• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Free Agency Tracker

Reaction score
You not joking , you would think he was the second coming of Joe Montana , I mean this is why I have an issue with Flynn. He doesn't deserve a fat contract but he will get one , not for anything he has done on the field but based on speculation and teams needs . To me if Flynn was long term starter material , then why isn't his former OC going all out for him , I mean PM is great but you would think that if Flynn was all that then Miami would view Flynn like Luck and drop PM like Indy and have a long term solution at the QB position ? I find that hard to understand . Maybe they feel Matt Moore is a better option if they don't land Manning ?

What are you options?? This team is fucking ready to rock and roll. They just need a QB. With Tarvaris we go 7-9, 8-8 at best. Are we gonna draft Tannehill or one of the other 2nd and 3rd tier career backups?? And please stop being a homer and bribing up Moore. The guy is not am NFL QB. This is real life, not some feel good lifetime movie where a guy who looks like a 15 year old lesbian defies all odds and takes some team to the promised land.

We need a QB. Outside of Flynn, who gives us a chance in hell to compete? Does he deserve starter money?? Hell no!! Is he gonna get it? Hell yes! Is $10mil/year really going to set this team back. We have a lot of cap space and the richest owner in the league. We've already resigned most of important FAs and I don't see the hawks making any other big deals outside of potentially signing Flynn.

Yes there is a chance he won't be the guy, but imagine if he pans out and is the guy. What do we stand to lose besides a few millions dollars??

Idahawk

Reaction score
They asked for 94 , not his wanna be LOL.

So according to your logic any QB is worth the gamble ? Any QB but Moore ? I don't think Paul Allen like's his money being spent on a roll of the dice, Right Nate McMillan ! He pays his people to do their jobs and that job is to find the best QB for this team , Tannehill a projected 1st round starter at least on paper seems to be the better choice , why do think Cleveland passed on Flynn uhhhhh Red Flag !!!! There taking Tannehill because they feel he is the better player , if you want a guy Cleveland doesn't even want , more power to you !

I think the lifetime movie your taking about was about Lajokeal James wasn't it ? Talk about a pot calling the kettel black .

Idahawk

Reaction score
Miami and Arizona out of the Manning Derby , 49ers worked out Manning ???? That's great news if he does sign with them we get to crumple his ass and if he doesn't Alex Smith will be so butt hurt that he will go back to the old Alex LOL I love it ! Manning working out for Denver today.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
They asked for 94 , not his wanna be LOL.

OOOoooo Sick burn!

Nate McMillian was effigy for a very disappointing season. fans been calling for his head on a pike the last month or so.

Alright so what is the biggest knock on Flynn? What has everone said his cons are?
"He hasnt played enough live snaps..." Well no shit, his been grooming behind the best QB in the NFL.
So he has very little to no wear on the tires, and to add to it, he seems like a tough SOB.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Alright so what is the biggest knock on Flynn? What has everone said his cons are?
"He hasnt played enough live snaps..." Well no shit, his been grooming behind the best QB in the NFL.
So he has very little to no wear on the tires, and to add to it, he seems like a tough SOB.

No offense, but "grooming" does not mean shit. How did Curtis Painter turn out?

Idahawk

Reaction score
That's not even it for me , It's taking a guy because he was on the Packers who one a Super Bowl and some writer some where realized he was a free agent and said he was a big name FA QB , when he's not . And people can shoot down the whole 7th round pick thing , but that's a lot of teams passing on a guy over and over and over when the league is so desperate for QB's. So maybe he has gotten better , but how do we know based on 2 games and his coach saying so ? Seems like stretch , so we will see . And I will be first guy to eat shit if we sign him and he plays well , I have no problem with that .

Reaction score
OK Nate is a crap basketball coach. Sonics and Blazer players hated him. I have not heard any player ever say he was a great coach or fun to play for. I have done work for him in his seattle home and he and his wife have always been SUPER nice to me. So I personally thought he was ok. I have been the mod for the Blazers site on coughscoutcough for 7 yrs and have inside info and contacts throuout that organization. I thought he should have been fired 2 yrs ago based on what I heard.
NEXT
all this crap about what has Flynn done should stop. First off he has played more NFL games than any one that will ever come out of college. 2nd Tannehill has played less games at QB than most AND so how good is he at reading a D???? They threw a spread O with him to make it easier to read by telling him to throw quickly! He is 2-4 yrs from being a NFL QB at best anyhow. Sign Flynn beat out Jackson and then you have a exp backup and Portis the young guy that needs to get some snaps in preseason this year. Wasting a pick on a QB that is 3+ yrs away on a offense that needs lots of work is stupid. Get the QB that can step in without the deer in headlights look and use the picks on WR,OL,DE,RB,LB.

Any QB we bring in needs some targets to throw to.
The OL always breaks down somewhere or everwhere like last yr
DE or DT always
RB need depth. Forsett isn't it.
If the heater leaves we need to use our first pick on the kid from BC that kid plays 150% everyplay!

Reaction score
We apparently have interest in Curtin Lofton, I wouldn't mind that at all. We need some more athletic LBs. I like Hawthorne, but he's awful in coverage. Maybe some of that has to do with him being hurt last year, but I think Lofton would be an upgrade. Then we either bring Hill back or we have the option of addressing that in the draft. Probably not in the 1st round, although I do like Zach Brown a lot.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Very interesting Wag, I have a soft spot for Nate, but you could be right about coaching. Just seemed like here in P-town ppl liked him right up until recently, and then it was like pitch forks and lets burn it to the ground. Im impartial (ex-sonics seattle guy).

Idahawk

Reaction score
So Peter King thinks that Alex Smith is better for Seattle then Matt Flynn , LOL thats not saying much about Flynn.

I rest my case .....

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
So Flynn's in Miami and I am checking out some of the message boards on the Dolphins blog at MiamiHerald.com. They are interesting comments. A lot of folks down there are not sold on Flynn, not nearly as sold as our fan base seems to be. I find that intriguing because it seems to be the opposite with the actual organizations: Seahawks are not so sold on him, but Miami is allegedly going to go balls out for him.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I honestly find it hard to see anyway anyone could be completely sold on him... But I guess we all see things differently.

I found this interesting (although it does ramble on quite a bit): http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/3/16/2877821/matt-flynn

Makes sense, but it's worth the risk, the NFL is just simply to weak in talent at the QB position. I mean, if it weren't for Flynn and Manning, the market for QBs in the FA would be Alex Smith, Chad Henne, Jason Cambell, and Kyle Orton. Really?

Top Bottom