• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Did Pete Carroll make right decision on naming Hasselbeck starter?

Reaction score
i genuinely believe the Seahawks have an absolutely brilliant chance of beating the Saints. I'm sat here at midday in the UK, waiting for the game to start.

As for the original question, i believe Carroll might be trying some mind games, Hasselbeck picked the Saints D apart, and they are missing their starting Safety. I just hope its run the ball,short passes, control the clock, no picks, keep the Saints O off the field, and 12th Man plays its part

rather excited for this game :)

OP
K

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm a night owl and can't sleep kickoff just 8 hours away I'm jacked up!! Hasselbeck threw for 333 against them and I think we have a shot too.

We lost by 15 but both teams scored five times just we had to settle for four red zone field goals while they got five touchdowns. Brees killed us but they did have a running game that day which I don't think they'll have today.

Elkaholic

Huddler
Reaction score
Manc Seahawk MkII;53205 said:
i genuinely believe the Seahawks have an absolutely brilliant chance of beating the Saints. I'm sat here at midday in the UK, waiting for the game to start.

As for the original question, i believe Carroll might be trying some mind games, Hasselbeck picked the Saints D apart, and they are missing their starting Safety. I just hope its run the ball,short passes, control the clock, no picks, keep the Saints O off the field, and 12th Man plays its part

rather excited for this game :)

I agree with the mind game statement. Also why not have the Saints prepare for the QB who is least mobile,just in case.........

Reaction score
Stokley, Big Money and Ben all had solid games. That TD by Mike was sick, but even a better throw by Matthew. I loved how clutch Matt to Stokley was on 3rd down. He reminds me so much of Bobby Engram.

Wish our D could play more consistantly. If GB beats Philly tomorrow we are off to Chicago!! We can beat Jay Cutler again!!!

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
Two best games #08 had was against the saints. anyone that doubted him should re evaluate what he has done for his team and i am speechless and looking forward to next week. hopefully we play chicago

OP
K

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
To say Matt Hasselbeck played fine is like saying Tom Brady has just been fine. Try using words such as great, excellent, terrfic, stellar, etc.

His pass to Stokley and Williams were on the money. Hasselbeck's stats don't do him justice as he had four or five drops including his interception.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Matt was clutch against the saints, probably one of top 5 performances. I was chanting for Charlie so I'll eat my words, as I dont think Chuck would have been able to beat the saints as well as they played.

I mean shit, the int wasnt even Matts fault.

Whatever Matt ate for dinner, the time he went to bed, and woke up, what side of the bed he slept on, what his morning routine was, what mental preperations, and warm ups he did, he needs to repeat, because the matt we saw this weekend can win us a championship!

Reaction score
Let's give the O-Line some credit. Not counting the big run (because let's face it they really didn't do much on that play) Lynch averaged 3.8 yards per carry which is respectable. Matt had decent protection, he took some hits, got sacked once, but overall the protection was as good as we've seen all year. I'm not sure what made the difference, if it was Polumbus starting at guard or they finally started figuring something out, but they better keep it up.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
O-Line is improving, and I really think #76 is a huge part in that. Matt took a hit on the Morrah deep ball, which made that an amazing throw. Seemed like #75 looked good too... if I recall, but I havent looked at the line specifically.

Im gonna keep that game on my DVR all year!

Top Bottom