• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Clutch

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Mike James , he played well , they will have a nice one two punch when Doug Martin returns , I read on a bucs forum that the fans are pissed at how well they played because they want that coach fired and like me expected a blowout , lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Mike James , he played well , they will have a nice one two punch when Doug Martin returns , I read on a bucs forum that the fans are pissed at how well they played because they want that coach fired and like me expected a blowout , lol

I'd say with that kind of running against the best defense in the NFL they got the next AP.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Only Seahawk fans see wins as potential problems.

I might re-word that a little. Maybe only Seahawk fans ignore the warning signs as long as they are winning.

The wins aren't the problem. It's the play on the field that's the problem. This team has a tab built up on the house with these wins and they are headed for a 49-7 blowout loss if they don't get it together. If this is what they are building this season on, it's going to all blow up on them, guaranteed. The quality of play is for the most part absolutely terrible, with a couple of huge plays sprinkled in here and there that pulls them out of the fire, like the pick 6 in Houston and the 80 yard TD to Tate in the Rams game, or the fumble recovery in Carolina. They only managed 45 yards of total offense besides that Tate TD run against the Rams.

Besides that Bleed, I think you underestimate the fans a bit. We may not be in the biz but some of us know what's going on out there and I've been watching Super Bowl teams play football for 35+ years. I know one when I see one and this team clearly isn't passing the eye test right now.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
The wins are great, the huge plays that turn it in their favor are great. What's missing is sustainment. They often can't sustain a quality level of play. Game flow is working against them. They get their ass kicked for an entire half, or even an entire game, then they offset it with a huge play or two and they end up with a lead or something like that.
That kind of thing won't work forever.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
The wins are great, the huge plays that turn it in their favor are great. What's missing is sustainment. They often can't sustain a quality level of play. Game flow is working against them. They get their ass kicked for an entire half, or even an entire game, then they offset it with a huge play or two and they end up with a lead or something like that.
That kind of thing won't work forever.

Exactly , it won't work forever and teams have figured out how to try and stop Wilson , last year won't last forever , teams have seen him now !

I think some of you guys just saw us steam rolling the NFL , well it doesn't work that way , injuries , schedule and 13 straight games in a row are taking its toll , were playing safe football and its working and like this week when you need it , it's there , I've seen nothing that doesn't let me trust this team to finish the deal

Last edited:

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I think some of you guys just saw us steam rolling the NFL , well it doesn't work that way

That's not really it at all. The thing is, I feel better about the loss in Indy than I do about the wins vs Houston, the Rams and Tampa. They lost to Indy but for the most part they played fairly well. I'll take it. They pretty much outplayed Indy in every aspect except the final score. Indy basically pulled one out of the hat with a couple of big plays and a couple of fluke plays to beat us. In other words, it was a Seahawk-like win for them. When the Hawks play like they did against Indy, I like their chances a lot more than when they play like in the St. Louis game.

As for seeing nothing that doesn't let you trust this team to finish the deal? Sometimes I think you gotta look past the wins and losses. I'd take the '11 Hawks over the '13 Hawks right now. Not the '11 Hawks that went 7-9, but the '11 Hawks that finished 5-3 and fell about 10 points short of winning their last 8 in a row. That team was playing better the 2nd half of the season than this team is playing right now. And as for seeing us steamrolling the league at the end of last season, like I said before, they were playing at a far higher level at the end of last season too than they are now. The offense was far more balanced and the O-line was probably top 10, Lynch was in beast mode and Wilson was the best QB in the league during that stretch. They had the momentum and they had the mojo.
Are you saying the Hawks weren't as good as they looked during that stretch? I hope that's not the case because that's the level they need to hit again this year if they want to win it.

Last edited:

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Good stuff Band, I totally agree. I'm not feeling anything like I did in 2005. This team is far from unstoppable and I hope that Harvin and a Bye week will get things back on track..

Problem is we are 2 games away. I like the fact that we don't give up, but the Seahawks have never been known as quitters. That's why I've never given up on them.

It's not looking good for the next 2 games. I really hope that the team has enough left in the tank and the 12th mans help will be enough to keep the home streak alive.

Last edited:

Elkaholic

Huddler
Reaction score
Could have swore they overcame 2 Wilson Red Zone Interceptions......not just one. Kearse return fumble.. Good game for a BAD game

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
I'm totally looking past wins and losses, stats and the score for that matter and what I see is the most resilient hawks team ever.

These ugly wins and come from behind victories although not ideal , do serve their purpose and I would agree its not the same looking offense as when we hit our stride last season but it did take half the season to get there. I think the Tampa game mainly the second half was as good as it gets , we moved the ball at will and shut down the bad guys and they looked like the team you speak of I think it's coming around it's going to be another Super Bowl game this week against ATL , I'm sure they would love to send us home with a loss as they have little to play for , I hope the bad taste is still in their mouths from last year , I think it's huge motivation .

