• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Free Agency Tracker

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Why would you pay that type of money to a 7th round back up QB ? .

If you bring in Flynn and think he will be the starter (which I do) then you pay him starter money.
It doesnt matter what round he was drafted in, that was 4 years ago, what rd was tom brady, matt hasselbeck, and baldwin drafted in? I would offer him :

4 years 40M with starter incentives and like 14 gaurenteed.

Some times you gotta stick your #$$#% out there and take a swing. OH and tell him your bringing in some big boyz (HUTCH?) to see about protectin his ass.

Idahawk

Reaction score
40 mil would be starter money ? whoever comes in here and gets signed is not and I repeat not going to be automatically named the starter and therefore will get a similar deal to what TJ and Whitehurst got . Why would anything change ? Your signing another guy that's was a back up be it Henne or Flynn or ???? or your getting a rookie in the draft . May the best man win and win a big fat contract . " Compete for everything "

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Will he be 2nd because Shainceo come here maybe?
Vikings to Seahawks connection strikes again!

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
Hutchinson? I mean what ever happened to fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me! If we let that a** sh*td*ck us again, we deserve another 5-11 season.

He better be real cheap. $2.5M. I'll still boo him too.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I wonder what he (hutch) has left in the tank.
Back in the day though we should have tagged him or signed him instead, while holmy was away, Ruskell trans tagged him which was an insult at the time because he was the best gaurd in the NFL.
Thats how I remember it anyways, Im glad we are giving him a look.

Reaction score
Yup. Ruskells fault imo.

Supposedly Hutchison didn't realize there was a poison pill in his contract and was expecting the Hawks to match what Minny was going to pay him. This is out of the Walrus' mouth from a radio interview he did with Mitch a couple years ago.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Yup. Ruskells fault imo.

Supposedly Hutchison didn't realize there was a poison pill in his contract and was expecting the Hawks to match what Minny was going to pay him. This is out of the Walrus' mouth from a radio interview he did with Mitch a couple years ago.

That's bullshit and makes Hutchinson look stupid. It is both of their fault and how the business side of the NFL works. The unfortunate part is that it is the fans who are the ones that get burned.

Reaction score
John Clayton: With Robert Gallery released, the Seahawks probably will try to sign Steve Hutchinson.

Reaction score
Looks like Hutchinson is going to Tennessee. Wonder if that was because of Matt, and I wonder what that means as far as Manning going. There.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
That's bullshit and makes Hutchinson look stupid. It is both of their fault and how the business side of the NFL works. The unfortunate part is that it is the fans who are the ones that get burned.

I read back on it now, the clause was that Hutch will be paid as much as the highest paid OT, and at the time, Walter was making way more, so we couldnt match the offer. Im just really suprised doesnt have like some kind over overriding veto power, but I guess even in the union its a legal issue.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
At what point do we start making a splash in the FA? I know we're favored for Flynn but we cut Gallery, let go of Carlson, lost out on Mario, i'm getting nervous :/

Idahawk

Reaction score
At what point do we start making a splash in the FA? I know we're favored for Flynn but we cut Gallery, let go of Carlson, lost out on Mario, i'm getting nervous :/

Wow I got on ! .......

I just saw a guy selling all his Charger stuff on e-bay after 20 years of waiting for the team to win over the moves their making. LOL Its a stressful time, but as things play out guys get more affordable and are more likely to take a deal. If this actually posts that is ! I have been waiting for 4 minutes clicking post reply and nothing happens !

Reaction score
I'm not sad to see Carlson or Gallery go... Although if we let Gallery go sooner we could have gone after Grubbs or Nicks. Mario goot almost $100 million. I'm thinking we could move carpenter to LG and possibly go after a tackle in the draft or FA.

Top Bottom