy...

If they wanted him here....This deal is done LAST OFFSEASON and Whitecursed in SOME ONE ELSE'S PROBLEM....

Reaction score
Idk who's lowballing who.... don't know the details. However I am still hopeful that the Hawks and Matthew can come to an agreement today before the CBA expires.

I am really concerned with the state of this franchise. If Matt walks we could be in the toilet for years to come. Losing our franchise guy from the last decade and banking on some rook or whitehurst will not be good.

Our team is young and has a ton of holes. Giving the start to some rookie would be catastrophic.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
From what I hear, Hasselbeck wants an annual salary in the double digits. Sorry. That's stupid. He didn't get that when he was in his prime. He hasn't played a full season since 2007 and the time he has played has been erratic. I love Hasselbeck. I think he is the best option for us in 2011 and possibly 2012. But don't overpay him.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
If they cant get it done today (Hawks) then our chances are greatly diminished, so I am hoping for reasonable deal to get done.

18 I agree.

Listen, there is always going to be a team that will pay more, if he wants the $ then he will test FA and get the $. Pack your bags honey, kids, or he would just fly solo, but we cannot pay more then 4-6M a year for Matt Hasselbeck. Sorry, Schnieder hommie play alittle bit of hard ball. Ruskell gave out huge contracts but we gotta watch our cap, that way we can pick up some of these big FA coming out Friday (CBA pending).

Reaction score
Well szat both John Clayton and Tim Hasselbeck say it doesn't look like a deal will be done today. Hasselbeck I would trust more in this situations because he's Matt's brother.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Oh well, I dont think they'll chase him...

Even though P.C. said "Matt is our top priority" doesnt mean we are going to over pay for him.

Reaction score
David,

What tag? Original Round tender.

It wont deter anyone.. if they want matt they will give up a 6th rnd pick.

Reaction score
Oh shit its too late for the franchise tag isn't it? Brain fart lol I just DON'T wanna lose the Hass!

Reaction score
Hell yes I'm a homer!

Using the same logic as you jake locker fans. Hawks need to trade all of their picks, move up to first overall and secure our QB of the future in Locker ;)

Reaction score
#ONE;55938 said:
Hell yes I'm a homer!

Using the same logic as you jake locker fans. Hawks need to trade all of their picks, move up to first overall and secure our QB of the future in Locker ;)
Locker might be available at our pick, but I read somewhere that the Vikings got a hard on when they saw Locker during the Combine.

I think the best thing to do is avoid taking Locker. He's basically a right handed Tebow (w/o the wins) and that's coming from a Huskies fan.

Top Bottom