Also I wanted to mention that outside of the Rams Game we've played really well against " familiar " opponents this season I think there's a comfort level there that allows them to open it up more as opposed to being conservative when they don't know a team .

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers out 3 weeks and with 2 losses already , I think you can scratch them off the list of possible teams that can win home field in the NFC .

That leaves Sea- SF - and New Orleans who lost to the jets
And we all play each other ! It's going to be good

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
I might re-word that a little. Maybe only Seahawk fans ignore the warning signs as long as they are winning.

The wins aren't the problem. It's the play on the field that's the problem. This team has a tab built up on the house with these wins and they are headed for a 49-7 blowout loss if they don't get it together. If this is what they are building this season on, it's going to all blow up on them, guaranteed. The quality of play is for the most part absolutely terrible, with a couple of huge plays sprinkled in here and there that pulls them out of the fire, like the pick 6 in Houston and the 80 yard TD to Tate in the Rams game, or the fumble recovery in Carolina. They only managed 45 yards of total offense besides that Tate TD run against the Rams.

Besides that Bleed, I think you underestimate the fans a bit. We may not be in the biz but some of us know what's going on out there and I've been watching Super Bowl teams play football for 35+ years. I know one when I see one and this team clearly isn't passing the eye test right now.

I was a Season ticket holder for 10 years; from the Kingdome through the new stadium. (Before my financial collapse of 2008. lol) Here's a little tip, I watched them lose a lot of home games even when we had the fans there loud as hell. Matter of a fact we lost a lot of away games along with them. Playing in Seattle is tougher on the offense granted, but last time I checked we won those away games and hung with Indy in our ONE and only loss. Indy beat the god like Bronco's right? We are getting better at wining believe it or not.

The team you see evolving and isn't slipping. They are playing teams that match up well against some things we've been exposed to be doing poorly. If they can continually "fix" what's wrong in the second half then it isn't talent. It's just coaching, technique and discipline.

We aren't wining these games on accident or by luck. Those wins have been an extreme effort. They haven't had any rest since August, the bye will be a welcome rest period. With any luck we'll have our OLine back to full strength and a true speedster at WR, drawing double coverage. Then all the fears I keep hearing will be put to rest.

Remember, if it wasn't hard everyone would do it. I feel we will be the last man standing in the final round. There's something you can't coach that is a wining ingredient and these guys all have it. It's grit...plain old grit.

I say believe in the team...it's better than believing in the doom that never comes.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
The team you see evolving and isn't slipping. They are playing teams that match up well against some things we've been exposed to be doing poorly. If they can continually "fix" what's wrong in the second half then it isn't talent. It's just coaching, technique and discipline.

Don't get me wrong, there are some positives with this year's team in how they are able to win some of these games. That's a dimension that only championship teams have. Back to another Ali analogy: it's like what he had when Foreman was pounding away at him for seven rounds and right when he was on the brink, he found that intangible and less than 30 seconds later Foreman was on the canvas and the fight was over. Every time the Hawks win a game in that fashion it makes me think of that Ali/Foreman fight.
But that kind of thing isn't enough by itself. I agree with you on the talent angle. This team has it and whatever weaknesses or holes they have can be fixed by the same people who are creating them. It's gone that way for the last few years in a row now. They start out slow, the O-line is shaky, and they gel as the season goes on. It wasn't until after the Dolphins game last year when they finally gelled and started rolling.
I'm just saying they got some work to do and hitting that higher level is something they haven't done yet this year. But even last year before it happened they never showed the issues and problems they are having this year, which is a concern.
Bringing back the tackles and getting Harvin in there will help. But that's when the real work begins. It's also where good coaches earn their paychecks because it's up to them to figure out how to get it all to work.

Last edited:
OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
I personally think that PC has reined in things to a certain extent , some because of injuries and some simply because he doesn't want to show his hand to soon .

I not saying the team isn't playing 100% but he did state with a chuckle and a smile that " you don't want to peak to soon " and he looked like he was holding 4 aces in a poker game as he said it . Not running Lynch in oblivious situations , keeping Wilson in the Pocket when clearly he's better on the move , not a lot of deep passes , could be a little smoke and mirrors when thinking big picture.

I would think the team really wants this game in ATL , if my theory holds water then we see a different looking team Sunday .

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
I personally think that PC has reined in things to a certain extent , some because of injuries and some simply because he doesn't want to show his hand to soon .

I not saying the team isn't playing 100% but he did state with a chuckle and a smile that " you don't want to peak to soon " and he looked like he was holding 4 aces in a poker game as he said it . Not running Lynch in oblivious situations , keeping Wilson in the Pocket when clearly he's better on the move , not a lot of deep passes , could be a little smoke and mirrors when thinking big picture.

I would think the team really wants this game in ATL , if my theory holds water then we see a different looking team Sunday .

That's the team I've been waiting for !

Top Bottom